All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm

I never knew KLK was what was missing in my life. But now I do. What a great show! Loved the last episode which was just nuts. A bit disappointed that apparently all women in the future have lost their nipples & genitalia but great final episode nonetheless!

All I can say now is...

Encore-u! Encore-U! ENCORE-U!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Get ready for the OVA. ;)
Skype Nuke's Musings  SPOILER: Show
[3/27/14, 21:52:27] Nuke-kun: GAMAGOORI
[3/27/14, 21:52:29] Nuke-kun: WHITE SUIT
[3/27/14, 21:52:30] Nuke-kun: FLOWERS
[3/27/14, 21:52:38] Nuke-kun: METHINKS I KNOW THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE OVA

Granted, it's a joke. But a man can dream.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: ONCE MORE WITH FEELING

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:03 am

I have to admit, the show was one hell of a ride.

View Original PostFireball wrote:They were asking people to support them by sending pictures with characters that are carrying the Scissor blade to the finish line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPNTAQ5Tz2M

oh my gosh, mine made it in too!

Which one was yours?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 am

Almost forgot to do this.

ANIME = SAVED

WAY: NOT LOST [X]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 am

What did I just watch. Holy mother, this made my week. Trigger is...worse cannot describe it. :exalt:

Damnit FanimeCon, you bastards better bring some good guests since Animazement's getting Trigger and Nobuteru Yuki and as of right now ($$) I won't be there. :headbash:

Ragyo goes WTF?? and I was thinking they can reconcile, but we know where her daughters got their stubbornness from.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:22 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:So ep 24 was basically EoE, end of TGL, Diebuster, DBZ, and kinda Saint Seiya...... I liked it.

Don't you forget Gunbustah

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Which one was yours?

The Quattro one

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:58 am

I was disappointed...

SPOILER: Show
It was all just kinda meh, nothing epic happened, no-one died cept Senketsu and hes just clothes. And there was no awesome DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY moment.

The best bit was when Satsuki was running and screaming to catch Ryuko, she showed some emotion and it was a nice scene.

The rest was lame though.

I'm gunna go back to watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:02 am

^ Not sure if troll. :huh:

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:03 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:no-one died cept Senketsu and hes just clothes.

You are one heartless bastard.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:43 am

Finally getting around watching it with subs.

And for those who remembered that Satsuki shirt someone linked several pages back, I plunged some cash down and ordered one this afternoon.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:45 am

All of my yes, what a great finale

-dat Ultimate Double DTR
- almost cried when I thought Gama was gonna die
- cheered when he was actually alive
-cried like a bitch when Senketsu was kill
- smiled so hard it hurt when Satsuki saved Ryuko
- dat "Nee-san"
- DAT SHORT HAIRED SATSUKI HNNNNNNNGGGG

Also, anyone notice that raggedy scarf Ryuko was wearing? Anyone else think maybe its a scrap of Senketsu? She wasn't wearing that in the original OP...

All in all, 10/10 episode, 11/10 series. I think when I wake up next Thursday and realize there's no KlK episode to look forward to I'm going to die a little inside. Seriously, this show has been one of those things I've looked forward to every week since last October.

And as one final note, something that bugged me just a little, but has no correlation to the show itself: did I just miss it, or did the track from the OST "Light Your Heart Up" not end up being used at any point? Maybe in the OVA?
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:All in all, 10/10 episode, 11/10 series. I think when I wake up next Thursday and realize there's no KlK episode to look forward to I'm going to die a little inside. Seriously, this show has been one of those things I've looked forward to every week since last October.

Same. KlK has been the highlight of my week since it started. It helped me through the dull days, made me happy and kept me positive. I can't thank Trigger enough. They pushed all the right buttons in me.

And as one final note, something that bugged me just a little, but has no correlation to the show itself: did I just miss it, or did the track from the OST "Light Your Heart Up" not end up being used at any point? Maybe in the OVA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbVK_01YDcs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUiMUsXEpMM

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 am

Ah, ok see I totally forgot about those scenes since they're from episodes that aired before the OST was released.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:16 am

Fantastic finale, definitely a great way to end the first quarter of 2014.
9/10

CalicoCat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CalicoCat » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 am

View Original PostCalicoCat wrote:Would also give Trigger the opportunity to parody Madoka (since they've hit almost everything else) with Ryuko and Satsuki having naked space hugs in the inner Ryuko-verse.

OK, so we didn't get naked space hugs, but we did at least get space, and LOTS of naked hugs, so close enough :D

Also, I can imagine the scenes at Trigger HQ:
Imaishi: OK everyone, that's a wrap! Great work!! Take a few days for yourselves over the weekend, but I want to see everyone in at 08:00 sharp on Monday. We've got to put all the nipples in for the BD release!

