Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Mami Snowmoe

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:more like legendary picture of kid giddy with his new christmas present, La Blue Girl!

Well, of course you knew that :lol:

As I have not watched any Macross after SDF and DYRL I am not sure how bad La Blue Girl can be for a little kid :) I suspect a kid as young as the one in the pic may not get the traumatizing part?

View Original PostXard wrote:Now they then went and bought Spirited Away as present for her big sister (she's 9) which was a-okay but I told them to NOT let the little girl watch it because it's not appropriate for her. They didn't really listen, unfortunately :facepalm:

Well, at least she wasn't traumatized.

Some children at 9 may be able to take Spirited Away but it is a biggish IF. That said, the anime's main message about the value and attitude regarding work is something that is appropriate for a young teen, if not preteen.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:As I have not watched any Macross after SDF and DYRL I am not sure how bad La Blue Girl can be for a little kid :) I suspect a kid as young as the one in the pic may not get the traumatizing part?

a) whaaaaaaat :lol: did you take a look at the cover at all, it clearly reads "La Blue Girl" and it has absolutely nothing to do with Macross. I don't know where you got that idea from O_____o

b) oh god you DON'T know what La Blue Girl is? Well, good for you I guess

La Blue Girl is

SPOILER: Show
tentacle rape hentai

so yeah, it might be a little inappropriate for kids...

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Some children at 9 may be able to take Spirited Away but it is a biggish IF. That said, the anime's main message about the value and attitude regarding work is something that is appropriate for a young teen, if not preteen.

Well, Miyazaki himself said that Spirited Away is made for everyone who is or has been ten years old. She's pretty mature and turns ten soon enough anyway so there was no problem.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:17 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:a) whaaaaaaat :lol: did you take a look at the cover at all, it clearly reads "La Blue Girl" and it has absolutely nothing to do with Macross. I don't know where you got that idea from O_____o

Looking from a distance, the singer with green hair on the cover kind of look like Ranka you see... And I do not know if I know all the titles in Macross series so I just jumped to conclusion ... Oh well... How about La blue girl starring Ranka then? :guffaw:

Maybe I should check La Blue Girl after all... Have not seen any tentacled stuff for a very very very long time...
Last edited by symbv on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Looking from a distance, the singer with green hair on the cover kind of look like Ranka you see... How about La blue girl starring Ranka then? :guffaw:

Not. Funny. :hohum:

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Maybe I should check La Blue Girl after all... Have not seen any tentacled stuff for a very very very long time...

ehh, Urotsukidoji from the same guy is better. I think I watched one ep of La Blue Girl before finding it way too boring and uninteresting to continue.

Now Urotsukidoji, that is the shizzle. You can't top that.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

OK, what I thought as a mike is actually a ninja weapon...so that girl is not a singer but a ninja....urgh...

14 episodes of OVA? And 3 movies by real-life cast?? But somehow the English wiki entry is much more detailed than the Japanese wiki.... Hmmm....

Anyway, 'nuff said about La Blue Girl... need to stay on topic so let's go back to PMMM.... :)
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:06 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote: (97 out of 480 finding it helpful)
That's the one -- Google attributed it thus

480 found, 97 people, "this review helpful" to vote with.
5つ星のうち 1.0 可愛いキャラデザだったので姪っ子(小一)に勧めてえらい目に遭いました・・・ , 2011/1/23 1.0 out of 5 stars Kyaradeza niece was so cute (small one) I've been recommending is great eye, 2011/1/23
By By
読者1号 Reader No. 1

rather than the one with 152 out of 393 agreeing

By
変態パンツ Pants transformation
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:That's the one -- Google attributed it thus

rather than the one with 152 out of 393 agreeing

A few comments of that review did express suspicion that the Reviewer was trolling... But his review was not the only one in Amazon JP whose writer was fooled by the outward look of the anime. One 5-star review that came out after Ep.1 was aired even suggested the anime to be recommended to small kids!!

EDIT on Feb 17 2011 *********************************************************

WHAT? Again in Madoka we do not have things go as most expected...

For Ep.7

She won't last long...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 pm

So I'm confused. If the Puella Magi are really their jewels, does that mean that when they transform, they won't die when their body gets mutilated or whatever?

Not that I'm anxious to see if Mami can return to the series or anything, baka.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 pm

ROARS!!
Sayaka better not die ~de geso!!

Hurry, hurry, pirates & fansubbers!
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

My whole worldview has been turned upside down!

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Episode 7  SPOILER: Show

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT :scanners_head:

The Bastard King wrote:So I'm confused. If the Puella Magi are really their jewels, does that mean that when they transform, they won't die when their body gets mutilated or whatever?

That's right. They will only die if their Soul Gem is destroyed or taken away from them. Mami's Soul Gem was chomped into bits along with her head (it turns into her hair ornament when she transforms, remember) so there's no way for her to return from the dead.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Re: My whole worldview has been turned upside down!

Postby symbv » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Yes, now we know what Hitomi's role is.... The irony is Sayaka actually saved Hitomi by stopping her from committing suicide under witch's influence.

