•      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Randomanon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I was happy to see this and that they have some talented people involved in the production. S;G has been my favorite anime of the last couple seasons.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

You beat me..... HELLS YEA!!! I'll be watching the new episode tonight to see where it leaves off... The video on the cell phone last week seemed to indicate there would be more happening than one episode's worth.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Hmmm. What will they do, I wonder? The final episode seemed to tie things up nicely.

Or is this live-action? An alternate version of the story? Something else?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:01 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a continuity of the last episode. After all it leaves them not knowing what the future holds... I was kinda waiting for a twist at the end of the series :(

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Don't forget there is a lot of sentimental mood in the announcement of the continuation of the Steins;Gate project, because the landmark symbol of SG, the Akihabara Kaikan building will be pulled down soon and the building has already been closed down at the end of July, when SG was still airing.

News Report of the close-down of Akihabara Kaikan back in April
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKfjRv-4uFM
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 pm

I imagine that it's going to be a shortened summary movie. I haven't played the visual novel, due to the whole Japanese issue there, but the show probably covered the story from beginning to end. Or one of its' routes. Or something.

Point being, I doubt they'd create something wholly new for a follow-up story when the series:

a: tied up all lose ends in the plot, and
b: followed with the given end of the VN.

That being said, I really wouldn't mind a Suzuha route version. Presuming there is a Suzuha route.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 pm

OR maybe an adaption of Bokan no Rebellion following Suzuha's battle with SERN in 2036 or following the lab after the foundation of the Resistance.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:OR maybe an adaption of Bokan no Rebellion following Suzuha's battle with SERN in 2036 or following the lab after the foundation of the Resistance.

That's a good point. I'm not all that interested in a side story myself, but it's not like there isn't plenty of fodder there.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 am

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:I imagine that it's going to be a shortened summary movie.

This has been denied by Chiyomaru Shikura, CEO of 5pb (developer of the game) who is also the project leader of Steins;Gate the game and song writer and lyricists of most of the OP/ED/insert-songs in the game and anime (e.g. he wrote both the song and lyrics for the anime OP )

Shikura has been tweeting a lot about Steins;Gate lately, including breaking the news about the movie. His recent tweets include the following information:

・総集編はない
> Not a summary
・エンドレスサイクリングはない
> No endless cycles
・だーりんのような路線にはしたくないできれば真面目で
> Do not want to go the way of "Darling". Want to make it serious if possible.
[symbv: Darling is a follow-up "fan-disk" of the game. Fan-disk is a common practice in Japanese visual novel industry to provide some lighter hearted episodes to the original story.]
・シュタゲを知ってる人が楽しめるものじゃないと成功しないのではないか
> If it is not something that people who knew Steins;Gate would enjoy it would not be a success.
・全く知らない人に映画を入り口に興味をもってもらいたいけど、
 そこを入り口にするとダメだと思う
> Although it would be good if someone who did not know anything about S;G to get interested in it by using the movie as an entry point, I think it is not suitable to use it as an entry point.
・一見さんお断りはビジネスとしては間違ったやり方だと思うけど、
 ゲームやアニメを入り口にした人をターゲットにしたい
> Although it may be wrong way to do business to reject newcomers, but I want to target those who have picked the game or the anime as entry point.
・ターゲットを絞って、全国ロードショーは難しいかもしれない
> As the target audience is limited, it may be difficult to release it nation-wide.
・映画のチケット5000円くらいにすればいいか(笑)
> Perhaps I should sell the movie tickets at 5000 yen apiece then (LOL)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 pm

YEA! For the fans! <3 I've already decided I want to go to Tokyo for the release. Yes Steins;Gate is that big to me. Anyone else coming with me?

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 am

We have not learned the release date of the movie yet... But yes, if you love the series that much, it is worth watching its movie in the proper setting, i.e. in cinema. Xard could vouch for how enhancing the experience of watching a well produced anime movie in a state-of-the-art cinema (so good that he watched the same movie 4 times).

As omake, Rei Hiroe, the author of Black Lagoon, drew the following Steins;Gate pic (earlier he did one for Madoka and it is also very good)

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:48 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:We have not learned the release date of the movie yet... But yes, if you love the series that much, it is worth watching its movie in the proper setting, i.e. in cinema. Xard could vouch for how enhancing the experience of watching a well produced anime movie in a state-of-the-art cinema (so good that he watched the same movie 4 times).

I still want to see a film on Wald 9's big screen one day...

stop reminding me of the fact I'll never get to see Sayonara on big screen again ;______;

So, when is the film coming out? If it's in summer 2012 then...

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Randomanon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 pm

A heads-up that the VN has been fully translated. It still needs to go through the rest of the process for a release, although if you're really interested you can probably find a buggy alpha/beta version on 4chan.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm

It wasn't translated by TLWiki, was it? They made that agreement with JAST, and suddenly all the finished works in the partnership disappeared, and still haven't made any sign of appearing on the JAST website.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Randomanon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Randomanon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 pm

View Original PostThe Bastard King wrote:It wasn't translated by TLWiki, was it? They made that agreement with JAST, and suddenly all the finished works in the partnership disappeared, and still haven't made any sign of appearing on the JAST website.

No, it's not TLWiki. http://vn.shourai.net/

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I would really like to learn Japanese simply for the purpose of playing these VNs, but I much prefer this. However I'll have to learn eventually for Darling and 8bit..

QUESTION: I just downloaded the Steins;Gate Illustrations Collection and it's a collection of work from different artists. There's a novel part of the book along with artwork for it. I think the artist is Ju Ayakura from the Spice and Wolf novels but I'm not 100% sure as I cannot read Japanese as of yet. Just curious as I'm a huge fan of both.

SPOILER: Show

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:QUESTION: I just downloaded the Steins;Gate Illustrations Collection and it's a collection of work from different artists. There's a novel part of the book along with artwork for it. I think the artist is Ju Ayakura from the Spice and Wolf novels but I'm not 100% sure as I cannot read Japanese as of yet. Just curious as I'm a huge fan of both.

The scans do not have Japanese text except for the title "Steins;Gate Illustrations Collection". Do you have any other scan that may help identify the artist?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The scans do not have Japanese text except for the title "Steins;Gate Illustrations Collection". Do you have any other scan that may help identify the artist?

Possibly one of these two as they come before and after the novel part.

SPOILER: Show
That's as high res I can get apparently through Photobucket...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 am

@Topic
It seems that Goro-kun has already beat the official movie to the punch.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Anime and Manga”