Shinji and Asuka

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

He seemed a little put off by the fact that Asuka, despite her whole "Look at me! I'm an adult!" thing, reveals herself to be little more than a child, too. "So much for the big girl that I thought I could look up to! Too bad I'll be swallowing those words later."

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 03:34 GMT

MagicianCamille [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MagicianCamille [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Digitalex wrote:That's just less competition for us right?

I'm actually not that attracted to Asuka, besides, I have a girlfriend. Image

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 03:37 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

MagicianCamille wrote:I'm actually not that attracted to Asuka, besides, I have a girlfriend. Image

Neither am I. I just play like I am on teh int4rw3b. It's fun although my ex-GF was wee-bit b!tchy like Asuka. Image

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 03:39 GMT

Joeshie [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Joeshie [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Gandalf452 wrote:LOL I guess it doesnt really matter. If we'll fast forward to later that night Shinji is about to kiss her but is put off in turn when she starts saying "mommy" in her sleep. So maybe Shinji is rejected by this, which is why he doesnt pursue Asuka?

I suppose he is rejected because he in a way is pissed off at her. Earlier she had been berating him for acting like a child and here she is crying for her mother. Asuka is a hypocrite. Of course, she is probably just mocking that which she fears in herself. A way of shielding herself from her own weakness.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 04:50 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 pm

I've just sat though - you could hardly call it "playing" - Girlfriend of Steel 1. While those of you who would say that a videogame can hardly constitute evidence are entirely correct, it is instructive to note to what degree those who programmed this game do seem to share my views.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 17:48 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Soluzar wrote:I've just sat though - you could hardly call it "playing" - Girlfriend of Steel 1. While those of you who would say that a videogame can hardly constitute evidence are entirely correct, it is instructive to note to what degree those who programmed this game do seem to share my views.

Hmmm...looks like I'll "play" GOS1 this weekend. I did get bored after a few clicks but then again, it was 3am and I needed to get to a 9am meeting.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 18:02 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Digitalex wrote:Hmmm...looks like I'll "play" GOS1 this weekend. I did get bored after a few clicks but then again, it was 3am and I needed to get to a 9am meeting.

You know, I really don't reccomend it. It's even mostly devoid of fanservice, for those whose boat that floats. You get an unprecedented look at Asuka's bottom in the first few minutes, but nothing much (unless you are a Shinji-fanbeing!) for the rest of the game.

Possible candidate for Funniest Line EVAR:

Kaji: Ohayo, Shinji-kun! Come and take a look at my watermelons, on your way back! Image

It's just so inane! Plus, the real reason I think it's funny is because I'm getting ReImageEATH flashbacks. Image

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 18:05 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Soluzar wrote:You know, I really don't reccomend it. It's even mostly devoid of fanservice, for those whose boat that floats. You get an unprecedented look at Asuka's bottom in the first few minutes, but nothing much (unless you are a Shinji-fanbeing!) for the rest of the game.

Possible candidate for Funniest Line EVAR:

Kaji: Ohayo, Shinji-kun! Come and take a look at my watermelons, on your way back! Image

It's just so inane! Plus, the real reason I think it's funny is because I'm getting ReImageEATH flashbacks. Image

LOL!!!! I feel obligated to suffer...ahem...play through it since it is already on my PC. Besides I can "sit" through it while I wait for my Platinum footage to finish converting.

I think I saw the Asuka fan service scene. Was that when she came out of the shower and looked out on the ledge with Shinji staring behind her?

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 18:28 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Digitalex wrote:LOL!!!! I feel obligated to suffer...ahem...play through it since it is already on my PC. Besides I can "sit" through it while I wait for my Platinum footage to finish converting.

I think I saw the Asuka fan service scene. Was that when she came out of the shower and looked out on the ledge with Shinji staring behind her?

That's the one. Shinji gets a darn good look at everything she's got. He sees more of her, in fact, than I recall him seeing of his girlfriend, Mana.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 18:36 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Soluzar wrote:That's the one. Shinji gets a darn good look at everything she's got. He sees more of her, in fact, than I recall him seeing of his girlfriend, Mana.

That's the way it should be. Image

Mana... Image_

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 19:09 GMT

Gandalf452 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gandalf452 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Joeshie wrote:I suppose he is rejected because he in a way is pissed off at her. Earlier she had been berating him for acting like a child and here she is crying for her mother. Asuka is a hypocrite. Of course, she is probably just mocking that which she fears in herself. A way of shielding herself from her own weakness.

Yes and no. One cant really be held accountable for things they say/do in thier sleep. If they were i'd be in the doghouse even more than I am now. Image

Originally posted on: 26-May-2005, 08:12 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Soluzar wrote:Is it just my imagination, or has he (Shin-seiki) been conspicuously absent just of late? Is he quite alright?

Yeah, he's fine; he was just here (my house, not the forum) last evening watching Snow Fairy Sugar, Urusei Yatsura and Steel Angel Kurumi. He's probably just having trouble adjusting to his new work hours. He's going from working nights to days the next three months.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 21:14 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

There's that, and the fact that I have a new computer in the house, with which I've been spending a lot of my spare time the last week or so setting up, and explaining a new OS (Mac 10.4) to my dad.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 21:31 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Soluzar wrote:That's the one. Shinji gets a darn good look at everything she's got. He sees more of her, in fact, than I recall him seeing of his girlfriend, Mana.

That depends on whether or not Mana jumps Shinji after she lets him, er, inspect her for injuries... yeah, that's it...

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 22:27 GMT

MagicianCamille [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MagicianCamille [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Shin-Seiki and Wayne spent an evening together.

Originally posted on: 25-May-2005, 22:30 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Hey, we're famous: someone on rec.arts.anime.misc just linked to this thread.

Originally posted on: 01-Oct-2005, 02:33 GMT

insight [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby insight [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:17 pm

w00t for fame (if you call that fame :/)

Originally posted on: 01-Oct-2005, 02:43 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

saiyajin prince wrote:R$enewal is just a rematered version on theseries and the movies with hours and hours of never before seen footage.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is this?

BTW, this was a most informative thread

Originally posted on: 07-Oct-2005, 08:55 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Ornette wrote:Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is this?

Read this. And that "hours and hours of new footage" part is bullcrap. (Yeah, it may be irony, but I'm not going to bother to check the context.)

Originally posted on: 06-Oct-2005, 21:01 GMT

DufFuS101 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DufFuS101 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Hey, this thread is still alive? Makes me feel like I need to post more often. I can always make another favorite pairings thread.

Originally posted on: 10-Oct-2005, 02:22 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”