Postby LeoXiao » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 am

This list has no hope...

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 am

This list is a mixed bag. Some I agree with completely, others...not so much.

I think the only one I would have on my top ten worst of the decade would be moetan. While I don't care for some of the other things on the list such as naruto which is overated and mediocre, there's a lot of bad stuff out there which is far worse then most of the things that was listed here. Except for moetan...that show was horrible even for a dork fantasy moe anime which says a lot. I mean seriously what the fuck is with all these otaku who want to bang little girls? WHY????? WHHHHHYYYYY???
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:46 am

You know, aside from Azumanga Daioh and Black Lagoon, I agree with this list wholeheartedly.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:25 am

Even if you were trolling i agree with what you said about Black Lagoon and from what i remember reading everything else you wrote about out of what i've seen, except Azumanga, i liked Azumanga

EDIT: I like rebuild too :tongue:
I have no signature!

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:27 am

I do have to say Brik brought up some points on Oshii I've never thought of before.
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 am

BrikHaus wrote:Sky Girls -- An entire episode based on trying to find a lost pencil?
Did you mean "An entire episode based on trying to find the owner of a lost DD-cup bra?"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:00 am

ZapX wrote:Good job Brik. You show us, once again, why you're the best at what you do.

Brik is the Chris Jericho of EGF. [/compliment]

Nice list. Comments on Death Note= 100% agreed.

Could this Moeblob hatred be a phobia of sorts? Research.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Did you mean "An entire episode based on trying to find the owner of a lost DD-cup bra?"

And if you're going to hate on a show because of something like this, then why didn't Strike Witches make the list?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:34 am

CorporalChaos wrote:why didn't Strike Witches make the list?
Because the only similar episode in Strike Witches was a clever and deeply researched parody of the incident where Erich Hartmann was going to receive a medal from Hitler, and managed to pick up the Fuehrer's hat by mistake while drunk.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Bitches be trolled yet again. :lol:
That list does look like we're being trolled once again, yes.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Though what's sad is people do have to think Rebuild sucks without waiting for the series to be finished yet.
Yeah, we can wait to see whether it gets out of the hole that 2.0 dug for it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:I still have Angel's Egg on my PC and I would really like to find a way to watch it on my home theater instead of on my crappy PC.
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=30

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Lucky Star also has (perhaps deliberately) the most mind-grating opening song of any anime, movie, cartoon, book, or operating system of all time.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 pm

In the thread "Japanator Top 50 Animus of the Decade," I said:

BrikHaus wrote:I hope to troll and enrage everyone when I make my shittiest anime of the decade list.

Next I posted my 20 shittiest anime of the decade list, and:

Everyone wrote:BAWWWWWW!!!!!

Mission accomplished.

Mr. Tines wrote:Did you mean "An entire episode based on trying to find the owner of a lost DD-cup bra?"

Yeah, that's what I meant. All the lame storylines from these moe shows seem to blur together.

Guyver Spawn wrote:I disagree with the list and most of them I have not seen.

Then how can you disagree with the list?

DevRei17 wrote:Oh and Brik, Osuka's coming after you in your sleep tonight.

I'll watch out.

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Brik, you hurt my feelings by putting K-On in the list.

You mentioned in the top 50 animu thread how you hoped I wouldn't attack K-On. So, you sort of set yourself up for that one.

Jimbo wrote:Trolls don't necessarily have to be dishonest and I think Brik genuinely hates Oshii

I was not at all dishonest. Everything I said is the truth. And yeah, I genuinely hate Oshii, but I have yet to see everything he's directed.

Jimbo wrote:stick with witty and humorous satire and criticism because when you really try to play the role of the critical analyst YOU FAIL HARD.

When have I ever tried to play the role of critical analyst on Awesomely Shitty? I just call 'em as I see 'em. Someone has to call out these anime for being pieces of shit.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 pm

This would have been a better list if 75% of it was not just meaningless trolling and "THIS ANIME IS SHIT!"

I do agree with him on the second half of Death Note though.

Also insulting Azumanga Daioh will land you in a hell filled with orange cats that torment you for all eternity

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Agreed with all your points except .hack//Sign, but that's okay since it's not everyone's cup of tea. However, there's a lot of worse shit than Death Note. Want an anime with a promising first half that blows up in the ending? Try fucking SOUL EATER. ...or Original Fullmetal Alchemist. (oh lord, the movie's so bad...why...WHY, BONES?)

Although, I somewhat doubt your credibility because you gave Conquerer of Shambala a 10 on MAL.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 pm

Then how can you disagree with the list?

I disargee with Rebuild, .hack//Sign, Black Lagoon, and Blue Gender though. I was not crazy about Rahxephon, and I can see why people did not like it.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 pm

However, there's a lot of worse shit than Death Note. Want an anime with a promising first half that blows up in the ending? Try fucking SOUL EATER. ...or Original Fullmetal Alchemist. (oh lord, the movie's so bad...why...WHY, BONES?)

Watch the gantz anime, it's second half blows more then all of those even though the first half was good.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Ooh that looks tasty! Thanks for the link...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 am

This is the reason why I stick to the late eighties and early nineties Oriental Video Animations.

PS.

Why isn't Code Geass there?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 am

Allemann wrote:This is the reason why I stick to the late eighties and early nineties Oriental Video Animations.

An unproportionally large number of 80's and 90's "Original Video Animations" were amongst the worst anime I've ever seen. Angel Cop, MD Geist, Judge, Virgin Fleet, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Apocalypse Zero, Guyver, Blood Reign, Demon City Shinjuku, TO-Y, Psycho Diver, Dragoon, Princess Rouge, Hanappe Bazooka, Wizardry, Madara, Earthian, Campus Special Investigator Hikaruon, Call me tonight, Iczer One, etc.

EDIT: Oh, you can't forget Psychic Wars

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 am

Why is Cluster Edge not on the list??
The only excuse I can think of (other than sheer deliberate trolling being the driving force behind your choices, of course) is, perhaps you have missed this 'gem'... I can't really blame you, since I couldn't bring myself to finish it, but still...

Also, I find your lack of Gakuen Heaven disturbing. :vader:
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Return to “Anime and Manga”