The advice of Mami that one should consider very carefully about making wish for another person came to mind. It is pretty common, right? People go out in high school but keep it secret so as not to attract attention....

I also like the part when they started to elaborate on Kyouko and her family...

AND THE HORROR DOES NOT END HERE:

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Oh yeah, and Sayaka went batshit insane. That happened too.

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Yes, now we know what Hitomi's role is.... The irony is Sayaka actually saved Hitomi by stopping her from committing suicide under witch's influence.

And Sayaka actually said she regrets saving her now. That's kind of extreme.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I also like the part when they started to elaborate on Kyouko and her family...

That was surprisingly depressing, although Kyouko didn't seem too upset about it. I assume she was just putting on an indifferent face for Sayaka's sake.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

Jesus Christ. That will haunt my dreams for the next week.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am

Laying it on pretty thick this latest episode... At least we now know that Kyouko isn't a completely selfish person.
I enjoyed the creepy puppet show. I also liked how they did the battle scene, although it ended creepy, but fighting without feeling much pain makes sense...
Sayaka should still tell Kyousuke how she feels.. So her soul is in a ring around her finger, she should make her move otherwise she wasted her wish, and her life..

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 am

Someone needs to make a vertical with this

And then swap out Madoka's face for Kenshiro's in the next frame.

EDIT: Never mind, I used my plebeian photoshop skills to do it myself.

Last edited by MasonFighter on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 am

Oh dear. I do hope that Sayaka grows a pair and confesses in the next episode.

Not that it'll go anywhere positive, given the show, but still.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:21 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Laying it on pretty thick this latest episode... At least we now know that Kyouko isn't a completely selfish person.

When she was first introduced, everybody thought Kyouko would just be a mean and selfish MS (Mahou Shoujo) with some even speculated that she would kill Sayaka in the next episode. Fortunately the story has not gone where most expected. Instead we see Kyouko also trying to find a MS whom she could identify with and understand her. In this way it is not unlike Mami. I did not expect Kyouko also placed her wish to help another person, with the same unexpected consequences as a result. Even though Sayaka rejected her offer of "friendship" she still came to the aid of Sayaka at the end. Also she seems to be comfortable talking to Homura, unlike Mami who is more hostile (and vice versa). At first I thought she would be a character who will be quickly disposed but happily it turned out not to be the case.

And I admit I never thought about MS can help one get the food she wants... :p

By the way, I notice there is less flashy stuff in this ep. (Ep.7) particularly regarding Inu-Curry weird arts and quick action. The shadow play by Sayaka killing witches is pretty low cost. Perhaps they are saving the $$ for the grand finale?? Not that I am complaining though -- I think this episode still looks fine without big-budget flashiness.

On another subject -- the cover of the Vol.2 of the manga is out:

I finally managed to get the manga Vol.1 today as some bookstores got the restock supply. The manga is divided into 4 chapters, with one chapter corresponding to one episode in the anime. Even the title of the chapter is the same as the anime episode. The plan is clearly to release the manga after the relevant episodes are aired, and the manga vol.2 will be released on Mar12, less than 2 weeks after Ep.8 is aired. The story sticks quite close to the anime but one significant difference is that QB looks much cuter in the manga -- it even opens its mouth to talk!!
Last edited by symbv on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby User-iel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 pm

@spoiler horrors:
At this point I can't readily erase their image. What I CAN do is say he's doing a crappy 'Ayamu', and the other one is early for the Easter Bunny. Ahh, all better.

@MasonFighter - There is only one true successor...

Sayaka going to 'the dark side' already? Or is it a temporary sickness? LOLrepression is bad for you... I feel a curse coming on! Alternatively, this is not your common seinen rules. Wish granted, but her wish said nothing about Kyosuke having a long and healthy life. Long odds that he makes it out of the next episode in one piece. Then we can puzzle over which one of the survivors has more right to be bitter. Also, who likes >hardcore< Sensei Kyubey. I am no longer certain he wasn't carted over here from a draft version of "Bokurano." But this does make important statements about his purpose. QB is not only interested in making 'sub prime' contracts for his commission. He really wants them to fight, and has a whole book full of coaching techniques. How long has he been doing this, anyway?

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

I thought Hitomi's "revelation" was a bit cheap just to create tension and drama, but the rest of the episode was good and the whole cardboard cut-out puppets that were used when Kyouko told her story made it more interesting than it would be otherwise imo.

Also at first I was sure Sayaka was fighting some weird hydra monster because we only saw a few heads at first, heh.

P.S
That hand drawn OP I linked a few pages ago really fucking ruined the OP for me ;_;

Been a while since I trolled myself :facepalm:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:12 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:P.S
That hand drawn OP I linked a few pages ago really fucking ruined the OP for me ;_;

Been a while since I trolled myself :facepalm:

if it makes you feel any better HOLY SHIT FOOTAGE FROM EP 8 HAS BEEN LEAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Is there a 57 minute video of that? 10 minutes is NOT ENOUGH!!

Return to “Anime and Manga”