Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Xard wrote:"How long it'll take before we see culture festival"

My experiences usually tell me it will at least be hinted at if not entirely shown in the first 30 minutes.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Taekmkm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Kimi Todoke is pretty much a big subversion on shoujo tropes.

That, or basically a super-aggressive shoujo. Any misunderstanding or manipulation deployed is just headbutted hard by the two main character's naiveness/stubborness.
We watched 'The Lion King' in my math class once. After it was over, the teacher passed out worksheets that said: "If the circle of life had a diamter of 46 inches..."

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:12 pm

ran: yeah you're right :lol:

View Original PostTaekmkm wrote:Kimi Todoke is pretty much a big subversion on shoujo tropes.

That, or basically a super-aggressive shoujo. Any misunderstanding or manipulation deployed is just headbutted hard by the two main character's naiveness/stubborness.

I LOVE Kimi ni Todoke but..what does this has to do with the topic? :)

hmm, I guess that's enuff for off-topic

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 pm

View Original PostMerridian wrote:If QUALITY animation, incoherent settings, generic allusions to last week's apocalypse, mix-n-match atmosphere, gratuitous spider tanks, ten minutes of inconsequential PTSD, and slice of life don't sound interesting, then it's probably a waste of your time.

Patched to reflect cold, brutal reality.

View Original PostXard wrote:yes, Yoshino worked 3 years on the setting of the show for the lulz.

And yet the end result still looks like he dumped his Hitchhiker's Guide to Ruritania into a shredder. SIR... I AM DISAPPOINT.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:00 pm

BobBQ wrote:And yet the end result still looks like he dumped his Hitchhiker's Guide to Ruritania into a shredder. SIR... I AM DISAPPOINT.

I saw it more as a some sort of weird pop culturish collection of setting absorbed from other settings from other popular animes over the past 2-3 years. I thought it was interesting, if a bit... overly ecclectic.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:Patched to reflect cold, brutal reality.
:lol: sure sure I suppose if I maintained such high-brow standards then I, also, would be unable to derive entertainment from such tripe and meaningless cartoons. After all, there's such an overabundance of animus set in incoherent settings that merge the intrigue of last week's apocalypse with day-to-day ramblings of an east-jezus military outpost populated by the K-On-plus-Rei girls. Who cares if it's shot well and subtly written? Moe is trash.

haters gonna hate

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:No, there isn't more to it. In fact, there's less.

No.

LOL. Thanks for replying BrikHaus. In your own opinion would you find K-ON to be more worthless than Sora No Woto? Strangely enough for me I enjoyed K-ON but dont like Sora No Woto as much.....odd.

View Original PostMerridian wrote:If stunningly gorgeous backgrounds, mysterious settings, vague allusions to long-ago catastrophes, subtle writing, great formalism, solid atmosphere, spider tanks, PTSD, and slice of life don't sound interesting, then it's probably a waste of your time. The moe element seems to be the one thing that's trolling viewers the most, actually.

Hmm.......I noticed the gorgeous backgrounds so thats certainly a plus for me. But yeah vague allusions to past war, subtle writing....slice of life..... Well those elements arent that bad but seeing how these girls are just having fun in a military, guard duty setting....doesnt really do it for me. With K-ON moe and slice of life was more easily acceptable since the whole series took place in school setting. But not so in Sora No Woto.

LOL Spidertanks. Any cooler than Tachikomas? Heh. I dont know. I just hope this series gets more serious eventually? If it doesnt even approach the level of seriousness that Strike Witches displays....I dont know what to say about Sora No Woto.....

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 am

My belief is that his show wants to hide its irrelevance and lack of substance with lots of "COOL" elements. I have to agree with almost all of this:

stunningly gorgeous backgrounds, mysterious settings, vague allusions to long-ago catastrophes, [...]spider tanks, PTSD, and slice of life

Yet I feel this show has nothing behind that. As if it's done just to show those things.

