Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am

They crammed so much into the episode that it ended up a mess, loved the logical back and forth between the mechs though, except for the final statement (seriously? Chamber deserved better last words). Also, not that I'm a shipper or anything like that, but after all the lovey dovey stuff between Amy and Ledo I expected at least a hug in that final scene.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 am

Well, I loved it. This is definitely one of those series I'd recommend to friends as a quick watch when they're looking for something, and it's easily my dark horse of the season. I really wasn't expecting to like it nearly as much as I did, and I'm surprised that they made me actually enjoy the more slice of life parts of the middle episodes. Considering how much I usually dislike stuff like that it's a big achievement in my book. Plus the climax was everything I could have hoped for, right down to Chamber lecturing Striker on the logic of her actions. Really Chamber just took the whole show now that I think about it. RIP you glorious tin can of brohood.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 am

Ledo and Chamber were so integral I was curious to see how he would function without the latter. And yeah, no overt Amy x Ledo displays of affection was a letdown but given how he realizes how he feels about her quite late, it makes sense.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 am

Never forget the sugitabot :salute:
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:34 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:They crammed so much into the episode that it ended up a mess, loved the logical back and forth between the mechs though, except for the final statement (seriously? Chamber deserved better last words).

Yeah, that was the corniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit

I don't even know why they bother without Chamber.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:41 pm

The story's pretty much finished as is. Meh.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah, no idea where they are planning to go with this. Maybe it could work as a SoL/adventure type of show taking advantage of its setting.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Funnily enough it would then have fairly high chances of being better than s1 because mid-parts were Gargantia's high point.

Then again no Chamber so game's over before it even began.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Time for Pinion to put those skills to some use and repair Chamber.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Bets on when Chamber will come back? No? I know, I know, sucker bet. Should be a fun season, assuming the the basic requisites (i.e. Chamber) are met.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Gargantia was a mess of a series even with Chamber, so I can't imagine how worthwhile more of that show would be without him.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I'll definitely give the first few episodes a try. I'm hoping the fact that they gave you that glimpse of Chamber's "corpse" surrounded by all the infant Hideuaz(?) is foreshadowing to his return.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:12 am

What to anticipate more: what happens to the rest of the people in space vs. the alien squids or Amy x Ledo shenanigans?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Anime and Manga”