The Live Action Evangelion Movie

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Am I the only one who thinks there won't be any sequels? It's Asuka in the first one or nothing as far as I assume.

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2004, 18:15 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks there won't be any sequels? It's Asuka in the first one or nothing as far as I assume.
Hell, I'm not convinced that this project will ever get the green light; I'll frankly be amazed if it ever happens.
Matt Greenfield has admited in the Anime Insider story that it "may never happen..."

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2004, 18:22 GMT

NeonProdigy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonProdigy [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

It can only work right if there are sequels. Evangelion is to big to fit into one movie and still have everything it's supposed to have. Explain to me please, NakedEye666, how it could still work as only one movie.

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2004, 18:23 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

NeonProdigy wrote:It can only work right if there are sequels. Evangelion is to big to fit into one movie and still have everything it's supposed to have. Explain to me please, NakedEye666, how it could still work as only one movie.

I didn't say it could work with only one movie. But if they wanted to have something that worked, why make this movie at all, obviously it can't reach the completion that the Evangelion television series (& movies) have no matter how many movies they make.

Personally, I would preffer if there weren't many sequels, if it gets made at all. Maybe 2 movies, but I don't want this to be a big huge thing, we can already assume that they don't care about getting everything exactly right anyway. But I'd really have to know what exactly they are trying to do (story wise) before making a judgement on how the movies should be. Image

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2004, 18:27 GMT

NeonProdigy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonProdigy [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Well.......... *sigh* alright you're right, it well never be as good as the original anime, and yes I don't want a whole lot of sequels. Just somewhere around 1 or 2 sequels, if even that many. But if they wanted it to work, they can't just make one movie. Oh well, I'm an optimist sometimes, and I'm hoping for the best.

Originally posted on: 15-Feb-2004, 18:32 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Wait a sec...

Am I hearing you people right?

First, you guys say a LA movie could never carry the depth and scope of the animation (which is understantable and quite true), then you say you don't want many sequels to be made (which would give the LA version as much story depth as possible).

I personally feel they should make at least three movies. if not five or six. The only reason the Matrix sequels sucked was because there wasn't very much to go on in the first place and the first one was just a laser-light show. There is just too much stuff going on in Evangelion for this to happen.

And really, I hope they can find someone who will treat it as a saga with a beginning and an end (like Star Wars) rather than just just fodder for neverending sequels (like Star Trek).

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2004, 01:40 GMT

Caine [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Caine [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Is bringing up Star Wars a good idea?

I agree with something that somwbody said earlier. Make the first movie, make it seem complete enough to those who don't know about EVA, and if it makes money, make sequels. It would need sequels to work out right. Or it can work out wrong, in which case it's nothing like the anime, but it's a good movie.

thx, the original Matriz was sweet, the next 2 weren't. The reasons for that are whatever they are, but the original was a really good movie.

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2004, 01:56 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Really? I thought the first Matrix was little more than a special-effects experiment with a bunch of quasi-philosophical stuff thrown in to make it look deep, while the sequels had real emotion and real plot. But what do I know, I thought Titan AE was better than Titanic Image

Originally posted on: 19-Feb-2004, 13:09 GMT

Caine [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Caine [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

While I haven't seen Titan A.E, it probably was better than Titanic.

Originally posted on: 20-Feb-2004, 01:16 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

You MUST see Titan AE, it's way better than the critics said. The plot is teh r0xx0rs.

Originally posted on: 20-Feb-2004, 20:09 GMT

zep [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zep [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

-Daniel Radcliffe --- Shinji Ikari
-Hillary Duff --- Asuka Langley
-Chiaki Kuriyama --- Rei Ayanami
-Shaw Ashmore --- Touji Suzuhara
-Natalie Imburgia --- Misato Katsuragi
-Haley Joel Osment --- Kaworu Nagisa
-Colin Farell --- Ryoji Kaji
-Gwyneth Paltrow --- Ritsuko Akagi
-Hugo Weaving --- Gendo Ikari

Its true this??

