Adeptus Evangelion

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

ADEPTUS EVANGELION- American Dreams RP

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:51 pm

"Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice. "

"Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven"

The year is 2015, and the end of world has already passed mankind. Mankind is in the process of rebuilding itself after the incident known only only as Second Impact, witch destroyed most of the South Pole, threw Earth off its axis, and thousands of other repercussions from the fallout of these two events.

Though the cost of America lives was insurmountable, some leading business leaders would tell you post Second Impact America is in fact better off then its predecessor. From a certain point of view it is. Chicago and America's other industrial capital where awakened from their long slumber as they rebuilt America's coastal cities, and soon after aided in the construction of the rest of the world. Unemployment was practically unheard of (though most of the manual labor was preformed by refuges from Mexico and South America.) and America went from a fading Superpower to the world's only Hyperpower.

But as all students of history know, America acquired a staggering Pre-Second Impact debt. While the Americans where living like kings, the rest of the world elite considered it lucky they had three meals a day on their table. It was time for America to pay up, and even with its astounding wealth it couldn't. A new brief cold war started between America its puppet states and the rest of the world, until a unknown major player in the American military industrial complex got everyone to reach a compromise.

America would become nothing more than a corporation. America itself would have the largest "share" in voting how its capital and infrastructure was used; the normal government administration duties be theirs and theirs alone as well. Other major former lenders to America however would have a "share", and with a majority vote could spend a however large section of income on a international endeavor. However for the vast majority of the time its been confined to forcing America to throw in its lionshare of the UN budget. Outside its military force and command of NATO force, America has lost any semblance of being an actual nation.

America's business now have free reign for the most part. With it, they have turned Chicago into Chi-Town, the anti thesis to Tokyo 3 and America's coastal cities. The second largest city in the world, and quite possibly the industrial and research capital of the world, while Tokyo 3 presents a facade of humanity rising from its ashes in a brilliant, glorious fashion, Chi Town shows its grim underbelly. Chi Town while looking nothing less than splendid lies in the middle of a industrial wasteland unfit for life. The skies would be always black from smog if not for night pollution. Nearly every building is modernist, in nature as companies don't believe in wasting money on artsy, just efficiency. The divide between the poor in the rich is almost literal, with gated communities guarded by armed guarded separating the fortunate from the unfortunate.

Now things are changing with the appearance of the Angels. With Concord Tech having won the bid to research and develop technology from the Lance of Longious , an artifact discovered in what used to be the South Pole, from SEELE...Chi Town has come under attack from this alien foe. To protect its interests, NERV and SEELE, have established a new NERV branch in Chi Town perimeters. The Lance of Longious must not be surrendered to the Angels at any cost, but research into it must continue at all costs as well.

NERV's and the world's only line of defense is of course the Evangelion series. A line of what the public believes to be giant mecha tasked with defending various NERV branches throughout the world. They are humanities greatest weapon and the only one that can stand up to the Angel's, but sadly can only be piloted by those born after 2nd Impact. These are the tales chronicling the children who fought for adults.

Character Creation.

You will need both the ADEPTUS EVANGELION and Dark Heresy rulebooks to play the game. I can provide the former here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JAJPHIL

but you MUST have the Dark Heresy corebook or the Rogue Trader one....just ask me to help your through character creation a tiny bit.

Here's what you need to fill outside of stats.

Name:
Nationality:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Background:
I won.

Siege
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Siege » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:14 pm

i do believe this is the first wholly EvaGeek.org AdEva RP. good show sir. :D

tell me who ends up in game, i'll be sure to illustrate their evas.

olive branch, etc.
IRC.Rizon.net #AdeptusEvangelion

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:19 am

View Original PostSiege wrote:i do believe this is the first wholly EvaGeek.org AdEva RP. good show sir. :D

tell me who ends up in game, i'll be sure to illustrate their evas.

olive branch, etc.

Good show to you sir! That's great art there.
I won.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am

I might be interested, where is the sign-up section?

