Evangelion Drinking Game

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:What the hell, don't tell me the threads got combined?????????? Come on, it was about two entirely different subjects, one being drinking while reading posts on the forum and one being about drinking to be done while watching the series.

Sharp-kun, everyone is starting to question your judgment as a mod! Ph33r the ensuing mutiny!! (J/K, though I agree... The "splice" was unnecessary and confusing.)

Anyway Reichu, I definetly won't be doing any drinking (of alchohol) but I'm sure this stuff could be used just the same with any beverage.

But the effect isn't quite the same... Instead of becoming intoxicated and spending much time BY the toilet, you just end up spending a lot of time ON the toilet. Image

Originally posted on: 29-Oct-2003, 23:55 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Reichu wrote:But the effect isn't quite the same... Instead of becoming intoxicated and spending much time BY the toilet, you just end up spending a lot of time ON the toilet. Image [/B]

True, but eh, it works. I've tried drinking games using Pocky, honest to goodness pocky. LOL, if it works it works. May not result in the same way, but it can be funny. Image

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:03 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Reichu wrote:Sharp-kun, everyone is starting to question your judgment as a mod! Ph33r the ensuing mutiny!! (J/K, though I agree... The "splice" was unnecessary and confusing.)

My apologies. Its because I'm recently back fomr the pub and as such am not in the mood to read threads. 2 with "Drinking Game" in the title were asking for it -o-;

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:05 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Take a drink when Sharp combines threads! Image

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:12 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Take a sips whenever anyone posts a picture (two sips if it's a pic of an Eva) out of spite.

Take a sip whenever Sharp-kun uses his modly powers.

take two sips whenever a thread with the word "Asuka" or "Rei" in the title doesn't degenerate into fanboyism

Finish your drink if any of the "randomly bash eva people" show up in a thread.

Finish your drink, then pour another drink, then finish that drink if anyone ever defends Amanda Winn Lee in any way.

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:33 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Take a sip whenever Plum misspells a word, 2 sips when you can't understand what he's talking about even when he does spell everything right. (Note: this could kill you.)

Take 3 sips whenever someone starts a thread about:

Who is in unit 0?
Who shot...(you know who)?
Are the movie and TV endings the same or different?

Drink yourself into oblivion whenever someone suggests:

That Shinji & Asuka are the new Adam and Eve.
That no one else is comming back.
That it isn't really Asuka, it's a combination.
That Misato shot you-know-who.
(These are the most obnoxious theories.)

While listening to the audio commentary:

Inject the booze directly into your veins whenever AWL says something ridiculous.

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 00:47 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:My apologies. Its because I'm recently back fomr the pub and as such am not in the mood to read threads. 2 with "Drinking Game" in the title were asking for it -o-;
That's funny that you decided to combine these threads; my EVA Forum Drinking Game post was originally going to be a reply to this thread, but I thought you might think I was highjacking your thread, and taking it off-topic, so I started a new one...

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 02:23 GMT

Kaworu_Asuka [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu_Asuka [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

- Take a sip whenever Kaworu_Asuka (me) mentions her obsession with Kaworu (getting tipsy yet?)

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 06:43 GMT

Incisivis [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

tv33 wrote:Incisivis shows up to defend the anti-Christ that is the dub.

I am in a drinking game! Whoo!

But really, I'm defending my right to auditory freedom. Image

And, just to be fiendish:

Incisivis's EVA Dub Drinking Game

Drink when:

*An honorific is replaced by something else
*Asuka uses some German (happens a lot more often in the dub)
*Shinji's voice cracks (two chugs if you love him anyway Image )
*Gendou says, "Make it so,"
*Rei whistles her siblants (if you don't get this one, watch episode 23 of the dub again)
*You hear that cartoony gooshy splat sound effect
*You hear a line that you know Amanda Winn Lee messed with

Also, I ain't using alcohol either. It'd be like saying I needed to be drunk to enjoy it. Image

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahah! :evil:

*disappears in puff of smoke*

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 13:23 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Amanda, here's another one for drinking to the dub:

- The kick-arse Eva and Angel sound effects from the Japanese sound track are replaced with absolutely abysmal results. Two chugs if they actually FORGET to replace a particular sound effect or vocalization (e.g., Yui-sama's cute little murmur as the Lance nears her core in 26').

