•      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:27 am

Wiktionary wrote:"Evil"
Adjective:
1. Intending to harm; malevolent.
2. Morally corrupt.
3. (of a smell) Unpleasant.
Noun:
1. The forces/behaviors that are the opposite or enemy of good. Evil generally seeks own benefit at the expense of others and is based on general malevolence.

Based off this criteria, I'd say "Elf and Weed"'s Lucy is the best candidate:
Image and to fulfill the adjective's 3rd point: Image
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

chazthesilencer wrote:Based off this criteria, I'd say "Elf and Weed"'s Lucy is the best candidate:
Lucy is rather more essentially innocent than, say, the goth-loli twins from Black Lagoon S2. Lucy does what she does in a rather liberal form of self-defense, rather than for the lulz and the money.

And I'd rate a fair chunk of the cast of Baccano! as worse than any of the above.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 pm

To everyone who just talked shit about Light Yagami...

*scribbles in the Death Note*

You now have 40 seconds left to live.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:44 pm

BrikHaus wrote:To everyone who just talked shit about Light Yagami...

*scribbles in the Death Note*

You now have 40 seconds left to live.

but you don't know our names...or faces (well at least most of us) :)

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Just for everyone trying to argue that light is the most evil, this is impossible going by statements from deathnotes creator.

According to deathnotes creator, the most evil person in deathnote was that mafia boss mello teamed up with. Yeah that's right, the most evil person in deathnote is someone who you pretty much end up forgetting about once he dies.

Therefore it is impossible that light is the most evil anime character ever since he is not the most evil person in that series.

Anyway Freind from 20th century boy was also pretty evil, though I wouldnt be sure about him being hte most evil. But he did almost destroy the world just because he felt like bringing a childs game to a much bigger playing field.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

cogitoergosum
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:56 pm

I'll have to go with Tenzen from Basilisk. He is sadistic and will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if he has to rape Oboro, the female lead in Basilisk, which he attempts at least twice throughout the series. He also gets my vote because of that demon thingamajig that lives inside of him which makes him immortal and gives him the ability to regenerate many part of his body.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietzsche-

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:25 am

You should probably slap a spoiler tag on this. Not everyone has seen Basilisk yet.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:51 am

It's me.
I'm the most evil anime character.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Char Aznable's career traces a rather curiously variable arc: worthy adversary in MSG, unexpected ally in Zeta, and (as relates to this topic) execrable villain in CCA.
SPOILER: Show
Leaving aside the whole 'Let's render the Earth uninhabitable by crashing a huge asteroid into it, so that everyone will have no choice but to migrate into space' business, I can't remember being so utterly appalled by anything I've seen go down in any Gundam series as I was by what happens with Char and Quess. The creep seduces a 13yo child, and then exploits her feelings ("Hey little girl, wanna pilot a giant robot for me?"), whereupon, to absolutely no one's surprise, she gets herself KIA (as in blown to bits). Boy did that all leave me with an 'Ugh, wtf' feeling...

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Definitely Team Rocket. Evey single one of them. They've been evil since I first played Blue Version when I was eight. And they bother Ash Ketchum. They're so mean.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Who else but the gecko ninjas? :toothy:

But in all seriousness the only villains I recognize in the topic are Amon, Dilandou, Butcher, and Light (the last of which I haven't seen his series). I'm disappointed no one mentioned the Campbellians from Combattler V, for saturday morning level villains they were pretty cruel with their means of torture, converting other life forms into bioweapons, killing said creatures' offspring, most of them lacking honor, use of hostages, and even experimenting or killing their own kind. Another candidate would be the Zeravire from Gravion, simply because they wish to destroy all life in the universe (inspiration for the Grox from Spore?) and like the Borg anything that doesn't destroy them entirely they will only adapt to. Truly, resistance is futile. :borg:

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm

chazthesilencer wrote:Based off this criteria, I'd say "Elf and Weed"'s Lucy is the best candidate:
Leave Lucy alone. Guess you haven't seen the end of the series or something...

My vote is for Gauron from Full Metal Panic. The hospital bed scene form TSR was just evil in its purest form. "I should have brought pictures of the mangled body! The look on your face would have been priceless!" :scared:
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Gauron had a lot going for him but he was too flat of a character to be considered "the greatest evil." Instead of making him a REAL badass, they just had him "die" a bunch of times.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:55 pm

The real evilest character is Hamtaro. I have never seen any other character that causes people in real life to rage in a homicidal manner. :)
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:23 pm

I know this may be a little too soon for a second post, but I'm also going to throw in the One Hundred Demon Empire from Getter Robo G. I mean really they're cruel: blowing up their own soldiers, converting other people to their side against their will (some of them being very close to the Getter Team) and rarely escape death, blowing up convert animals when one of them was a parent, poisoning rivers, setting forest fires, leaving their soldiers to slowly die as thier life force drains, lie about giving money, and even killing little children of their own species. I apologize if this sounds fanboyish, but to say the least these guys are hardcore villains and I pretty much rank them among the Campbellians tied for number 1 as the most evil anime characters out there.

And as AVman9 and LeoXiao have mention Gauron from Full Metal Panic is also a good candidate, how did I forget him?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

To say Friend from Naoku Urasawa's (Monster) 20th Century Boys is one of greatest villains of all time is understatement of the century (pun not intended)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Too bad there's no 20th/21st Century Boys anime. There's always that live action movie trilogy (which is pretty awesome).

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:The real evilest character is Hamtaro. I have never seen any other character that causes people in real life to rage in a homicidal manner. :)

Iron rooster speaks the truth!

Though as Xard said Freind is also pretty evil, also one of the few otaku villains around.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 pm

So a total of 3 people care about 20th CB. Thats great.

GET HYPE FOR 3RD 20TH CB MOVIE

You'll have to specify which friend is more evil
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Ornette wrote:Too bad there's no 20th/21st Century Boys anime.

Yeah :(

Madhouse should've made adaptation of it.

Come to think of it, wouldn't Satoshi Kon be absolutely perfect director?

Ornette wrote:There's always that live action movie trilogy (which is pretty awesome).

I've read good reviews of first film and trailers look surprisingly promising (especially trailer of 3rd film looks sweet). How are they? I'm not expecting them to be even remotely as balls on the wall insanely brilliant as manga was but they still could be very good films.

off-topic: Kanna is just awesome.

Tokpile Quohog wrote:
You'll have to specify which friend is more evil

and how the hell I'm supposed to do that? :lol:

In a way "Friend" was pretty much legacy character but I guess 2nd Friend was "more evil" on basis he had no problems getting rid off Kanna, unlike first Friend. Otherwise their aims & plots were pretty much same.

Return to “Anime and Manga”