Like a show ABOUT gorgeous backgrounds, mysterious settings, allusions to catastrophes, spider tanks, PTSD with slice of life.

If now you added "story" it could be great though.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 am

Well, I wrote this post few days ago but was unable to post it. Let's try "cheating" aka posting first a part and editin rest in.

edit: not surprisingly shit didn't work...

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:Noel's past - oh, how convenient.

There were plenty of out there and a bit more closer to earth theories about Noel's origins (most popular being she is enemy defector). However NO ONE saw this coming:

SPOILER: Show

Oh, and it was established from the start she was some sort of supergenius. As for Aisha apart from ep 3 rapeface dude who may or may not be Roman everyone else we've seen of them is white and certainly not "hindu".

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:Patched to reflect cold, brutal reality.

>QUALITY animation

uhh, wow. If I want QUALITY I go and watch Higurashi, not SnW. SnW's animation quality has moved from great to ok (ep 10 clipshow = budget saving tiem for finale kekeke) and back. Never below.

>incoherent settings

So far SnW hasn't broken its internal logic once. Such accusation is groundless

>generic allusions to last week's apocalypse

All "End of the World by glorious rape and destruction" aspects in any given work share certain number of similarities. To claim these allusions however are "generic allusions" is silly.

As we all know taking something as obscure as myth of chinese Dai people celebrated in few towns of Yunnan province, tweaking couple of small details and recontextualizing it in essentially European setting and having the story recounted in sequence with Klimtesque artwork and insert song sung in french expressing all the main themes of the show - and cross-cutting this with ritual that foreshadows everything about Rio's role in the world (and possibly ending of SnW too...) - is the very definition of generic and simple allusions to apocalypse. Not to mention this myth being clear yet oblique enough to spawn numerous different theories that went on up to ep 7 which gave the "correct answer"... and then the whole "revelation" thing may in fact have been turned upside down in second last episode of the show. Sure is generic.

>mix-n-match atmosphere

mix-n-match setting is understandable but... mix-n-match atmosphere? There's not been unreasonable mood changes or jarring aspects (in relation to each other) in the show. Heck, Ep 8 was one long joke episode but even it had this feeling of foreboding that would continue to grow through ep 9 and reach resolution in ep 10.

>gratuitous spider tanks

and you're saying this as if it was a bad thing... Tank-kun is most badass mecha since Ozma Lee's VF-25 Messiah from 2008! :w00t:

>ten minutes of inconsequential PTSD

:hohum:

"inconsequential" PTSD? Ep 7 was not there to turn show into evaesque grimdark hopelessness with fucked up cast, it was there to enlighten the themes and to show the sadness of the world they live in from another angle - what had so far been hinted at and alluded to was shown first hand and bluntly. It gave depth to all the post-war optimism and happyness that characterizes first 6 episodes. It also establishes raison d'etre for Filicia's "strange", motherly behaviour for a squad leader: hardly inconsequential detail
Ep 11 spoilers  SPOILER: Show
In Noel's case trauma is reason why she was such a shutin for ages and who knows how this whole thing play out in final with Aisha and her being found because of that? Not really definition of "inconsequential" character trait...

>slice of life don't sound interesting

slice of life in one of the more intriguing settings around in a long while, Haibane Renmei meets WW II and YKK's happiness in humanity's twilight.

View Original PostMerridian wrote: military outpost populated by the K-On-plus-Rei girls.

obligatory:
SPOILER: Show

sauce is pixiv, of course :lol:

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote: Strangely enough for me I enjoyed K-ON but dont like Sora No Woto as much.....odd.

:cringe: :cringe: :cringe:

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Well those elements arent that bad but seeing how these girls are just having fun in a military, guard duty setting....doesnt really do it for me. With K-ON moe and slice of life was more easily acceptable since the whole series took place in school setting. But not so in Sora No Woto.

In case you hadn't noticed ep 2 made it clear these girls are basically what your average high school anime girls would be if they had ended up living in shittier times and world.

