Moderator: Board Staff

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:19 pm

WAIT A MINUTE HE HAS A THONG ON!

SHIT/10 THIS ISN'T WHAT I PAID FOR
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Clearly this will be fixed in the BD release.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Episode 14

Hmmm....It was okay ep, 10/10.

-Giji Shinka, 2014

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:47 pm

I just watched through all the way through Episode 13 over the past weekend. I am in love with this show. Everything about it from the hyper-kinetic action, likable characters, and the way it uses fanservice that anywhere else I would find disgusting and excessive as a great source of comedy. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access episode 14 yet due to not being a Crunchyroll Premium, so I'm left out of your discussion on recent events. I do however, have some ideas and comments on stuff so far.

1.) COVERS and REVOCS are almost definitely the main threat, but perhaps not the main enemy. I see two possible ways the show continues from here in terms of exterior conflict. Either Satsuki's possible insurrection against her mother as implied goes down, thus making Ryuko and Satsuki incidental allies due to both of their enemies at that point being in the Conglomerate. Or, otherwise, while the Conglomerate is the real villain Satsuki becomes a secondary character entirely for the duration of whatever arc involves fighting Kiryuin. This scenario most likely ends in the finale being a final confrontation between the two after the Conglomerate is beaten.

2.) I must disagree with the odd consensus that most of the internet has made and say I hate Nonon. She's a smug idiot who's way too assured of her own importance, and this is never utilized. My opinion might change if she got some development regarding realizing she's not really Satsuki's favorite, but so far that seems unlikely.

3.) Does Junketsu even have a personality? Given the series is through Ryuko's perspective we'll probably never see it but this does open new questions about the nature of the Kamui. Perhaps Senketsu is unique in being allied with people instead of wanting to consume them.

4.) NUI. MUST. DIE.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:00 pm

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:I must disagree with the odd consensus that most of the internet has made and say I hate Nonon. She's a smug idiot who's way too assured of her own importance, and this is never utilized. My opinion might change if she got some development regarding realizing she's not really Satsuki's favorite, but so far that seems unlikely.

But that voice, man, that voice!

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:But that voice, man, that voice!

I guess the voice could be said to be "cute", but I hear it more as grating and smug.

And she has nothing to be smug about.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

I j ust don't get it. She's a non-entity to me, neither wonderful nor malign; just another speed bump on the road of life.

Nui, OTOH . . . I get the hate there. she definitely must die a fiery death at some point.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Please stop hating my Nonon *cries*
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:51 pm

I'd like to say something.

What if it gets weird towards the end?

Something about the seriousness and pseudo-religious-babble hinted at by the scenes with Ragyo, the quieter bits of the soundtrack, and the way Trigger staff have talked about "the turning point" gives me this odd suspicion.

People have already pointed out that you can read the story as a kind of allegory for female sexual awakening, now I have to wonder if it might turn out to be a mind screw drawing in similar theories.

This is just Insane Wild Guessing, I know, but how would we react if it did? What if the "turning point" involves this becoming the new Eva. so to speak?

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 pm

I honestly don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 pm

The deconstrunction of fun :|

nah

longer preview btw

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a04w ... -ver_music
SPOILER: Show
In Osaka, the city ruled by money, the climax of Honnnouji's Tri-City Battlefield Trip is drawing near!
In order to fight the Elite Four of the Student Council, the Naked Warriors finally make their appearance!
And in order to recover the final piece of the destroyed Kamui Senketsu, Ryuuko also dashes forward!
Will Kamui Senketsu be restored at last?!
Awaken, Kamui Senketsu!

SO HYPED
I can't wait

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 am

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote:People have already pointed out that you can read the story as a kind of allegory for female sexual awakening, now I have to wonder if it might turn out to be a mind screw drawing in similar theories.
The PV had people saying things to the effect of it looking like the bastard offspring of FLCL and Utena, so that wouldn't be too out of place.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:01 am

View Original PostEVAfacepalm wrote: 2.) I must disagree with the odd consensus that most of the internet has made and say I hate Nonon. She's a smug idiot who's way too assured of her own importance, and this is never utilized. My opinion might change if she got some development regarding realizing she's not really Satsuki's favorite, but so far that seems unlikely.

EVAfacepalm pls.

Nonon is life, Nonon is love. Honestly, you're going to need to do a lot to redeem yourself from-

4.) NUI. MUST. DIE.

COME TO MY ARMS, MAH BOI
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting on the inevitable fan art involving a wardrobe mix-up of Rei and Asuka with Satsuki and Ryuko, respectively.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 am

Well that was an insanely packed episode!

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:16 am

Gamagori is infatuated with Mako, what the hell! They really did this.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:42 am

This show really likes to withhold the big finish. At this point I'm starting to think Satsuki will be the final boss, if only because of how much they're hyping up Ryuuko finally defeating her. I still assume Satsuki is working against her mother, but if we don't see a climactic "Now, we settle this once and for all" fight after Ragyo's demise I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Well that was an insanely packed episode!

Quite. I'd almost say it suffered for it. Was kind of chaotic, even with the OP cut. I'm also a little confused what they couldn't show in the new OP that they had to delay it. New 3 star uniforms? Nudist Beach mechs?

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Gamagori is infatuated with Mako, what the hell! They really did this.

Gamako is LITERALLY OTP. Where have you been m8?
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 am

I just noticed something : the new 3 stars uniforms default state are the sames as the old ones but with gold trims instead of the old metallic/silver ones right?
And the only time we saw a Goku uniform gold-trimmed before was Mako's Two Stars one back in episode 7.

So maybe that's why it was so powerful : not only Satsuki made Mako fight Ryuko in her plot to get rid of her, but she also took the opportunity to make a field test for a prototype Mark II to gain data which will be used with the data from the King of the Hill battles to create the next generation of Goku uniforms seen in this episode!

Tully Satsuki is a mastermind! :emogendo:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Wow.

Ryuuko was truly based as fuck in this episode.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:29 pm

I think Gamagori is secretly an eva unit because he keeps changing sizes.

Anyway so far I think I like episode 15 best!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Studio Trigger”