[/size]

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... GlHXvoB.01

Berserk is back baby! New chapter in 12 days and apparently its going to go back to monthly publication! Mr. Miura's Wild Boat Ride might actually have an end!
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 am

So he either finally figured out how he wanted to end it or hes just dicking us around. Lets hope for the former

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Gonna read the manga eventually, can't wait to see the Berserk Armor in the new movies coming out.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Berserk

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 am

One of the things I was worried about with the new show was it might not be as violent as in the 90's..... after the first episode, I'm not too afraid of that possibility anymore. Good start, the CGI is good in most parts, but a little awkward in others, mainly in walking animations it starts to look rigid. The cel shade style is decent/cool, and good ol Sagisu seems to be doing a good job on OST. Welcome back Berserk!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:22 am

Well it actually looks WORSE than I was expecting, also the soundtrack sucks, i'm not saying that for nostalgia purposes or anything it's just really generic. (still a bit salty about no HAIYAH FORCES i'll admit)
But other than that its........berserk, what else can I say?

Oh also the writing here was a mess.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:53 am

What's weird is the movies got progressively better with animation but the TV show seems to be making the same mistakes as the first movie! Also, yes a TV Berserk with no Susumu Hirasawa alone is going to be awful in comparison. And I'm sorry but the fact this was a sequel to those movies alone is dreadful. This is going to be like eyeshield 21 at this point when I have to tell friends "Yeah there is an anime but just don't watch it." I honestly would've much rather had a well animated series even if it didn't get as far as this one did that started from the beggining to get people hooked on the series! I guess that'll still be 90's TV series.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 pm

I can always count on this place to suck the fun out of anything non-Eva related. :grumpycat:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm sorry! I like Susumu Hirasawa too much I guess ...

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Like the movies, they skipped a lot of stuff and ofc. CG is abysmal and it looks like a PS2 era game.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:49 pm

So two plotholes right from the start, why would the holy iron chain knights even give any shits about Guts if Lost Children didnt happen?
Also how did guts get a behelit if he never killed the count all the way back in black swordsman?

Finally WHY IS CASCA WHITE!?

Taken from r/anime:
This episode is great guys, it allows us to suffer just like guts.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:47 pm

So what it is with Berserk's perpetual inability to secure an adequate animation budget?

The boyfriend thought the first episode was "fine". I'm... well, I didn't have high expectations in the first place, so there was nothing to disappoint, really. I'll keep watching from a sense of morbid curiosity, if nothing else.

No "Lost Children" makes us both sad. Even in cheapo video game graphics, it would've been cool to see Guts getting skewered in midair on a proboscis and still somehow manage to turn the tide of battle in his favor. Along with heaps of charred dead children, of course.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:29 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I can always count on this place to suck the fun out of anything non-Eva related. :grumpycat:

But we suck the fun out of Eva too.

Anyway, this new Berserk isn't looking very good, I was expecting something like Knights of Sidonia but it was considerably worse. I felt like it was trying too hard to be edgy, I know the source material is very extreme but still, I don't remember the original anime being so over the top, it has been a long time since I watched it though.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:34 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I don't remember the original anime being so over the top

Hard to be terribly over the top when your budget is so limited most of the anime's run time is limited to still and panning shots. That rotoscoped stuff in the OP probably comprises around 50% of all the cels animated for the show. :tongue:

Half-truths aside, the original anime was incredibly tame compared to its source material. I assume sponsors are mostly responsible. I base this on absolutely nothing.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:53 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:So two plotholes right from the start, why would the holy iron chain knights even give any shits about Guts if Lost Children didnt happen?
Also how did guts get a behelit if he never killed the count all the way back in black swordsman?

These aren't plotholes, just because they aren't animating them doesn't mean these events didn't happen in the timeline.

All in all I enjoyed the first episode because it's fucking BERSERK. There's definitely room for improvement but I'll still be excited to wake up to a new episode every friday for the next 6 months.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Second episode was definitely an improvement. The animation still irks -- I've seen more expressive PS2 characters -- but this time it overall captured Berserk's spirit and my own nostalgia much better. Got a stack of the manga next to me and was prompted to tell the family that I'll take additional volumes -- past what I've collected -- for my birthday. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:48 am

Guts is the definition of badass.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 am

I am slightly concerned at someone of your age reading Berserk not gonna lie.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I am slightly concerned at someone of your age reading Berserk not gonna lie.

Well
1)Berserk never traumatized me or anything like that and I've seen worse (Human centipede for ex.and I didn't vomit at that once)
2)
SPOILER: Show
I find Asuka's death scene from EOE more disturbing that the whole Berserk series to be honest.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:28 pm

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:2)
SPOILER: Show
I find Asuka's death scene from EOE more disturbing that the whole Berserk series to be honest.

It's one of the more traumatic scenes in media in general, honestly.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Anime and Manga”