1121st platoon is pretty much military unit in name only and for a good reason. There's more to that than "lol 5 girls military unit what A COINCIDENCE lolanimu". I should also add that Seize was never part of the war and that when SnW starts there had been peace for 6 months already after what amounts to years if not decades of fighting. And what 5 girl unit with broken tank could do against possible invasion anyway? Hell, even military tends to forget their existence

Keep these in mind when wondering alongside Kureha why they're so lax. At least in early series...

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I just hope this series gets more serious eventually? If it doesnt even approach the level of seriousness that Strike Witches displays....I dont know what to say about Sora No Woto.....

...how long have you even watched SnW?

------------------------------------------

Anyway, I might as well do some elaboration with the whole fire maidens legend stuff, Rio and how scene from ep 1 may end up "influencing" what happens in final episode. This is going to partially overlap with what was written in ep 10 speculah chart so it won't be bad thing if one is familiar with it. Essentially this'll be formal/narrative analysis - something I haven't done in ages - but very light one

Servants of the Fire  SPOILER: Show
1: What we know about demon & fire maidens legend on the basic level of the story

First of course the obvious:

A long time ago, long before the world turned out this way a winged demon lived at the bottom of this town's valley.
The demon spit fire, shook the earth, and caused the people suffering.
Finally, it carried off the Maidens that lived in the fortress, and held them in an underground labyrinth.
But the Maidens lost no heart.
Calling on each other with golden horns, granted to them by an angel, they escaped the labyrinth.
With the aid of a giant spider, they defeated the demon and took its head.
When they did, an intense fire sprung from its head.
If left alone, the town above would burn to the ground.
To keep the springing fire from the town, the Maidens, each in turn, held the head of the demon.
Every day the townspeople cast water upon the flaming head and upon the Maidens.
After one year, the fire had gone.
Since then, to console the spirits of the Maidens who saved the town, they have celebrated the Water-Casting Festival.

Well, obviously there is this giant skeleton in the bottom of the river from the ep 1 and the spider is Tank-kun (they even show Tank-kun when they talk about spider)... And it looks like we got "fairly definitive" (read: we still don't know wtf was/is going on but at least we know there indeed was some sort of "demon" instead of whole story being some wonky metaphor for nuclear warfare) answer to this question in ep 7. There was war against "them" that was end of the world as we know it.

The "zombie soldier" from Ep 7 had scribbled this to wall in Japanese (obviously Filicia couldn't read it) before dying:

To Ryoko and Kazuma:
Sorry, but your daddy lost.
I couldn't protect you guys.
It really breaks my heart to
not be able to be be with you guys
in my final moments.
If there is a God in this world
I pray that you guys meet
a peaceful end.

:uhh:

Anyway

immeaditly after this we see reflection (and "flap" sound) of giant wing in windows of apartment building. Followed by gigantic red lazor beam that blows shit up in ENORMOUS explosion. "The demon spit fire, shook the earth, and caused the people suffering" indeed.

Obviously humanity was fucked in war against "them". It looks like they managed to beat them in the end however, albeit not before dealing enough damage to whole planet to kill all sea life and leading world to inevitable, slow death (that is assuming all the talk about world dying out is true but so far there's been no reason to doubt that).

What is far less obvious is that if "Fire Maidens" were girls who lived when "Old World" ended and were responsible for defeating the demon(s). Or whether there was demon left after the war, buried in the ground like Balrog or God Warrior and who woke up and they saved the post-End world from it. In either case this happened long, long ago.''

Then again, ep 11 seems to do it best in other to confuse matters further: according to romans "Demon" was instead Angel of Apocalypse that brought judgement to the world. Whether this is yet another play/expression of show's themes on how a lot of things depend on how we look at them (Kanata vs Rio regarding nature of being lost in ep 10, for example) and we won't get answer ever whether "bird" is demon or angel or whether the story we've been told so far is utterly wrong and "bird" was a good guy in the end I cannot say. In either case it's smart and awesome move from Yoshino's part, starting to question most basic presumptions about the setting just before the big showdown.