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:I might be interested, where is the sign-up section?

errr, right here. >_<
I won.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 pm

What kind of gm are you?
Are we using Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader as the base? There is a certain power level difference between the two.
Will we be adopting Nemz' idea of making one adult and one child character?
What is the final date for submitting a character?
Will there be a short tutorial to familiarize or refamiliarize ourselves with the gameplay rules of Dark Heresy(such as in the form of a training simulation, in-game), or do we have till the game begins to go over the rules of Dark Heresy by ourselves?
Will all die be managed by the gm, will there be some sort of honors system, or will we be using a random number generator?
Will we be doing it on a thread in the roleplaying section or through IRC (because I have no idea how to access IRC)?
What will the competency level of Section 2 be in this game, super-competent like in Rebuild or disloyal morons like in the series?
Will the Black Moon be in Chicago?

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm

[quote="Sun Stealer#384418"]

What kind of gm are you?

RP heavy, mechanics semi lite.

Are we using Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader as the base? There is a certain power level difference between the two.

DH

Will we be adopting Nemz' idea of making one adult and one child character?

No, I'll be taking advantage that this has an anime feel and the characters get more leeway and access than their ages would normally allow.

Easy to RP an answer as to way as well. a lot of people died in Second Impact. Kids had to grow up quicker and adults had to have their perceptions change about the responsibility children are allowed to handle.

What is the final date for submitting a character?

Whenever I get a god number of people. I'd prefer to start in two weeks. I'm also working with maptools learning how to make maps for this game, hence why so late even if I get a bunch of people in a day or so.

Will there be a short tutorial to familiarize or refamiliarize ourselves with the gameplay rules of Dark Heresy(such as in the form of a training simulation, in-game), or do we have till the game begins to go over the rules of Dark Heresy by ourselves?

We'll have a brief tutorial. I think it will help all of when running a fairly new...sourcebook....for this system

Will all die be managed by the gm, will there be some sort of honors system, or will we be using a random number generator?

honor system or invisible castle.

Will we be doing it on a thread in the roleplaying section or through IRC (because I have no idea how to access IRC)?

After recruitment, we'll be doing it here.

What will the competency level of Section 2 be in this game, super-competent like in Rebuild or disloyal morons like in the series?

Both. Some of them work for NERV, some directly for the UN, some for coprations....witch ones are trusting worthy I won't say

Will the Black Moon be in Chicago?

Story thing I'll be keeping to myself for now
I won.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 pm

View Original PostThemaninblack wrote: RP heavy, mechanics semi lite.

No I mean are you a killer gm, an earn-your-happy-ending gm, a monty haul gm, etc.? Are you a gm who plays it loose or are you a railroader?

No, I'll be taking advantage that this has an anime feel and the characters get more leeway and access than their ages would normally allow.

I'm still with you, but I have to say this does not make much sense if you're going with a gritty, realism-type deal. Children and teenagers aren't good at games of magnificent bastardry because their frontal cortex, the part of the brain that inhibits bad ideas and behaviors, isn't fully developed, which is why teens are impulsive and lack good judgement. Besides, xanatos chess requires people listen to you and no one is going to listen to a kid.

Easy to RP an answer as to way as well. a lot of people died in Second Impact. Kids had to grow up quicker and adults had to have their perceptions change about the responsibility children are allowed to handle.

This can be interpreted one of two ways. Does it mean this bit of fluff will be used to explain the ambivalence to things like child-soldiers and child labor, or will it be used to handwave kids playing adult and no one batting an eye? Also, it cheapens/dulls the effect of the issue of child soldiers. It sucks away from the drama milkshake.
Furthermore, that still doesn't make much sense, I can understand the people who were children during Second Impact being forced to grow up fast, but that was FIFTEEN years ago. Society should have stabilized a long time ago, especially societies that have experienced an economic miracle. For example, the Soviet Union wasn't having trouble with war orphans fifteen years after the war ended.