Ritsuko: It's aware! And it sounds like a creaky old robot, to boot! Well, either that or a couple of guys using "Grumpy Flutter".
Misato: And it's eating the camel, I mean, angel!
Maya: ::urk::
Hyuga: I have a bad feeling about this...

OH! OH! And a couple more:

- Drink every time someone's name is blatantly mispronounced. (You'll be stone-dead-pissed by the end of 24! At least Spike Spencer decides to spare our poor souls.) Drink twice if it's a name other than "Kaworu" or "Aoba".
- Every time dialogue/noises/whatever are inserted where none existed in the original. (Asuka and Shinji's kiss in 15, for example.)
- Drink once if an individual Eva is referred to without using that awful word "unit". (E.g., "EVA-02" instead of "Unit 02".)
- If you feel REALLY masochistic, drink every time "NERV" is pronounced wrong. (Which would be, what, every time a character says it? Image)

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 14:01 GMT

Incisivis [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Reichu wrote:Amanda, here's another one for drinking to the dub:

- The kick-arse Eva and Angel sound effects from the Japanese sound track are replaced with absolutely abysmal results. Two chugs if they actually FORGET to replace a particular sound effect or vocalization (i.e., Yui-sama's cute little murmur as the Lance nears her core in 26').'

Bah. You think I'd make "vocal purist" jokes, infidel? Image That's for others to do.

Damn. I just realized I forgot to take potshots at the movie voices for Maya, Hyuga, Fuyutski, and Keel. Bad me. Image

- Drink every time someone's name is blatantly mispronounced. (You'll be stone-dead-pissed by the end of 24! At least Spike Spencer decides to spare our poor souls.) Drink twice if it's a name other than "Kaworu" or "Aoba".

"Qwa-roo" is worse than anything the series dub can come up with. Except for that one "Ka-oh-roo". Ah-heh. :dodgy:

But all those early "Rit-soo-koo"s will get you sloshed faster than you can say "Sturdivant"

- Every time dialogue/noises/whatever are inserted where none existed in the original. (Asuka and Shinji's kiss in 15, for example.)

Damn. So much missed from "Just so I can't be patronized and learn what's being said on TV/Radio viewings" miss so much, don't they? Oh, well.

- Drink once if an individual Eva is referred to without using that awful word "unit". (I.e., "EVA-02" instead of "Unit 02".)

So what exactly does "-gouki" mean, then? *curious*

Anyway, figures you'd add things regarding EVAs and Angels. You're a walking drinking game, Rachel! Image

*Now has the song "Alcohol" by The Barenaked Ladies stuck in her head*

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 15:15 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Incisivis wrote:So what exactly does "-gouki" mean, then? *curious*

It's a critical part of NERV's conspiracy to convince the public that the Evas are "robots". ::p "-Gou" is an ordinal sort of thing that indicates the number of something in a series (something like that, anyway), and "ki" is ::shiver:: "machine". (So, like, literally, "Zerogouki" is "zero number machine".)

So maybe "unit" isn't all that bad a translation compared to the source, though it's worth keeping in mind that "EVA-##" is what the Japanese folks use in print whenever "<blahblah>gouki" isn't (not to mention it's what's printed right on the Evas' plasticy arm covers). Kind of like the "Shin Seiki EVANGERION"/"Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "shito"/"angel" dichotomies.

"Unit ##" is a dub invention. I like to keep my NGE terminology "pure". Image And at least "-gouki" sounds cool (and isn't used as slang for a penis, like "unit" sometimes is Image). Plus, if you write it with different kanji, it can mean "strength demon"! How appropo! "GWARRRRRRRR!!!"