Mass groaning
Do not throw souls!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:39 am

Liked the end, but was disappointed that the final showdown was between Ryuko and Ragyo; liked the ensemble fight beforehand a lot better. Senketsu's fate seemed arbitrary, and it's not clear to me why Ryuko was still around at the end (she's life fibers too, right?). Ragyo's fate was lame. Loved loved loved the "date". Best part of the ep by far.

Overall, I'm satisfied. Didn't like the filler shit after ep 3 but it was a lot better than it could have been, and didn't really care for the road trip (mostly because of the backgrounds, which seemed rough and boring most of the time). But the first three eps, the rematch w/ the Elite Four and the rematch with Satsuki, and everything after Senketsu was shredded was made of high octane awesome.

And for the love of all that's holy, Trigger, please put nipples on everyone! Naked people without nipples look funny.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:45 am

Well, I've enjoyed it; definitely one of the greats.

But if I was going to criticise, I'd say that they tried just that bit too hard to top TTGL. Visually it's great, and the pacing and excitement; but I found the plot a bit less coherent. Sure, the sweep of it is fine, but the details of what changes to make one battle a win when another is a loss seem to me a bit too much hand-waved. I suppose a second watch might help with that.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:09 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:it's not clear to me why Ryuko was still around at the end (she's life fibers too, right?).

Well, the life fibers were deactivated by the satellite signal that was sent to Earth and she was in space at the time, note that Ragyo was fine as well, despite being part life fibers too. Also, Ryuuko was born a human and then fused with life fibers, so I guess she could go back to being a normal human if the life fibers were removed from her body.
Last edited by A.T. Fish on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:12 am

Sensei said once the life fibers are separated from their energy source (body) they will perish. Life fibers are weaved into Ryuuko, building a symbiosis. She is neither human nor clothing.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:22 am

First, regarding the episode:

THAT GAMA MOMENT OH GOD YES SO BASED BUT THEN I WAS SO WORRIED
BUT THEN THAT CALLBACK TO HIS HERITAGE
ALL THOSE REFERENCES TO OTHER SERIES
"Everything is returning to nothing."
THAT LINE ABOUT SOUCHIRO'S ULTIMATE WEAPON FUCK YES THAT'S WHAT I WANTED
SENKETSU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crybaby:
THAT ENDING
THAT GAMA WITH THE FLOWERS

Fuck man, the feels. It's over, no more KlK thursdays ;_____;

Its hard for me to talk about KlK without talking about TTGL, so with that in mind...

Talking to Merri last week I mentioned that the finale would decide where this show fell on the TTGL scale for me. It's too early for me to really judge considering I've had years to reflect on one and not even an hour to the other, and I typically rate things higher right after they end, but right now I'm feeling they fall smack dab on the same spot for me.

TTGL's overall message resonated with me more, though there were strong hints of it in KlK, and I think I enjoyed the climactic fight in the former too. On the other hand, the cast in KlK definitely blows TTGL out of the water. Like, I can't think of a character in KlK that didn't make me feel strongly one way or another. Even one offs like the early two stars were likable to the point that that their cameos in these last two episodes were #hype. And the main cast, I mean... I can't think of a single show that compares to them, really. Eva maybe, but the Eva cast is strong for an entirely different reason, and I'm not sure they compare on a "likable" scale. I also think that KlK had the stronger individual episodes.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that the best works are ones that excel with what their medium has rather than try to be something else, and Kill la Kill did that. It took the unique nature of animation, combined with the extensive history of the medium and the pedigree of the creators, and just ran with it. It didn't try to be unnecessary drama, it didn't try to be pure action or pure comedy or anything like that. It just took everything and gattai'd it into one Super Anime Kamui Senketsu.

It's rare to watch history in the making unfold first hand. It's even rarer to know that you're watching history unfold first hand. But I'm pretty comfortable saying, even though it will undoubtedly fall from prominence as the seasons wear on, KlK will remain in the public mind for many years to come, ready to be whipped out whenever discussions of the greats of anime come up.

Anything other than a 10/10 would be a lie. Well done Gainax 2.0. You're now 3 for 3, keep up the good work. And give me a GaMako date in the OVA you bastards.

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:no-one died cept Senketsu and hes just clothes

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! No but seriously, I hope you're trolling with that "he's just clothes" remark. That's pretty discriminatory, and I don't find it funny.
Last edited by CJD on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Studio Trigger”