[CYOA] Quantum Edition

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm

5). You should be ashamed of yourselves for having the chance to grab some and not doing so.

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 pm

^ If it ends in a tie again I'll back burger.
"Shinji Ikari: Eroge Meta-Protagonist" - Agentomega
Just what you'd expect from the master Mr. Anno

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:53 am

3) Reasoning: It's an Aston! How could you not talk/ask about it :lol:
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:01 pm

The quietness of the car is awkward. You are not sure if you can make the 12 kilometer ride without at least trying to strike up a conversation. It doesn't help that Mari keeps making quick furtive glances in your direction. You are pretty sure she wants to say something, but what you have no Idea what.

"Mari.." you start but stall as she quickly looks your way. Asking her about NERV might not get you anything other than arousing her suspicion, and asking about the Evangelion was definitely a No No. After all you are pretty sure you shouldn't even know that it even exist. Mari continues to look in your direction in anticipation.

"I was wondering about your car, it just that such classics are hard to come by these days." Mari looks almost disappointed. Was she hoping you would say something else?

"I got it from my grandfather on my mother's side. He worked for the British SIS. This is one of several cars that various agents used back in the 60's, it was never decommissioned so it still has all the gadgets. Its kinda odd that both my parent were half British half Japanese, but i ended up growing up in the States."

Mari's hand brushes yours as she reaches for her phone quickly bringing you back to reality. Your hand must had been creeping dangerously close to her smooth silky thigh. She produces a slight blush at the unintended contact. You realize that you are no longer on the road but on some kind or vehicle tram.

The View of The Geofront is breathtaking as the tram moves down from the upper layer onto the suspended track that winds its way down to the ground below. You exit the tram and Enter into the NERV facility from the Parking Garage. Mari Leads you to a Small reception area.

"I have to be going now Ikari, wait right here and Dr. Akagi will be here shortly" Mari gives you a quick peck on the cheek and starts to walk off.

?Decision Time?

1) Stop Mari and gives her a passionate kiss

2) Wait till Mari leaves and snoop around

3) Wait patiently for Dr. Akagi
Nope

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:29 am

Pfft. Alright, I'm all for the balls-to-the-wall approach here. I vote 1.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 pm

1) We ALPHA now

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:31 pm

1)

Burger of Power
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Burger of Power » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:22 am

1. *Nods proudly upon seeing the general consensus*

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Watching Mari turn and start to go, you decide that you want her to know your interested, after all unless your highly mistaken she seems interested in you. Intent on giving her a kiss you quickly reach out and grab Mari's hand in an attempt to pull her back to you.

Mari is stronger than she looks and not so easily moved, you succeed in stopping her but stumble in the process. You let go of her hand putting both arms up in an attempt to steady your self by grabbing her shoulders from behind. She turns at that moment taking an unexpected step back in hope of avoiding you.

There's no hope of her avoiding you now as you desperately try to steady yourself. The extra distance causes your hands to fall just below her outstretched arms. You reflexively grab at her shirt. the fabric gives way easily as your thumbs get caught in her bra straps ripping the flimsy underwear completely off her chest. You both hit the floor you're face first in her exposed cleavage.

You begin to apologize profusely, maybe you should have gotten up first. Mari shrieks at the unintentional motorboating, your not sure if in exhilaration or in terror.

"You must be Ikari" you freeze in horror at the sound of the voice. Someone else is now here and this whole situation looks pretty bad. "I'm Doctor Akagi and if you don't mind I'd like to get you up to speed on why your here." from the sound of her voice she seems to be unfazed by your current antics.

You help Mari up from the floor, after covering herself as well as possible she hurries off without a word. You turn to face Dr Akagi, she is a very attractive woman who appears to be a bit older than you, she wears glasses and sports long black hair tied into a ponytail.

She beckons you to follow but says very little as you go.

?What do?

1) Follow along in silence

2) Ask Dr Akagi a question. (specify, i'll do a couple i like the best)
Nope

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 am

1) Because I can't think of any good questions :lol:

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 am

Well. I now see exactly what you mean about the choices not reflecting what you expect to occur :lol:

Hm.

2. Some possible questions include:

"So uh... I guess you've seen more awkward huh?"
"I haven't completely scarred her for life have I?"
"Do you think I still have a shot?"
"Am I in trouble for that?"
"Um, can you tell me more about this Evangelion thing?"
"What was that giant thing outside exactly?"
"How you doin'?"

EDIT:
View Original PostOxopoha wrote:2) [s]Casually suggest time loop plot[/s] Have we met before?

I like this idea.
Last edited by Agentomega on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:42 am

Those are all good one's IMO. So on second thought I'll gladly change my vote to 2. (I still have no ideas :lol: )

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:43 pm

2) [s:62iltwmq]Casually suggest time loop plot[/s:62iltwmq] Have we met before?

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:43 pm

You follow along quietly at first, but you start to get nervous as you pass through more doors and hallways than you could possibly keep track of.

"Dr. Akagi about what happened back..."

"Please call me Ritsuko, after all we're old friends. Right?"

"We are, i don't recall...." you words trail off as you rack your brain for information.

"Let me recall" she says" It must have been about twenty years ago i was here to see my mother, it was still called Gihirn back in those days. Our mothers never got along well and yours had brought you to work. Your dad was out of town. My mom never had much love for kids, her own or any other. My first date outside of high school was the cutest little thing. he wasn't much of a talker but he knew how to have fun. We spent the whole afternoon playing catch and finger painting. Eventually our mothers finished their work and you went home, and i went home alone. My mother couldn't even take time to talk to me."

"As for what happened earlier, that's between you and Mari. Your both adults. You should be able to reconcile one embarrassing incident between the two of you."

