Is that a good thing ^__^ I hope it is

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/

comment them!

Evanmontegarde
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evanmontegarde » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Otakon seemed a lot more...crappy...this year, to be blunt. I dunno, maybe it's because I haven't enjoyed any anime since I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi like 1.5 years ago but the panel lineup was pretty bad and the dealer's room was awful. Watching Jin Roh on the big screen was pretty cool though.

The 'Phenomenology of Ikari Shinji' was pretty lame and reminds me not to study philosophy in college. Honestly the '06 Eva panel was the best part of that con and the '07 one was pretty amazing if only because it was 18+, this anime philosophy one didn't compare. I should have read this forum beforehand and looked for Evamonkey and co in the back >_>
O)))

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:39 pm

I wonder if "a guy dressed in a V for Vendetta costume" should have gone
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Is that a good thing ^__^ I hope it is
well, don't ya know that li'l miss SSD-chan (Sailor Star Dust) is the BIGGEST A/S shipper of all time basically, as well as possibly the biggest Shinji-kun fangirl EVAR**, so you should take that as a compliment, and you might need to file a restraining order if she really "likes you-likes you" because she, uh, really gets her motor wound up when she likes-likes something, ask others around here to know what I mean; sorry, I'm [/jk] about this, but srsly she is a REAL fanatic

**you know what, that sounds like the start to an annoying but catch and nifty song, *runs to the decade-old Casio keyboard to compose "Li'l Miss SSD-chan"*, I'll throw in some funneh drops from Eva and SSD's stuff on Re-Take, AND IT SHALL BE A #1 CLASSIC!!!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

zimlord
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby zimlord » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 pm

Evanmontegarde wrote:I dunno, maybe it's because I haven't enjoyed any anime since I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi like 1.5 years ago but the panel lineup was pretty bad and the dealer's room was awful.

There have been loads of great anime (greater than Haruhi, at least) since then. I take it you've just been out of the loop, then? And i thought the dealer's room lived up to my expectations; it was damn good, as usual.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am

Evanmontegarde wrote:Honestly the '06 Eva panel was the best part of that con and the '07 one was pretty amazing if only because it was 18+, this anime philosophy one didn't compare.

Aww, thanks. ^_^

For 2009, I intend to make a huge event out of the Evangelion panel. I'm also planning to broadcast it live via one of the new live video feed systems.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 am

live video feeds installing they are?

what was the '06 panel like? what was talked about specifically?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm

V wrote:what was the '06 panel like? what was talked about specifically?

I want to say that the panel was an hour long, and consisted of my half, news, updates, etc, and then Rachel's half, which was a handful of things that most people would never take the time to figure out. Much of it dealt with naming conventions, Seele, the Angels, and other occultic stuff. Not a bad selection of research. If you ask her nicely, maybe she'll serve up the powerpoint so you can look through it. If I find my powerpoint from my half, I'll serve it up as well.

Evanmontegarde
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evanmontegarde » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 pm

There have been loads of great anime (greater than Haruhi, at least) since then. I take it you've just been out of the loop, then? And i thought the dealer's room lived up to my expectations; it was damn good, as usual.

Eh, I've tried to watch the 'big name' ones (Code Geass, Soul Eater, etc) and none of them seemed any good to me. I finished Gurren Lagann today which was ok. Have any recommendations?

I'm being selfish but if you have an awesome Eva panel next you you should try to get a Saturday spot, cause I'm probably not going Friday or Sunday.
O)))

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Evanmontegarde wrote:I've tried to watch the 'big name' ones (Code Geass, Soul Eater, etc) and none of them seemed any good to me.

Neither of those seemed even good enough to be worth trying.

This year so far fully subbed and worth watching: Kaiba, Hakaba Kitarou, Kurenai, Aria the Origination
Top 3 of last year: Dennou Coil, Mononoke, Seirei no Moribito, with honourable mentions to Blue Drop, Rocket Girls, Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
2006 titles which were fully subbed only post-Haruhi-
Top 4: Simoun, Akagi, Mushishi, Aria the Natural
Honourable mentions: Chevalier d'Eon, Busou Renkin, Hataraki Man
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Kaiba

Ornette orders everyone to watch this.

And Blue Drop, huh? I oughta check that out at some point.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:07 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
V wrote:what was the '06 panel like? what was talked about specifically?

I want to say that the panel was an hour long, and consisted of my half, news, updates, etc, and then Rachel's half, which was a handful of things that most people would never take the time to figure out. Much of it dealt with naming conventions, Seele, the Angels, and other occultic stuff. Not a bad selection of research. If you ask her nicely, maybe she'll serve up the powerpoint so you can look through it. If I find my powerpoint from my half, I'll serve it up as well.

oh that would be really cool, not only for me but for everyone who couldn't be there; please ask her to put up her half as well
Who is "Codename V"?....

zimlord
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby zimlord » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:14 am

okay, i so I figured I'd post some otakon pics, seeing as this is an otakon thread. i have a bunch more still on my camera, this is just some of what I uploaded for the IRC a few days back...

a damn good Yoko:

the Jewish Nabeshin?!?!?!

my friend's Cardbo cosplay. It had lights.

a meeting of the cardbos:

another friend of mine's Geass cosplay. and...is that sum Pootan in the background?

and what would any con be without ridiculous crossover cosplay. I give you Sgt. L. Mad props to this guy.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:13 am

Its Gendo!...wait..It must run in the Ikari blood line!

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/art/Ikar ... P-94938154

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Zimlord: You must upload that picture of Smutman! For great justice!

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:49 am

You'd definately make a better Touji, but good job regardless, one of the best (male) plug suits I've ever seen.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Hal: @_@ lolwut?

I love that Asuka/Shinji cosplay pic though; it's cute. ^_^

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:12 am

I don't wanna be them..I like Ikari..Thank you for the nice comments.

I'm still finding pictures so I'll have to edit and upload for you guys very soon.

StrawHatterAlice
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby StrawHatterAlice » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:39 pm

That impromptu Eva photoshoot was really fun! xD

Thanks for letting me take pictures with you guys! ^^

but omg I need to not cosplay that anymore... it is so unflattering xD

It might look better now... I cut bangs into my hair :P

//Schoolgirl!Asuka xD

I *might* have some pics... would you like me to see if I have any different ones?

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 pm

I very much would like you to, contact me soon <3

I uploaded a few more images
http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/

And a really quick video of me meeting one of the Asukas...Man I look so stupid..

-youtube has to process-

- wave wave -

Return to “Anime and Manga”