Story of "maidens" is apparently different too in Roma. Yumina expresses surprisement when hearing roman version but we don't get to hear it due to Noel freaking out and episode ending. Damnit >_<

Apparently the five girl unit in Seize is purposeful decision: whether this is just another tradition honouring Fire Maidens who supposedly saved the world or whether there's something more sinister behind the "Fortress Maidens" (sacrifice in case of demon re-emerging?) is not known.

As for Tank-kun (if you wonder how it falls in this whole picture) "his" name Takemikaduchi is crucial clue.

God Izanagi kills other god/demon Kagutsuchi out of grief. Takemikaduchi is born from blood on Izanagi's sword. So basically Kagutsuchi is beheaded demon. This doesn't remind us of anything, of course... Most fitting name for possible killer of a revived demon, this Takemikaduchi ;) (Yoshino's hardon for shinto mythology is quite funny)

These are all the facts we have currently avalaible on Bird, plot speculah follows later but for now I want to get to the meat of this.

2: Fire Maidens, Rio and Ilya - symbolic level

When I first saw episode 1 I immeaditly noticed uncanny similarity in appereances of Rio and "Statue de La Servante du Feu". Filicia even pointed this one out in her usual manner, after conning Rio into playing the part of Fire Maiden in this year's festival: "Looks like I was right in leaving it to her".

At this point of course I could not be sure whether there was going to be any sort of plot or not or whether the legend would play any crucial part in the story (however the mysterious skeleton made me suspect it wouldn't be simple SoL...and I was right) but while watching the scene I thought that if this was going to have plot it would in some way end up mimicking the legend with our girls as the new "Fire Maidens".

Since the whole sequence was so Riocentric - she was the one who played parts of the rite, even collapsed once as if she had been killed - I figured that if Yoshino was going to build parallels between past and present they'd focus most heavily on Rio. Add to her "dying" in the play that she was the mentor figure the likelihood of Rio leaving the group or dying jumped even higher - in some way she was going to die/sacrifice herself by her duty.

Rio left in ep 10, for her destiny - episode that not by chance featured similar sequence.

One thing that interested me in the festivities was the eastern look of the ceremonial clothes - despite oriental elements in SnW even the "mikonun" dresses in western way. And then we end up having Orthodox Roman Empire with its occasionally arabic feel...

But more than that:

...why is she caged?

This was what intrigued me most. Now in retrospect - knowing Rio's heritage and past - it seems obvious. Ep 10 also makes it clear the Maiden statue represented Ilya just as much it represents Rio - indeed it could be argued that Maiden is now associated most with Rio because Ilya is no more here. She inherited her unpleasant - to say the least - duty.

Ilya was going to become third wife of the Roman emperor in order to ensure peace between the countries. It looks like the Roman Empire - propably "revived" Holy Roman Empire instead of the original italian one, albeit it seems to have enough eastern influences in it to be actually based on Byzantine too - is pretty much the local superpower. At least they have upper hand in peace negotiations, meaning they have more power. Clues are following

a) the name alone. "Orthodox Roman Empire" creates automatic associations with Rome, the undisputed superpower of its era. This alone isn't very strong but
b) romans have american weaponry & vehicles circa 1943. The catch here is the obvious comparison one is going to make: Rome vs Helvetia = USA vs Germany. We know how huge U.S's material superiority was in WWII.
c) The warfare in ep 7 was in Vingt area which is pretty much the very opposite side of Helvetia from where Seize is located. Yet in ep 11 Rome launches attack from entirely another side. This implies Rome is - at least geographically even if manpower was lacking, there doesn't seem to be much people left in the world anyway - much larger country than Helvetia.
d) most important clue however is without doubt the last one. Phone conversation in ep 8 between Rio and his father, Archduke Arkadia:

"Save" Helvetia? It's obvious peace talks are not going well and it looks like her father now needs his illegitimate daughter in order to secure safety of his country. Now if Rome and Helvetia had about equal military power it would mean war would begin again which of course would be terrible but it really wouldn't mean end of Helvetia would it? The tone in here seems to mean that Helvatia fought long and hard enough to get Rome to negotiations table, but they're spent force. Or at least they're in some way underdog in case war would erupt. Maybe this was the reason why Hopkins used Noel to restore terrifying techniques of the old age in order to win in Vingt?

In any case it's time and time again brought up that if Ilya was alive things would be different:

Ilya was going to marry emperor of the holy city of Rome (lol asshole kingpope, is this Dragonlance all over again?) and become his 3rd wife - an obvious political marriage in order to help relationships and secure peace. Essentially she'd been hostage. Ilya - ever the amazing fucking grace - was going to selflessly do this for her people's sake but then she just had to go and drown two years ago.

Afterwards war erupted and ended only 6 months before ep 1.

Her fate to which she was bound was to be sacrificed for Helvetia's sake. This Maiden/Ilya connection is made clear in ep 10 still montage. It used the same music (instrumental music) as allusion to the festival in episode 1 and they're pretty much sister scenes anyway (in ep 1 Kanata gets lost during this scene, in ep 10 they talk about "being lost" at the end). They both even started with very same shots:

During their walk Rio starts to talk about her past and Ilya: "I grew up in a small village near the capital, with pretty lakes and forests. I lived there with my mom. It was boring. Nothing ever happened.

My one comfort was my sister, who loved me very much. She was only my half-sister, but she would come and play with me sometimes. I always looked up to her. She was beautiful and kind. And she accepted her fate with pride. I learned the trumpet from her. But she was too kind... And that became her undoing."

WHAT she looks at during these latter words is important enough to warrant bigger pics because I want to establish this point clearly:

Ilya = Maiden unity is now established alongside earlier (and more obviously established) Rio/Maiden unity as strongly as possible without literally spelling it out.

In any case Rio has now inherited Ilya's position as saviour of Helvetia. She's not too happy with this though and runs away from his estranged father. But she can't get outside the cage no matter how far she goes. Even in Seize her memories, the bell and of course the mail keeps her tightly binded to her past and situation.

(gorgeous art is gorgeous)

It's not known yet what Rio exactly has to do, albeit marriage replacement would be fairly safe bet. But I'm not absolutely sure about this, unlike 95% of viewers seem to be.

Since Orthodox Roman Empire seems to have slight eastern influence Rio's festival clothing can be seen as hint about nature of her duty. This however is extremely sketchy.

This part of the play can be interprepted in couple of different ways too and we have no way of knowing what's the correct one before finale is over. The dying maiden may symbolize Ilya's demise, Rio's "demise"/acceptance of her faith/leaving 1121st, death of one of our girls (most propably Noel, it's extremely ambiguous if Aisha or Noel was shot in end of ep 11) or simply point where heroines are beaten (after all Rio represents all maidens in that play) before rising again and defeating the enemy ("But the maidens lost no heart.").

Summary: there is more than one level of meaning to the Legend of the Fire Maidens: on literal level it is mythical retelling of real historical events that are still largerly hazy, but more than that it is used to symbolize and foreshadow character arcs, events etc. of the coming show. The festival play manages to symbolically "condense" Rio's life and situation during first 10 eps of show to single scene. That's awesome.

What we're watching in SnW is new version of the that same old play, this time playing out in the "real world" - we of course don't yet know how it will end (if it goes the way of the original myth our main cast is good as dead, but I doubt that'll happen) or all the details. But according to director the myth is going to play big role in finale - in one way or another.

Why I brought this all up? For sake of finale speculah!