You arrive in a small room. In the center is a smaller closed off area. A conveyor on the floor leads into the booth. Ritsuko hands you a small device it has a hole in one end.

"Slide that scanner over your index finger and step on the conveyor. your going to feel a slight bit of pain. the scanner requires a small bit of blood and tissue which will be used to form a genetic profile. Inside the booth are several scanners that will enable us to form a complete 3d render of your body at any layer. Don't be concerned it's completely safe."

Stepping onto the conveyor you feel the pinprick in your finger, and by the time the initial pain subsides your almost all the way through the scanner.

"Results should be available by the time we reach our destination."

You Leave the room after her, and after a short walk step into an elevator.

"Dr Aka.. Ritsuko" she turns to look at you. "I was wondering, does my being here have something to do with that Monster i saw earlier. I mean am i here to pilot a weapon against it or something?"

Ritsuko regards you shrewdly for a moment. "Yes, seeing as your about to be its pilot i guess there in no harm talking about the Evangelion. Though i am curious as to where you found out about it."

You hadn't mention Evangelion specifically, was she fishing or was it just a shot in the dark.

"I was right someone did tell you, i could tell by the look on your face." Ritsuko leans in closely next to your ear and whispers "Don't say anything to anybody. I know it wasn't Mari that told you."

The elevator dings and opens, Ritsuko walks out and you follow. It's only then that you realize she hadn't really answered your question. You follow her through another door into a very dark room the only light coming from a open door on the other side.

"Don't wander we're almost there." Halfway across the room you are startled by the sudden intense light. Before you is a giant Armored face it is roughly humanoid in appearance.

"This Shinji is Evangelion, your father work."

"And your mothers" despite it being 13 years you instantly recognize the new voice as your fathers.

You see him looking down from an observation room above the Eva
"Mankind's survival depends on you Shinji. You will pilot it.

1) Agree to pilot, even though it was demanded of you

2) Agree to pilot w/conditions

3) Tell your father to go sodomize himself with a rusty chainsaw
Nope

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:47 pm

2, and ask to get paid, maybe also for an apartment. 3 would have serious repercussions, and 1 has the potential to not get paid.

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 am

3) after 2) What better place to tell your dad to fuck off than inside a multi story death machine?

SirRotgut
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SirRotgut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:13 pm

It's better not to waste anymore time. If you are the only hope for the survival of man you have no other moral choice than to pilot, but that doesn't mean you can't still bargain.

"I'll pilot, but i have some conditions." There is no reaction from your father.
"First I want to make sure I'm well paid." Your father nods in agreement " And I want NERV to provide me a place to live for the duration of my time here."

"Shinji, your piloting the Eva is is a forgone fact. If you want things to be that way, I agree to your concessions. Simple demands are easily met, especially since i have already done so. This organization has been paying you a pilots salary for the past 10 years. In addition you have also received a monthly stipend for housing. I think you will find 100K yen a month agreeable"

That went easier than you expected. Your father must be talking about the expense account he opened for you 10 years ago. Doing some quick napkin math, subtracting tuition for school, and your very modest standard of living, comes out to equal....your freakin rich.

Seems like things are looking up already, you notice a smirk creep across your old mans face. This can't be good

"Now that you have made your demands, and they have been met. I have a demand of my own. Nebukawa Sensei The Art and history teacher at Tokyo3 high school has just passed on, and they are in need of a replacement. You will fill the position and will be the staff sponser of the music club."

Wait... What.... Facing World annihilation and your father wants you to teach school.

"Doctor, prep the pilot for deployment." Lights in the observation room go dark. Ritsuko leads you around the catwalk to the rear of the Evangelion. There, sitting on the suspended platform is a oddly shaped device with a seat and control yokes suspended from an overhead boom. Ritsuko urges you to sit down, after doing so you are transported to a large cylinder exiting the Eva's back.

Suddenly the large cylinder begins to spin around you, the cockpit begins to fill with liquid. It smells strongly of blood and has a fairly thick consistency. Either they are trying to kill you or someone forgot to mention something important. You hold out as long as you can. lungs burning you exhale stale air and breath in the vile concoction. The cockpit streams with color then a HUD pops up before you. You see things outside the Eva as though you were looking through it's eyes.

"Are you OK in there Shinji?" Its doctor Akagi. "You have passed all normal start up procedures, Your sync rate is holding stable at 55%. We are currently moving you to a magnetic lift that will take you to the surface. Evas run on external power through an umbilical cable. Each lift is equipped with this device, others are scattered through out the city. If your connection is destroyed you will only have 3min of operation."

Suddenly you are thrown back in your seat as the lift rockets you to the surface. Breaking ground level you see your adversary in the distance.

"Concentrate on moving forward" You wonder how. The doctor elaborates "Imagine yourself as walking." You feel the connection to the Eva as it takes a tentative step forward. Your sense of balance is all wrong, you start to falter but quickly right yourself. Commanding the Eva is much like practicing music when you don't have your cello on hand, a mental exertion just not a physical one.

You are confident you can now pilot easily, what do you do

1) Go on the offensive

2) play it defensively, let the Giant freak come to you

3) ask about weapons
Nope

Oxopoha
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oxopoha » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

3) I'm pretty sure Shinji doesn't know kung fu.

Edit: Thanks to Agentomega I'll be expecting heavy quotes when Yui inevitably goes berserk.
Last edited by Oxopoha on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 pm

2)

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

3) Heavy veapons are needed for heavy mech! Dis gun costs 400 billion yen to fire for tvelve seconds. (Good luck finding sandvich dat beeg)

Return to “Role-Playing Related”