While I'm at it, I'm a bit curious, you say the US is an economic powerhouse and that everyone has food on their plate, but then why does Chi-Town have slums that make the worst parts of San Paolo look like Pleasantville? Also, what do you mean by the US is more of a corporation than a nation? I can understand it as an analogy about the balance of power between the US and it's super-creditors, but just because the nation has become some state capitalist abomination doesn't mean that nationalism and ideology disappear. People tend to cling harder to their beliefs the more the SHTF, not drift away from them. Just look at modern Russia or the PRC.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:05 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:No I mean are you a killer gm, an earn-your-happy-ending gm, a monty haul gm, etc.? Are you a gm who plays it loose or are you a railroader?

I love CoC and DH....what type of GM do you think I am? That said, I'm not a newb GM when it comes to these systems, most of the party survives at the end of my session. That said I don't pull punches plenty of my characters have either totally lost there shit or died. I'd say I'm a fair killer GM. I give my players some slack and let themselves hang themselves with it.

I play it semi loose as well. I have a strong outline of what happens, but most of those details in their will be filled in by you. What friends you make, what enemies you make, who lives, who dies, Does NERV love you or SEELE? Do the higher ups love you but the grunts hate your guts. ect.

The great thing about this setting....no matter what a large section of your foes will have to be fought in a order I want to give you, and occasionally I can limit your options on how to solve a fight without it looking like I'm being a railroading dick.

I'm still with you, but I have to say this does not make much sense if you're going with a gritty, realism-type deal. Children and teenagers aren't good at games of magnificent bastardry because their frontal cortex, the part of the brain that inhibits bad ideas and behaviors, isn't fully developed, which is why teens are impulsive and lack good judgement. Besides, xanatos chess requires people listen to you and no one is going to listen to a kid.

Hey, I knew some smart kids...but yeah. They are going to look down at you, that said things have changed.

This can be interpreted one of two ways. Does it mean this bit of fluff will be used to explain the ambivalence to things like child-soldiers and child labor, or will it be used to handwave kids playing adult and no one batting an eye? Also, it cheapens/dulls the effect of the issue of child soldiers. It sucks away from the drama milkshake.
Furthermore, that still doesn't make much sense, I can understand the people who were children during Second Impact being forced to grow up fast, but that was FIFTEEN years ago. Society should have stabilized a long time ago, especially societies that have experienced an economic miracle. For example, the Soviet Union wasn't having trouble with war orphans fifteen years after the war ended.

That I will argue with you about. Second Impact depleted a LARGE section of the population right off the bat. New York, Boston, Mamai, L.A, ect....just in America. That alone knocks America's poulation down like 10-15% and that's a low estimate.

Then their are the repercussions direct and indirect from the lack of infrastructure. Most Governments are going to have to deal with wide spread revolts, looting, and sometimes outright civil war. Food crises are going to be the norm thanks to the damage in the environment. Most people underestimate what a tough bitch nature is, nuclear war wouldn't kill here off for example....just us, but the changes that take place will be detrimental to us to say the least. That would be a continuing problem in the years to come. The Earth as it is won't be able to sustain such a large human population, from purely environmental factors.

I think realistically if Second Impact happened, mankind would be in the low billions, and thanks to starvation in some lesser developed (and declining 1st World) nations. To even try to regain the population we once had child laborers, soldiers, and artisans. 16 would be the new 20.

For the upper class (in say America) it would be business as usual though in some form. So yes, to enforce the double nature of this world, NERV soldiers won't bat an eye at seeing you go into combat....but the command officials ironically will feel somewhat guilty and have to careful be even more careful around you. After all, like the characters in the series, you where probably the children of rather affluent people. People who would still consider you children.

Besides in the America I crafted for this setting, I want you to reinforce the countries...well....darker side.

If you feel so strongly, we can try it your way. Your second characters can be agents of the UN and America's creditors.