We must recognize that "modern replay of the ancient story" does not need to happen on LITERAL level (albeit that's entirely possible) but it can happen on purely symbolical level too - they will not literally fight against "demon" in final episode but against "symbolic" demon.

In fact it may end with both levels happening...one never knows. Especially if there'll be second season this'll become damn likely.

So, now that is over I'll turn over to finale speculation. I'm focusing on more allegorical/symbolical replay of events of legend instead of the literal approach (but as I said it's just as likely it'll happen. Or they both happen. They've played their cards very well because no one can say what'll happen in the finale, despite all the clues being there...)

Legend of the Fire Maidens and Finale SPECULAH  SPOILER: Show
For starters, here's ep 12 spoilers from tv tokyo program guide:

Last TV episode: Kanata commits treason and whether or not they go to war depends on the rest of the 1121st's decision.

If you've read the ep 10 chart you'll see one "symbolic" interprepation of how legend will be related to ending. Personally I don't subscribe to it apart from the possibility that Rio may indeed prove to be emperor's downfall. He is however far too distant figure to be the demon IMO, too removed from the events: more than that most of the legend seembs to be hard if not impossible to fit in this interprepation - for example the demon taking all the fortress maidens is said clearly. Only Rio is out of Seize and we have no idea what she is doing. The "she's marrying teh popeking" is just theory in the end, after all.

However I've developed my own take on the "symbolic usage of Legend in finale" that may or may not be accompanied by literal "BOO DEMON IS BACK" event. Let's recount the legend again:

A long time ago, long before the world turned out this way a winged demon lived at the bottom of this town's valley.

ancient history/no idea

The demon spit fire, shook the earth, and caused the people suffering

ancient history/no idea

Finally, it carried off the Maidens that lived in the fortress, and held them in an underground labyrinth.

RELEVANT

RELEVANT

Calling on each other with golden horns, granted to them by an angel, they escaped the labyrinth.

RELEVANT

With the aid of a giant spider, they defeated the demon and took its head

RELEVANT

Rest: No idea. It all depends on how the final ep will play out.

Let's identify the cast and places!

Demon
Colonel Hopkins

Hopkins is already established as ruthless, devilish bastard, heck he even "broght back weapons from the old age" (not knowing what all this means even "The demon spit fire, shook the earth, and caused the people suffering" might be relevant, albeit I guess it's all chemical warfare).Him being the "demon" this time around makes a lot sense. In fact they even indirectly name drop it:

Angel

Ilya the amazing fucking grace Arkadia is the Angel, of course:

"Calling on each other with golden horns, granted to them by an angel, they escaped the labyrinth."

I can already imagine glorious return of Rio and how Kanata's trumpetah is suddenly answered by that familiar melody...and sound shall fill the air ;___;

Labyrinth

Labyrinth is the city of Seize itself. Let's go back to ep 10 "fire maiden legend revisited" scene. Rio's wording is awfully appropriate for a scene paralleling the one from first ep:'

With the aid of a giant spider, they defeated the demon and took its head

Tank-kun of course is the "giant spider".

Remember that Kanata is going to betray Helvetia and rest of the 1121st Platoon shall follow with 99% likelihood. This would mean the "demon" Hopkins would transform from major asshole into outright enemy to be defeated.

So here's partial forecast how final episode may play out:

Situation in end of ep 11 (goddamn cliffhangers!) :

- really bad. Seize is full with Hopkins's troops and he has assumed full control over 1121st platoon and the Clockwork Tower.
- Romans are attacking oh shi (but why?)
- Episode ends with soldiers finding Noel and Aisha. One of them raises his rifle and then shot is heard(cue AIJOUYUJOU). Most logical assumption is that soldier shot someone, but of course we don't know even that for sure (screen goes black and all, it could've happened elsewhere too).

It's likely that either Noel or Aisha was wounded/killed. If they shot Aisha she's propably dead, she's played her part. If Noel took the shot trying to protect Aisha she's propably just wounded.