In one forum to i saw sometimes someone said about this could be the cast of the evangelion LA

And that the move will be a trilogy...

I am asking to the person who put the information about the link if i saw the link i will put here

But someone now about this??

Originally posted on: 23-Feb-2004, 06:29 GMT

SandalpHon [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SandalpHon [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

don't take notice of speculation like that. thy won't even think of casting until a good solid script is written and the project is nice and secure. not even newline cinema would waste that much money on a cast like that when the movie isn't even a definate yet. Besides, I remember seeing a cast that was probably dreamt up by some kid about the resident evil movie.

Barry - Bruce Willis
Wesker - Sylvester Stallone
Jill - Drew Barrymoore

and so on so forth. It's just Message Board propaganda. nothing more

Originally posted on: 23-Feb-2004, 20:34 GMT

elfwannabe [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby elfwannabe [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 pm

seeing as how i loved the entire matrix trilogy, i would like eva to turn out like that; action in the first movie, but deeper philosophy and history in the next two. i thought the matrix was brilliant in what it did with itself and im one of the few who think so. that's actuslly how the eva series turnes out so making movies like that would work best.

Originally posted on: 23-Feb-2004, 15:53 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 pm

zep wrote:-Daniel Radcliffe --- Shinji Ikari
-Hillary Duff --- Asuka Langley
-Chiaki Kuriyama --- Rei Ayanami
-Shaw Ashmore --- Touji Suzuhara
-Natalie Imburgia --- Misato Katsuragi
-Haley Joel Osment --- Kaworu Nagisa
-Colin Farell --- Ryoji Kaji
-Gwyneth Paltrow --- Ritsuko Akagi
-Hugo Weaving --- Gendo Ikari

Its true this?

That cast list is from a recent article in Anime Insider and I believe was meant to be some kind of lame joke. Pay it no mind. Whoever posted that was misinformed or just outright lying.

Originally posted on: 23-Feb-2004, 16:22 GMT

zep [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zep [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

thx3876 wrote:That cast list is from a recent article in Anime Insider and I believe was meant to be some kind of lame joke. Pay it no mind. Whoever posted that was misinformed or just outright lying.

Ok thanks for the aclaration Image

Originally posted on: 23-Feb-2004, 19:49 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

I demand that George Takei be in this movie.

Originally posted on: 27-Feb-2004, 22:39 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:I demand that George Takei be in this movie.

As much as I dislike Star Trek, it might actualy be cool to cast him as Fuyutski or maybe a cameo as a Japanese politician.

Plus, it would reel in the Trekkies & Trekkers and show them what real science fiction is all about. 8)

Originally posted on: 28-Feb-2004, 19:09 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

I think he should be the Guy on the Plane in Episode 7. Or one of those other corporate puppets from that episode. His hair isn't gray enough to be Fuyutsuki. Hell, Fuyutsuki doesn't even look Asian.

And don't bash Star Trek. Although the original series is laughable, you can't watch something like First Contact without saying "Damn, that's cool..."

Originally posted on: 29-Feb-2004, 03:10 GMT

Mutsumi's~Loverboy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mutsumi's~Loverboy [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 pm

i say they need to stay true to the original... >> dont westernize it, or to say more properly, dont fix what isnt broken!

George Takei would make a great addition to the cast! Image

hey! theres nothing wrong with the classic star trek! at least the first series movies were good!

"KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!" xP

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 03:36 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:31 pm

Ah yes, I remember how all the fans thought that Sybok's search for God in the fifth movie was such a cool idea...

It would also be cool if the Governator was cast as a member of the Committee. He's a businessman and a politician now, and Austro-German to boot, so it would fit REALLY well. I can just imagine him sitting there bitching about the cost of the Evas...

Originally posted on: 01-Mar-2004, 06:53 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”