Kaworu Nagisa and the Imaginary Monoliths

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Episode 02 sill violates teh l4ws of fysixx0rz.

Only the boring ones. Like gravity.

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:And there's the matter of Lillith magically regenerating her legs...

E=MC^2 => M=E/C^2

With enough energy, you can theoretically create mass. So with the Lance of Longinus....

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 18:46 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Actually, that equation is bullsh1t. Why? Because you can't square the speed of light. It's a rate. You can't square a rate. If you try to square the speed of light, you get units of area per second per second, which might apply to a painter after having a few cups of coffee, but has no bearing on the mass-energy relationship.

Don't look at me funny just because I think that I'm right and Einstein was wrong...

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 18:56 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

errr, are you serious? Did you take physics in highschool? Speed of Light, m/s, when you square that, you get m^2/s^2. Why does meters squared (note that this is NOT area) per seconds squared not apply to a mass energy relationship?

Simple stuff really:
E (N x m) = m (kg) x c (m/s)^2 Where N=Newtons=(kg x m)/s^2 , kg=kilograms (using kg instead of g to make this easier), m=meters, s=seconds:
(kg x m^2)/s^2 = (kg) x m^2/s^2 = (kg x m^2)/s^2

Edit: I just realized FC isn't going to be able to reply, statements like his previous one scare me like the Flat Earth Society does.

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 22:08 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

I long for the day the Flat Earth Society falls off the Earth.

In other news:

1) I have yet to determine my opinion on the scene.
2) The point is...oh,. screw it, Fuzzy's banned and the point is moot.

@Reichu: Okay, I've had it, seriously. No offense and no hostility, but please STOP hinting at all this crap until you have something to show us, PLEASE. The way you phrase things makes me feel a little uneasy (stop being intellectually lazy? Some of us don't have the benefit of knowing virtually everything that's been discovered/posted in the forum, for various reasons). I've been following the proper "methods", so to speak, to follow the show's whatnots in order to try and determine some things on my own, and magically enough, it's been working. However, I still don't see ANY POSSIBLE WAY that the SEELE monoliths in the scene could possibly be the Angel's souls.

So, in a nutshell, Treize is very annoyed for once. Please don't misunderstand, Reichu -- Treize harbors no ill will. XP

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2006, 00:44 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Well Treize I think your out of luck getting a response from Reichu at least for today, she's hasn't posted since this morning and it wasn't a very nice post. She was on at EvaMonkey for a few minutes this afternoon but didn't post there either.
I hate this shitty old laptop, no AIM, no favorites list, no nothing... I hope I can get my other computer fixed soon....before I go bonkers.

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2006, 01:53 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Reichu wrote:So, the Apostles have been ritualistically slaughtered. Their bodies have been destroyed. Their souls liberated from their cores. Well, we are never told that their souls just evaporate or vanish into thin air, are we?

You think it has something to do with the way Rei still seems to be lingering around at the end?

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2006, 18:57 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Treize X wrote:However, I still don't see ANY POSSIBLE WAY that the SEELE monoliths in the scene could possibly be the Angel's souls.

That's your prerogative.

So, in a nutshell, Treize is very annoyed for once. Please don't misunderstand, Reichu -- Treize harbors no ill will. XP

I tried to make people aware of it, but I've been in a very strange mind-state since the holidays, hence the weird and hyperactive posting on my part. Sometimes you don't realize your mistakes until it's "too late", the damage has been done, and the damage keeps on coming. Not many seem to be willing to "forgive and forget" any time soon -- and that's hoping some of the more extreme cases do at all. Pretty crazy, considering this is, ultimately, "Just a cartoon." Or so I've been told.

So I am going to make a concerted effort -- although it will be hard -- not to so much as allude to what I've been figuring out over here, and not participate in a single debate where this controversial stuff is involved, because I am psychically exhausted and the climate here is on a very sharp edge indeed.

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2006, 19:50 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Reichu wrote:So I am going to make a concerted effort -- although it will be hard -- not to so much as allude to what I've been figuring out over here, and not participate in a single debate where this controversial stuff is involved, because I am psychically exhausted and the climate here is on a very sharp edge indeed.

I would regard the atmosphere as stotic rather than stormy, with onimous looking depressions turing out to be nothing more than light spats. Recent downpours have lead to some myred moods, but overall, the moisture has done the climate good. And with Fuzzy's departure, I think there may be a silver lining on the horizon.

Originally posted on: 03-Feb-2006, 19:58 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

I liked Fuzzy...poor guy....he just was acting stupid. Does anyone know if his banning was permanent?

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 08:33 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

OMF wrote:Only the boring ones. Like gravity.