Whatever exactly is going to happen 1121st Platoon is in deep shit. I guess Filicia is going to bear the responsibility but I can foresee Hopkins arresting them all for treason and sheltering an enemy soldier - it's obvious consequences won't be good and girls are going to be locked up/captured in one way or another.

Modern day equivalent for the underground labyrinth = Seize or specific part of it

Well, d'oh. Heroes won't give up at the very last minute (you hear me, Shinji?)! Like Rio stood up in the play after "collapsing" and slew the monster so shall our team steal Tank-kun and break free. Kanata WILL defect and really, we just know rest will do so too. IOW they must escape Seize if they hope to manage stop the war before it begins (who wants to bet Amazing Grace will be used in some way?)

This will happen no matter what are other elements of interprepting the "demon legend". Real demon/angel comes? Play Amazing Grace! Enemy army attacking? Play Amazing Grace! et cetera et cetera

Whether they communicate with "golden horns" with Romans, or Rio, or them both or someone else...or maybe Rio is with Romans? Well, details are blurry, especially since we don't know Roman version of legend just yet. In any case this will happen.

Who wants to bet cover of OST will have some resemblance to final scene of the show? Kanata, standing on broken Takemikaduchi playing Amazing Grace, "the sound of blue skies shall echo on forever bla bla bla", cue ending credits (AIJOU YUJOU if they feel like trolling...)

With the aid of a giant spider, they defeated the demon and took its head.

Let's face it: Hopkins has it coming.

How rest of the crap plays out I have no idea - I've run out of SPECULAH power.

...now after this I do feel like I must mention I still see resurrection/attemption of resurrection/whatever of "Bird" at least just as likely option as this.

But in case that doesn't happen I think the Hopkins/Demon theory is by far most propable way Yoshino is going to do the Fire Maiden legend again.

Actually I'd put money on both happening - they already used the Maiden statue/theme both "literally" and figuratively for Rio and Ilya.

Yoshino being the trollish bastard he is might pull something like that.

Okay, that's that. There's one "what the fuck" thing that's been surprisingly low profile in /a/ talks lately.

edit: but I can't post it due to retarded "NO DOUBLES POSTS FOR U LOL" rule. :facepalm: :facepalm:

edit2: hoping for some bro pulling a spam post or something between so I can post rest

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 am

brofist.jpg to the rescue.

CONTINUE
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:31 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:brofist.jpg to the rescue.

CONTINUE

Thanks man! :thumbsup:

This is considerably shorter, just me going WTF is up with Shuko and those weird feathers (if anything is going on that is)

Part 2

Mystery feathers and what the fuck is up with Shuko  SPOILER: Show
Okay, seriously, what the fuck is up with this bird anyway?

He (she?) is creepy and mysterious whenever he isn't comical - which is about half of the time he is on the screen. Aloof, observing with creepy stare...

I DON'T TRUST AT ALL BIRD WHO IS CONSTANTLY FRAMED LIKE THAT IN THESE KIND OF SITUATIONS. Bloody suspicious critter... (in b4 Shuko turns out to be spirit of the bird skeleton lacking head... or something like that :tongue: )

In any case by far most suspicious thing Shuko ever did is from ep 1. She (yeah now I feel like he's she, shut up...) stole Rio's bell but apparently hanged around Kanata with it, eventually leading her out of the city...and straight above anciet flooded staircase leading to skeleton of the bird. Not only that, then she disappeared, leaving the bell on a very, very specific spot... Please also note first appereance of DAT FEATHER

Really, not at all suspicious...

We might actually have after ep 10 clear "natural" motive for stealing the bell: in picture we see Shuko being very close with the ever lovable Ilya. She propably recognized the bell.

But even if this explained the stealing thing (which is just speculah anyway) it's still deeply suspicious she'd take bell there... and leave it on that spot, RIGHT ABOVE THE GIANT BIRD.

Because of this move by Shuko Kanata falls to the water and sees the fossil.

awfully suspicious Shuko is awfully suspicious.

