What anime are you watching right now? May07-Feb10

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:40 pm

The Triad wrote:Bokurano 22

It's out. It's boring. Next episode should really be the last episode. Episode 24 sucks. Ushiro's emo. Read the manga. Someone kill Morita.

Oh dear.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:06 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Finished Mononoke this evening

I've just started this one. I really liked the last story from Ayakashi, so I wanted to wait for the subs to finish before diving in.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:32 am

I'm currently re-watching Evangelion for the 3rd time, actually! I've watched it once dubbed, then subbed and now I am, of course, back with the dub. The first epiosode is great, it could never, ever get boring!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:20 pm

Ever watch Ghost in the Shell in German? Funny stuff.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:09 pm

I've been slacking off on my Gurren Lagann watching, so I'm probably going to wait til ADV releases the DVDs... oh, I've also been watching Rozen Maiden again, thanks to Netflix. Too bad RM: Traumend's US release is getting cut short thanks to Geneon. :x (Hilariously enough, I've gotten my mom into watching it. I still remember when I caught her sneaking reads at the first volume of its manga... the first manga I ever bought. :lol:) I'll be finishing the first season this month after I watch and return 300. As for what to watch next... eh, I dunno yet. I'm quite slow on picking up series unless/even when they pique my interest so, maybe Lucky Star or something else rediculously moé.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Started watching Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun. So far it is just another ecchi filled cheap RomCom.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Minami-ke is a pretty good show. Other notables this season includes Clannad, ef and Kaiji. Especially Kaiji, that shit is awesome.

Also watching Yamato 2 and Rocket Girls for some reason.
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Rocket Girls is one of the pleasant surprises of the year, far, far better than might have been done with the premise
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:40 pm

I actually started watching it for the premise. I watched 2 eps raw then stopped because it had too many words that I didn't understand. When someone finally finished subbing it, I just picked that up and am currently trying to work my way through it between all these new shows, hobbies and school.
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:15 am

Heh... I said my next anime would be something rediculously moé... instead I picked up Higuraski no Naku Koro Ni... Finished the third ep just a little while ago. It just gets more suspenseful and creepy each episode... when does the bloodshed begin...?

Edit: And I'm aware of the formula of the show, so no need to tell me about that.
8luh 8luh

S.A.L
Embryo

Postby S.A.L » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:41 am

I'm currently watching Fafner of the Azure for the 2nd time... It's similar to Eva, but even sadder. Even sadder.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:59 pm

Well i'm watching the Air TV series.

Go me and my cryan animu.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:54 pm

Just watched two episodes of the (in)famous Ghost Stories dub. Funnier than it has any right to be, still chuckling at certain gags, especially the mentally deficient younger brother. "AAAAAAGLGHAHGGHUAGALSGHSGH!!!!"

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 am

...And I finished the first arc of Higurashi. Not as brutal as I was expecting, but that's fine. I hear it gets a bit more violent in some of the subsequent arcs, though. The time loop thing's a pretty interesting way to do things. So far, I've found it enjoyable, I can't wait to see what happens the next time around... I'm sticking with, and reccomending it (for the time being) if you like a good mystery, thrills, suspense and bloodshed.

Four eps down.... 46 to go. :cry:
8luh 8luh

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:05 am

I am just starting Doraemon, and I must say that it has one of the greatest ED themes I have ever heard. The Nobita fansub is disgraceful and hilarious, and the Lucky Gun episode made me wish so strongly that I had a screencap program that captured the content of Windows Media Player. (I was off-line at the time.) Compulsively addictive, sweetly innocent, vaguely disturbing--I can see why this has endured.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:19 pm

Omegagouki wrote:.a bit more violent in some of the subsequent arcs,

The high -- or low -- point is in the late teens (17+) of episodes. Show your distinction... :twisted:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:08 pm

That scene was truly cringeworthy

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 pm

The distinction scene made me cringe a little, but it wasn't THAT bad. It was looking at the aftereffects that did it for me.

That arc was fantastic in general.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 am

Anyone else notice during the second episode of Genshiken 2 all the Eva references? Easiest one to catch was the doujin cover at 20:50 but there was more. (I would have put a screen capture of that scene over in the omake thread but my player wouldn't let me get a decent capture of it. :( )
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Return to “Old Stickies”