Anyway, figures you'd add things regarding EVAs and Angels. You're a walking drinking game, Rachel! Image

It's a tough, lonely job, but, hey, somebody has to do it. Image

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 15:27 GMT

felineki [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby felineki [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Great jorb, Rachel, those are hilarious. Image

How is NERV supposed to be pronounced? I can't remember... It's a German word, I know that much. Isn't it pronounced like "Nehrv"... Or "Nairv"... rather than "Nurv"?

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 19:31 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

felineki wrote:Great jorb, Rachel, those are hilarious. Image

How is NERV supposed to be pronounced? I can't remember... It's a German word, I know that much. Isn't it pronounced like "Nehrv"... Or "Nairv"... rather than "Nurv"?

In German V is pronounced like F, so it would be something like "Nehrf".

Originally posted on: 30-Oct-2003, 23:47 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

A couple more I forgot to mention...

Take a swig every time TBozefan mentions his mysterious, invisible friend, Sarai.

Take two swigs every time someone asks "Who the hell is Sarai?!"

Originally posted on: 01-Nov-2003, 16:26 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Play nice.

Originally posted on: 27-Nov-2003, 14:00 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Let me guess, this will be bumped? Image
Looks fun.

Originally posted on: 14-Nov-2004, 08:20 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Heh, did Sharp-kun use his modly powers to delete that nasty stuff that erupted between Shin-seiki and mantra? I honestly can't remember.

Anyway, this is too rich a thread to let it simply die. You'd need to have been here for over a year to appreciate most of the stuff already posted, so... Hey, let's make up some new rules for a forum drinking game that involve the new folks! And remember, Children, this is all in good fun. Everyone is fair game. Image

Here are some new proposed rules. Dunno the quantity of alcohol/various other beverage/Pocky to allot to each, though.

- MDWigs shows up, promises that he will have lots of free time soon, and disappears for another one to two months. (All in good fun, Wigs. Image )
- Reichu mentions Sammael.
- Reichu agonizes about how the commentary will never be finished.
- Reichu reacts badly to Knives' sarcasm.
- Reichu bumps a thread
- Anyone complains about the above
- Anyone aside from Reichu refers to Adam as a "she".
- Anyone aside from Reichu uses "Yui-sama" or "Kyoko-sama"
- Fuzzy Chickens or RahOtaku are disparagingly referenced.
- HeWhoPostsStuff draws nonsensical comparisons between NGE and traditional cartoons (Looney Tunes, SpongeBob, etc.).
- Knives references his own perceived lack of popularity.
- Misato's sexual intentions for Shinji are put under scrutiny
- Shinji and Asuka's relationship is put under scrutiny

Let's see what the rest of you can come up with...

EDIT: Holy crap, Magami beat me to it!! That's a little less cancer for me, anyway.

Originally posted on: 14-Nov-2004, 08:22 GMT

Knives [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Knives [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Reichu wrote:- Reichu reacts badly to Knives' sarcasm.
- Knives references his own perceived lack of popularity.

Hah! Hee hee.

- 1 drink every time Knives mentions he disagrees with the notion that Rei has Lilith's soul.
- 1 drink every time Knives does the above in regards to Kaworu and Adam.
- 1 drink every time one of Knives' well defended theories is ignored until it vanishes from the main page.
- 2 drinks any time someone actually agrees with Knives (which isn't often [ Image reference Reichu's rule regarding Knives referencing his own perceived lack of popularity and follow accordingly]).
- 2 drinks any time Tines says something scientifical that no one else understands.
- 1 drink every time Reichu asks Tines to explain in simple terms what the shell he's talking about.
- 2 drinks every time the thread about "How do you say 'Evangelion'" is bumped.

I'll try to think of others later.
I figured I'd list these so other people wouldn't feel bad about doing so Image .

Originally posted on: 14-Nov-2004, 08:50 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Knives wrote:- 2 drinks every time the thread about "How do you say 'Evangelion'" is bumped.

I don't think that'll be happening again. I suspect it got either locked or deleted. One moment it was there, the next it was nowhere near the top of the thread list, at any rate. Good thing, too. Monkey's pictures of Miyamoto pulling funny faces were starting to scare me.

Originally posted on: 14-Nov-2004, 08:54 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”