What's even more mindfucky is that this was NOT last time we'd see mysterious floating feathers - and later on they come from OUT OF NOWHERE.

Now either they're symbolical (of what I have no idea) or something very suspicious has been going in background of eps 10 & 11.

I'm of course talking about the disappearance of Jacotte in ep 10.

Pretty much everyone thought she died in ep 10 - but ep 11 revealed her body was never found. And the footprints just stop, in middle of nowhere. Even presuming snowfall covered following foot steps (pretty ludicruous ideasince they end so "clear cut")she really couldn't have made it far in that area. Her body should've been visible/easily foundable. But she just disappeared. Suffice to say disappearance itself is weird - as is such quite healthy and keenminded old lady suddenly having random deathbed visionesque...visions :P Oh, and there's those goddamn FEATHERS here too

okay screen starts to go white nothing weird he-WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE

These feathers are weird as hell. There's no connection to any other element - hell, they come AFTER the main vision "ends".

But it didn't end here...

tracks just stop. Right there. wtf

Well, this is weird but somewhat understandable, maybe there was this really really specific snowfall...but old woman like that shouldn't be able to get very far!

Anyway:

...and here they come again:

....uhh, yeah. What the hell is going on here?

And as I said her body was never found:

in words of John Lennon, strange days indeed...

So, there's dem feathers and Shuko. What - if anything - is going on with them just baffles me.

Whew, now that all is out of the way...

Real ending of SnW:

...at least I can hope so, it would be hilarious :lol:

Whew, finally finished writing this shit...

I will stay hell away from /a/ (and here too, maybe) on monday - I'm not raping finale watching experience with KeyHole shit. 7 eps is enough. I'll wait for proper release...

ps. soundtrack is out on wednesday :)

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 am

In complete agreement with SPECULAH spoiler and especially Rio/Ilya symbolism. A couple of teh theories left me scrathing my head, mostly because I dismissed some of that imagery as lolD33p, which is something that I think I am doing way too often.

Anyway, awesome shit nonetheless.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:In complete agreement with SPECULAH spoiler and especially Rio/Ilya symbolism. A couple of teh theories left me scrathing my head, mostly because I dismissed some of that imagery as lolD33p, which is something that I think I am doing way too often.

Anyway, awesome shit nonetheless.

shit, I just went to pwq subs site and what's this, Amazing Grace? ;_____;

On the other hand I'm happy that we've reached finale, on the other hand I really do not want this series to end yet...

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Image

And fanboys gonna fap regardless.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Episode 12 is awesome. o.O
I won't spoil, but... Tak-kun is so cool. I want a 2nd season. ^_^
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:54 pm

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:And fanboys gonna fap regardless.

Rio's tits may be bitchin but I'd never fap to SnW :(

View Original PostNatsuka_Chie wrote:Episode 12 is awesome. o.O
I won't spoil, but... Tak-kun is so cool. I want a 2nd season. ^_^

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

this wait is torment... >_<

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Xard wrote:Rio's tits be bitchin

This will probably be the logic used at when the Writers are pitching 2nd SnW season to the TV Execs.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:59 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:This will probably be the logic used at when the Writers are pitching 2nd SnW season to the TV Execs.

this tactic however might have opposite consequences if TV execs happened to be femmes. They might react like poor Kanata

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Xard wrote:this tactic however might have opposite consequences if TV execs happened to be femmes. They might react like poor Kanata

Assuming there isn't a glass ceiling like in the rest of white collar Japan.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

GAHHH here I have 480p crunchyroll rip in my hands... to watch now or to wait for HD GAHHH CAN'T DECIDE

View Original Postran1 wrote:Assuming there isn't a glass ceiling like in the rest of white collar Japan.

heh, hypothetical situation is hypothetical

Ahh who am I kidding? FINALE HERE I COME FUCK YEAH

Return to “Anime and Manga”