While I'm at it, I'm a bit curious, you say the US is an economic powerhouse and that everyone has food on their plate, but then why does Chi-Town have slums that make the worst parts of San Paolo look like Pleasantville? Also, what do you mean by the US is more of a corporation than a nation? I can understand it as an analogy about the balance of power between the US and it's super-creditors, but just because the nation has become some state capitalist abomination doesn't mean that nationalism and ideology disappear. People tend to cling harder to their beliefs the more the SHTF, not drift away from them. Just look at modern Russia or the PRC.

Everyone one has three meals a day, but most them are getting it from McDonald's and other artificial food joints. Most of the labor in America is virtual slave labor thanks to the refuges from south of the border. Its only the rich that got richer.

Take what I said as artistic exaggeration given the balance of power between America and the nations that formally financed its budget. Its mostly a sovereign nation, but basically it has to force fund most of the UN functions singlehandily if they don't want to be nuked into oblivion.

Once again, shit didn't hit the fan for the group running America basically, in fact thanks to the conditions compared to most of the world, their happy as can be. It could have been oh SO much worse, and many actually came out ahead. The compromise orchestrated by the future SEELE member only made things better for them. America is focusing its remaining budget mostly on its military, hiring for profit corporations to do most government functions, like jails, schools, hospitals, and police forces. Times are very good for them in this deal. The color of green is all that matters to them, and their seeing nothing but it.

So yeah, certain cyberpunk elements have been added in.
I won.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:02 pm

I suppose I'm interested.

So are we doing the two characters thing or not? If so, I'd further recommend that players not be permitted to play both a Child and that Child's guardian/parent.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:57 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I suppose I'm interested.

So are we doing the two characters thing or not? If so, I'd further recommend that players not be permitted to play both a Child and that Child's guardian/parent.

So far everyone wants to do that, so sure. Once again, you'll be playing U.N agents investigating what is going behind NERV's closed doors. What fun!
I won.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:02 am

U.N agents investigating what is going behind NERV's closed doors. What fun!

Oh dear, I see no horrible tragedies occurring with this scenario........ :hide:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:01 am

alright, I'm in.

But might I make a suggestion. Are you familiar with the apprentice-journeyman-master system used in guilds? Teens working jobs under the supervision of adult trainers is much more believable than teens doing a job by themselves.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:alright, I'm in.

But might I make a suggestion. Are you familiar with the apprentice-journeyman-master system used in guilds? Teens working jobs under the supervision of adult trainers is much more believable than teens doing a job by themselves.

Good point. I think/know I'll integrate that somehow.
I won.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:57 am

So should I actually make a couple characters up or is this project stillborn?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:28 am

...my computer died. I doubt any of you give a shit anymore but if you want to revive this...
I won.

BeamKatana
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BeamKatana » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Oh, tres non, sir, I for one want this to go on! I'll be running an AE game next semester, and I'd love to have the opportunity to play as well!
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
EGF's Herald of Nurgle

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Registered to post, specifically for this. <3

Definitely interested(though the game medium would make a large influence; PbP/IM chat, etc).

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

Adeptus Evangelion [REDACTED]

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:15 pm

BMJ and the team have released [REDACTED], a GM's AdEva toolbook.

It's full of new Angels, Archangels (Like Angels but meaner) and scenarios. It's excellent stuff, easily as good as Inquisitor's Handbook.
Even in death, I still nerd.

BeamKatana
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby BeamKatana » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Good, certainly, but it raises some odd questions. For one, the vast majority of the Archangels don't have Unnatural Toughness. Should we take that to mean that the ordinary Angels don't without a Synch Ratio higher than 100? It never did quite seem fair that the Angel trait, unlike the DH Daemon trait, had absolutely no way of bypassing it. And the last Archangel, Keter, doesn't seem possible to beat. Thanks to Impossible Composition and 20 AP, you'd need to be dealing at least 40 damage to even scratch its body (ostensibly its most vulnerable point, because it hides the core), but then it could use its Quantum Physiology to...er, negate the damage? Redirect it? It isn't really clear.
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
EGF's Herald of Nurgle

Return to “Role-Playing Related”