E=MC^2 => M=E/C^2

With enough energy, you can theoretically create mass. So with the Lance of Longinus....

We've been talking about how the S2 is helical in shape. Well so is the lance of longinus....and Lilith gains her energy from the Lance. Is it possible that the lance is an S2 or a modified one. And when Yui removed the lance at the end of EoE she seem to "power down" after words. Could she have added her own S2 to the lance and somehow completed it. Just some brain vomit.

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 01:24 GMT

AsukaxSohryux [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaxSohryux [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Hmm, what do you mean by completing the Lance, was'nt the Lance already completed, but was used for completing the Red Earth ritual?

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 01:31 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

I don't know complete is just a word I'm using. The lance had two helical ends after the Eva ejected it, therefore it was added to or altered in some way. May Yui was quiting godhood by ejecting her own S2 in some way. She was a member of SEELE, and they did beleive that the creation of a god was a bad thing, maybe she beleived it was a necassary evil to be a god temporarily.

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 01:49 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

The LnY had changed shape before (when revving up to take out Arael, for example); and even the imitations are capable of significant changes. I'm guessing a sort of wellstone/utility-fog hybrid material.

I wasn't so surprised at Yui "powering down" - a case of "wake me up in a few thousand years when we reach another suitable planet".

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 07:10 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

But the Lance never loses its Helical shape....I think that might be important.

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 11:21 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I wasn't so surprised at Yui "powering down" - a case of "wake me up in a few thousand years when we reach another suitable planet".

It'd only take that long? Image

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 12:41 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Reichu wrote:It'd only take that long? Image

I'm presuming that between S2 to power and LnY to propel she can do noticeably better than 1970s era launchers. Of course, she could take the Pioneer/Voyager style slow boat to the stars and say "million" instead of "thousand".

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 13:18 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 pm

But where is she going? Wouldn't she have to pick a nice planet in advance? (A little astronomy research before the CE, all that...) Wait, I think we already talked about this one.

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 15:17 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Back to the lance, after she...ejected it it had two dual ends......almost like it was supposed to and she just finished the job by adding her own S2 to it, maybe making it more powerful or something. This is all assmuming the S2 is helical.
And when we first saw Arimisael she/he was helical as well and could change shape. So is Arimasael's shape related to the S2 in some way?

Originally posted on: 04-Feb-2006, 15:22 GMT

bjamieson [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bjamieson [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 pm

W.T.F.

Granted, I merely skimmed through the 10 pages comprising this thread - but I read something about the scene of Kaworu talking to SEELE in eps 24' as not really happening, the SEELE monoliths representing the Angels' souls, bizarre ban threats and something about virgins taking birth control.

So, yeah... wtf?

In order -

Eps 24' scene did not happen (SEELE wasn't really there): Inconsequential at best. What exactly is the impact of this, if it's true? We're not discounting the information gained from the scene are we? No. What's the value? What does this add to further understanding Evangelion? As far as can tell, there is nothing. The Director's Cut scenes were put in there specifically to tidy up loose ends and clarify points (even if the ideas behind them were in retrospect). Looking further than that and stating that there's something more to it than that is totally unnecessary.

Monoliths = Angel Souls: How exactly is it possible for the 15 SEELE monoliths to represent the souls of the dead Angles when there are only... ehhhh... 15 of them? There were 16 angels dead by this point. Why is Kaworu/Tabris labled 16th on that diagram? Why is Armisael labled 15th?

Armisael is the 16th Angel.

I hope someone pointed this out already.

Ban threats: Mods, lighten up.

Virgins on birth control: What a waste! Call me when you change your mind... or turn 18. Whichever comes first, beby. Image

Thus, in conclusion:
• Episode 24' scene probably did happen because there's no logical reason for it to not have (Occam's Razor also agrees with me).
• The monoliths are not symbolic Angel souls.
• Mods need to calm down
• Sex is teh awesome.

Thank you.

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2006, 06:32 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 pm

bjamieson wrote:Monoliths = Angel Souls:[/b] How exactly is it possible for the 15 SEELE monoliths to represent the souls of the dead Angles when there are only... ehhhh... 15 of them? There were 16 angels dead by this point. Why is Kaworu/Tabris labled 16th on that diagram? Why is Armisael labled 15th?

Armisael is the 16th Angel.

I hope someone pointed this out already.

We're not talking about the enumeration of "Angels" here; we're talking about Adam's individual children in the order of their respective hatchings and deaths. Israfel is two different individuals ("Kou" and "Otsu"). Fifteen dead (= disembodied souls) total, just as per the image here.

Originally posted on: 16-Feb-2006, 09:17 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”