Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:What the hell are you doing.

I ordered most of the main series online and they're coming in the mail one by one. So I figured I'd watch them to pass the time until the next one comes in. Char's Counterattack should be in next week.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Quiddity
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Quiddity » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:19 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:G Gundam got mediocre ratings during its initial run, but overall it's one of the top shows in the franchise. I think Xard's addressed this on a number of occasions.

As for Relena, she's a trite caricature, just like every other character in Wing. In any poll with decent sampling I'd expect to see her roundly beat out by the likes of Four Murasame, Emma Sheen, Sayla Mass, hell even Cagalli (or any of the others I mentioned, all very popular when their respective shows aired).

What's really weird is that Diana Sorel and Cecily Fairchild are even on the list. I can't make heads or tails of that.

Diana's a terrific female Gundam character, some would argue the best female Gundam character there is (I won't go that far, but she's definitely in the top 5-10 for me). Doesn't seem weird at all to me.
"Quiddity is the sea. And in it are islands, called the Ephemeris. Three dips in the dream-sea. Any less, and we'd be insane. Any more and we wouldn't be human"

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 am

Lacus is fucking shit. How unfortunate that those Zeon wannabe pilots attended stormtrooper academy and couldn't hit the massive spacecraft she was on. I would have loved to see her get rekt, it would have made Destiny an instant 10/10 for me.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am

Seeing as everyone on this board hates this Larcus girl, I suspect I'm going to love her. Thats usually how these things work lol. :lol: However, I'm only up to Victory atm, so I'm bit off from SEED/Destiny.

So far my rankings would be

1) MSG
2) Chars Counterattack
3) ZZ
4) Z (I'm dead serious about this).

Side note, while I can't rank it until I'm done, I'm liking Victory the most so far.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

NIkkolas
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby NIkkolas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 am

Well....hating Lacus is certainly a common enough opinion but that list and liking Victory the most is anything but common.

So maybe you'll like her.

I personally didn't hate her at first. It was more a simple dislike that turned into roaring enmity as the series went on.

On the other hand, the last ten episodes of SEED are amazing.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:25 am

new cast

Hoshino Fumina

9th grader senpai. A young woman who loves Gundam and Gunpla. Gunpla Battle Club President, as well as previous Tournament entrant. She is busy running around gathering new members.

Kamiki Sekai

Transfer student into Seiho Academy. 8th grade. Expert of "Dimension Haou/King Kenpo" martial art. Found out Gunpla Battling through Hoshino Fumina and thus the fun of it.

Kousaka Yuuma

Same 8th grader. Kousaka China's younger brother. A genuis builder who has won the Artistic Gunpla Contest Gran Prix in the past.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 pm

glad they decided to go with a new cast. I'm super looking forward to this.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 am

So, who is ready for the first 10 min of G Reco to be streamed in two days?

http://www.g-reco.net/news/#8110
It will also include an interview with Tomino and a behind the scenes look.

First 3 episodes will be screened later this month as a "movie" at an event and then the first 3 episodes will be streamed online starting September 8th.

http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/

According to Tomino it will have "multiple couples", and the romance will be "taking cues from korean dramas" with "lots of dramatic turns".

loool this will be such a shippingfest

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/495200089250332672
Build Fighters Try episode 1 has been recorded and a PV is in the works, they'll release the PV some time this month.

also

CHAR'S COUNTERATTACK is now freely available on youtube

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm actually super pumped for this, brand new Gundam! I'm curious to see what a tomino gundam will be like seeing as he hasn't done one since Turn A( not counting the Zeta films).
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I have already accepted the fact that finishing Universal Century is going to be one of those lifelong tasks that I'll conclude God knows when but I guess it's fine to watch this new Gundam without having watched UC first, right? The wikipedia entry does say the timeline for this one is immediately after UC but I figure not much, if anything, will carry over like it did for Unicorn.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:39 pm

They put Char's Counterattack on YouTube?!?

Wow. Guess I'd best hurry up and watch WITP and Zeta (and Stardust Memory of course).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:58 am

I'm very excited too! This will actually be the first Tomino anime I will be able to follow live. I always wondered how it must have been to experience something like Zeta back in the days.

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I have already accepted the fact that finishing Universal Century is going to be one of those lifelong tasks that I'll conclude God knows when but I guess it's fine to watch this new Gundam without having watched UC first, right? The wikipedia entry does say the timeline for this one is immediately after UC but I figure not much, if anything, will carry over like it did for Unicorn.

It's super late U.C., 1000 years apart from 0079. I'd wager there will be references for fans who are familiar with the universe but overall it might as well be A.U.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:CHAR'S COUNTERATTACK is now on freely available on youtube

I wonder now if there going to put the other UC series on youtube as well. Still I would like to see a legal option for X or Turn A. What is the holdup with those titles when just about everything else in the franchise is legally available in some way, shape, or form?

View Original PostFireball wrote:I'm very excited too! This will actually be the first Tomino anime I will be able to follow live. I always wondered how it must have been to experience something like Zeta back in the days.

The only question is whether we are going to get good Tomino or bad/crazy/"kill'em all" Tomino.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x231vov

first 10 min.

this looks so old-schoool

those cheerleaders hnnnnng

View Original Postcyharding wrote:The only question is whether we are going to get good Tomino or bad/crazy/"kill'em all" Tomino.

Whether good or bad, Tomino will always be entertaining to me.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:25 pm

just watched the first 10 mins
should be interesting to see how this plays out

from the ann article
It is the year R.C.1014.
The Capital Tower is an orbital elevator that rose above the Earth's surface and linked Earth and space. As the conduit of the Photon Battery energy source to the surface, it is regarded as sacred.

the part about the tower being sacred, I assume because of the conduit part, reminds me of a couple of Isaac Asimov's works such as the short story Reason from I, Robot or the foundation series were technology becomes a sort of religion
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 pm

I liked what I saw in those 10 ten minutes, even though outside of a few words, I don't understand what they are saying. I do hope gundaminfo will show this.

View Original PostFireball wrote:Whether good or bad, Tomino will always be entertaining to me.

I never thought of it that way. I now remember when my brother and I first saw the final two episodes of Zeta. There were equal amounts of WTF & LOL that night.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:22 am

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:20 pm

there are no words to express the amount of joy I have to see that Ral will be back in season 2.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Didn't Ramba Ral die pretty early on in Gundam? I never remember him saying his "This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!" line- was it exclusive to the series? (I watched the movies).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0a_tAofsH4

It's from the series. I think the dub perpetuated it.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Return to “Anime and Manga”