Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

corncopp6 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby corncopp6 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Image

You know, this could explain an awful lot...

I believe the ancients used to say:

[size=40]BOSS![/size]

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 06:53 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Z Metalla wrote:Funny thing is, I do see Canada as being one of the missing SEELE memberships... Along with Isreal and China, for some reason, in my head. I wish the image was a little more amusing, though, but that's probably just me. XD

and Belgium just so Keel/Germany can have someone besides France to pick on every now and then, besides the Frenchie and the Brit are probably still to busy argueing over the inanity that was the middle ages, and the Hundred Year's War (probably why they set so far apart, everyone got sick of it). Same goes for the American and the Commie, who wants a reenactment of the Cold War every time they try to have a meeting? Anno and company really missed out on a number of great geo-politcal jokes that could have been made with those guys.

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:00 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Seele08 wrote:and Belgium just so Keel/Germany can have someone besides France to pick on every now and then, besides the Frenchie and the Brit are probably still to busy argueing over the inanity that was the middle ages, and the Hundred Year's War (probably why they set so far apart, everyone got sick of it). Same goes for the American and the Commie, who wants a reenactment of the Cold War every time they try to have a meeting? Anno and company really missed out on a number of great geo-politcal jokes that could have been made with those guys.

Image WIN! Probably so. Could have been quite amusing....

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:15 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

I've thought about writing a fanfic about a brief re-enactment of WWII (using office supplies instead of weapons) by the commitee and Gendo. It really is to bad there is not Italian member, otherwise the Big Four, and two out of three of the major Axis members are there at the meetings.

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:18 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Italy, neh? That would be an interesting thing to put into SEELE, too. Roman empire, anyone? >>;

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:26 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Easy. Just find a WWII naval vessel from Italy and make him one of the faceless Seele guys. I'm sure you can find power-hungry, suicidal, radical Kabbalists in any country! Even Finland!

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:33 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:Easy. Just find a WWII naval vessel from Italy and make him one of the faceless Seele guys. I'm sure you can find power-hungry, suicidal, radical Kabbalists in any country! Even Finland!

Just Dr. Nick...

And for the record what is it with suicidal cyborgs? It seems to be a recurring theme in anime. Keel, Ziggy, Elsa de Sica, Henrietta, and Motoko could be argued as suicidal. Really the only anime cyborgs without a death wish are Grobyc (don't ask me how to pronounce it he's from a game with no VA's) and the lovely maniacal Allen Gabriel. The irony here, they are cyborgs because they would have died without said implants (or in Ziggy's case were brought back from the dead) and have decided that now's a good time to contemplate suicide now that they have their nice shiny new expensive cyborg bodies. This makes no sense!

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 07:37 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Seele08 wrote:Naoko says that Ritsuko didn't grow up with a father....maybe this is him.

or

Maybe Ritsuko wasn't Ritsuko, she was a he! Working under cover for SEELE!

Bwahaha Image

Oh god, is this another one of those "They have similar haircuts, therefore they must be genetically related" things? 'Cuz I hate those...

Reichu wrote:Gendo isn't part of the Human Instrumentality Committee. It's just the five. He's a random toadie. Albeit a rather important one.

Are you kidding? He's the one who PROPOSED the bloody thing. How can the guy who came up with the idea NOT be part of the committee?

Samuel L. Jackson: "You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."

Anakin: "WTF?"

Sorry, I be a wee bit teh drunk right now...

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 20:26 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

He may have been an ideas man, who came up with the psycho idea for the HIP, but he's still pretends to be subserviant until Keel is no longer useful to him. Poor Keel, I always feel sorry for him. Besides he's not actually a member of SEELE, like Yui was.

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 09:23 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

As far as Gendo and Seele:

while in antarctica
Ep21 wrote:Fuyutsuki: How is Yui-kun? Isn't she participating in this expedition?

Gendou: She wanted to come, but she has a child now.

Fuyutsuki: Your organization, called Seele or something, is creating a lot of bad rumors. I don't like the way that it controls the committee by force.

Not sure if you can put the same weight on Yui and Seele:
Ep21 wrote:Fuyutsuki: Ignorance can be a source of happiness.

Yui: I introduced you to him. Were you disturbed by that?

Fuyutsuki: Well, I admit that he is an interesting guy, but I don't like him.

Fuyutsuki(mono):However, it was commonly accepted by those who knew, that the objective of his approach to her was her talent and the support organization behind her. That organization was called "Seele," according to the rumors I heard afterwards.

Seems more like Seele was the financial backing of Yui's research at the university, instead of Yui being a secret member of Seele. This was in 1999, when both Yui and Fuyutsuki were still at Kyoto University. Looks like Gendo wanted to get to the support organization through Yui (and succeeded). Whether or not the first quote can be taken literally as in Seele belongs to Gendo, I'd say no. More like, he was part of the organization, as in "I don't like the way your team cheats when my team plays fair."

As far as Yui pre-CE, it just seemed like she was a member of Gehirn, head of Project E, who also happen to have the same support organization funding it.

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 12:12 GMT

Takumi [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Evangelion-stylee Wassup

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/2703

Guest Appearance by Shogouki

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 12:24 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Gendo coming up with HIP on his own feels decidedly off to me. Seele has been around and trying to become "close to God" for centuries. I'll try to figure this out sometime, since I think assuming that you have it figured out already is a mistake. (Sound familiar?)

And yeah, now that I'm not as dead tired, I can see that Gendo is part of the Committee.

@Ornette: Yui flat-out tells us that she is with with Seele. She's a member.

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 13:20 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

I can just see Yui wearing one of those SEELE uniforms (no really I used my toys and switched Yui and Keel's heads). Speaking of those uniforms has anyone noted that they change color frequently?

Dark Brown
Green
Purple (no symbolism there)

Do they change colors according to the season? Or whats in fashion?

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 14:24 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Reichu wrote:I think assuming that you have it figured out already is a mistake. (Sound familiar?)

And yeah, now that I'm not as dead tired, I can see that Gendo is part of the Committee.

Tee hee. Reichu got pwnt by teh Chickens Image

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2006, 18:42 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Not sure if this is a repost, but...

This ought to roxor some soxors.

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:13 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

It would be hotter if she were an Eva dressed up like that. But the artistic style is quite nice.

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:24 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

No, it should be Yui dressing up like that.

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:25 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:Not sure if this is a repost

Somewhere in the last 50 pages, IIRC Image

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:25 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

And Yui is an Eva. A big, brown, green-eyed, flat-as-a-board Eva. With... uh... flaming hair once she leaves Earth, but that's too weird even for me, so I don't go there unless for some reason I want to explore that concept specifically...

OH, you're talking about Yui before her Ascension. Well, she's left that Yui behind, so you should, too. Image

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:28 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Since I detest Yui, and just about anyone who thinks they're good enough to be god, the ultimate arrogance I can't really say I prefer her in any form.

Originally posted on: 25-Jan-2006, 08:32 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”