Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Reichu wrote:Actually, they're not hard to find at all.

Really? Well, Google didn't find that many. XD;;;

reichu wrote:Whoever thinks Rei x Asuka make a good couple obviously need to watch the show. Image

I know how rediculously unlikely/dumb of a pairing it is. Image Still, for some reason, it fascinates me to no end. Image Image (one of my older web personas was "The Yuriwraith" Image)

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:27 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Z Metalla wrote:Really? Well, Google didn't find that many. XD;;;

We badly need an Evangelion Image Database where people like you can do a search for "Rei Asuka slash" and be swimming in yuri bliss in the blink of an eye.

Or alternatively, just look around for some H-doujinshi. Whenever Asuka and Rei aren't being molested by Shinji, Gendo, Kaji, Kaworu, random male students, MIBs, George W. Bush, and various other entities possessing a masculine appendage, odds are they will be doing naughty things to each other. (Usually Asuka doing stuff to Rei, from what I have seen.)

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:34 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Reichu wrote:We badly need an Evangelion Image Database where people like you can do a search for "Rei Asuka slash" and be swimming in yuri bliss in the blink of an eye.

Or alternatively, just look around for some H-doujinshi. Whenever Asuka and Rei aren't being molested by Shinji, Gendo, Kaji, Kaworu, random male students, MIBs, George W. Bush, and various other entities possessing a masculine appendage, odds are they will be doing naughty things to each other. (Usually Asuka doing stuff to Rei, from what I have seen.)

With Rei doing her "Ayanami-of-BORG" impression.

"I will comply."

"I hope it is satisfactory."

"If it pleases you."

"As you wish."

I'm sure Star Trek: Voyager harvested Seven of Nine's dialogue from Rei doujins. She's even more passive than in the anime, how is that possible?

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:37 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Reichu wrote:We badly need an Evangelion Image Database where people like you can do a search for "Rei Asuka slash" and be swimming in yuri bliss in the blink of an eye.

1 - Heh. That would be something, alright. Sadly, it shouldn't happen. Who knows the reprecussions.

2 - Sadly, I'm not in an area where one can get H Doujin. Nor do I have the funds to. If you mean on the net, though, I'll look for some sometime.

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:53 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

By the happy little pervert's wild imagination is my best guess.

Rei\Asuka? Are you kidding? This would be the pairing I see the most, and as wild an idea as it is I think it rules. The To Make an Angel Fall series in particular is great fun.

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:53 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Z Metalla wrote:1 - Heh. That would be something, alright. Sadly, it shouldn't happen. Who knows the reprecussions.

2 - Sadly, I'm not in an area where one can get H Doujin. Nor do I have the funds to. If you mean on the net, though, I'll look for some sometime.

There are ZILLIONS available on the net. All in Japanese, but if all you care about are the pretty pictures of Rei/Asuka/whoever being violated, then enjoy! Image

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 01:57 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks, Mills, and Biscuit, PM me some suggestions, I'm too lazy to look for it meself at the mo. Image

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 02:01 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Not all in Japanese... Some of the "A" series (A-1 thru A-4) series -- where Asuka is forced to become a sex slave in a bid to save Shinji's life, or some idiotic thing of the sort -- is translated, as was that full-color Ayanami one, where Rei goes on in monologue about how all of the boys at school do (or make her do) <insert>, and how she has to become a prostitute for whatever reason. They really are completely idiotic.

The funny thing about H-doujinshi is that almost none of it really has ANYthing to do with the character(s) being objectified. Most of them, you could insert a few dozen other 'Hot Anime Chicks' in their place and have to change absolutely nothing. Or, if more than one recognizable character is involved, simply replace everyone with characters with similar roles (i.e, main male protagonist, primary love interest, secondary love interest, etc.) from another anime, and, voila, another H-doujinshi is born. The sheer stupidity of them is alarming.

However, as I often remark, some of them actually manage to redeem themselves. Alarmingly few, but for whatever reason I am amused enough that I brave the H-doujin wastelands again and again. Until I have a source of income again and I can actually get doujinshi that aren't pr0n-oriented from Japan. (Sadly, non-pr0n doujin doesn't enjoy much distribution in fan circles, from what I can gather.)

Speaking of hentai... At an NGE image board Joeshie linked to earlier -- which is, regrettably, focused on NGE's two primary cash cows (moo!) -- I posted my Asu-Ka the Ever-Living image, just for a change of pace from pictures of Asuka being tied up and violated. Guess what? It was baleeted! I fail to see how it was more lacking in taste than 75% of the images there. Rant, rant, rant.

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 02:20 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Hmm, maybe I'll just forget about looking altogether, by the impression I got from those first two paragraphs. Although, it is true that there is always a gem in piles of crap, so, maybe I'll find something good with enough sifting. Though Google seems to NOT be a good search source (for me anyway).

As for that board.... "Unfair! Unfair! Nasssty little hobbitses!" Asu-ka was amusing, and they remove it while they have so much worse stuff up? Buncha dimbulb hypocrites. Image

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 02:33 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Try looking up the picture shrines for hentai and non hentai Asuka pics that will have some Rei pairings.

http://ironmouse.za.org.nyud.net:80...gon/_asuka.html

http://ironmouse.za.org.nyud.net:80...n/_asuka-h.html

Grey Archive has the TMAAF fanfic. You'll need the username and password to log in. The current one is ocelot and vagrant.

http://greyarchive.greyarchive.info/anime20.htm

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 02:58 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Mills, you rock. I've been surfing through said picture shrines since I got online today. Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted on: 03-May-2005, 22:10 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

OK. Time to put this thread to good use.
Remember that black and white pic of Misato, Kaji and Ritsuko when they were in collage?

Is there an official colour version of that one? I'm working on a theory.

Originally posted on: 05-May-2005, 08:54 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm

No, there isn't.

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:11 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Are you sure? I would have thought something like that was prime wallpaper material. Not that that's what I'm looking for.
How about pictures of Misato and Kaji in collage? In any way offical if at all possible.

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:15 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Screenshots from the show, or Sadamoto's manga. I can't think of any other place, and I have more images than I know what to do with.

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:18 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Hmmmm....
I've trawled through the show. Nothing seems forthcoming. A colour image of their "class photo" was what I was really after. Got any color ones of the collage years from the manga? It's second had, but the man was the principle artist on the show after all.

EDIT:
Wait! Is there anything like this in #25 or #26? Images of Misato's past or something?

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:21 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

OMF wrote:Hmmmm....
I've trawled through the show. Nothing seems forthcoming. A colour image of their "class photo" was what I was really after. Got any color ones of the collage years from the manga? It's second had, but the man was the principle artist on the show after all.

I could be missing something here, but it seems unlikely. Manga is traditionally all in black-and-white.

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:28 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Soluzar wrote:I could be missing something here, but it seems unlikely. Manga is traditionally all in black-and-white.

Correctamundo...the only volume (that I have) that goes on about their college years was Volume 07, when Kaji chatted with cynical Shinji. Image They were in B&W. I guess you could get someone to color it and stick a (c) Gainax logo on it or something... XD

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 21:50 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Why do you want a color version so badly? If once does not exist, make your own. Image

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 22:50 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

I need to check the colour of Kaji's T-shirt.
Why I hear you ask?

Because I think he may have found a second home for one of his old T-shirts in Tokyo-3.(1)-(2)
It wouldn't be the only hand me down garb around at any rate (3)-(4)

Originally posted on: 04-May-2005, 23:06 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”