The NGE Fan-Geeks Commentary Project

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

RyoTD [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RyoTD [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Miss Stress

Image Image

Originally posted on: 30-Jun-2005, 19:50 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

I'm sure he's called her more. Image * Miss Stress's title*
Perhaps.

Originally posted on: 30-Jun-2005, 19:53 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Hey, all. I've been kinda busy the past couple of days and ignoring my various pawns, but I'll get back to everybody soon-ish. Meantime, I've been slaving away at episode #05, reminding myself how completely grueling this part of the job is. I'll try not to think about how many episodes are left to go...

Originally posted on: 04-Jul-2005, 03:51 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Reichu wrote:Hey, all. I've been kinda busy the past couple of days and ignoring my various pawns

It is a holiday weekend for you - you are allowed to have a little time off. All work and no play, that sort of thing.

Originally posted on: 04-Jul-2005, 07:25 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Well, for me, right now, EVERY day is a "day off". So I don't have many excuses. Image

Originally posted on: 04-Jul-2005, 20:26 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

And the only price you have to pay is people constantly asking "Are you getting a job?", da ne?

Originally posted on: 04-Jul-2005, 13:04 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Reichu wrote:While a new site layout and the forum are in the cooker, I've contemplated additional changes that should be made. I think one big one would be to an overhaul of the 'personnel' sections -- a division into "Contributors" and "Acknowledgments".

Contributors would be a listing of all those who have contributed something specifically to the project. It would have the basic info -- alias, real name, homeland, lot in life -- but 'role' would be eliminated (thank gawd). The blurbs I wrote up will be replaced with a short blurb you write about yourself -- just the basics of who you are and what NGE means to you.

This part concerns me a little, entertainment-wise... Although I wholeheartedly agree that adding in some personal touch is a good thing in a project like this, with this approach we may run into stylistic problems. Since this is an open project, people will come and go as they please and not all of them will bother to write such descriptions for themselves.

Now one may ask, so what? Just let Reichu (or someone else with skillz) write the lazy bastard's blurbs. And there's nothing wrong with that in itself, but if we think about the bigger picture, that would make the Contributors-page quite messy, with some blurbs written from first and some from third person point of view. Compared to this alpha version we currently have, that would feel... less organized, if you understand what I mean.

Also, if the commentators get to write their own personal files, there's a risk they might leave out the most juiciest (read: embarassing) details about themselves and their forum careers. Therefore I support the third person POV model where our beloved amazon commander introduces her troops. Through Reichuvision our miserable lives will make a better read!

Hopefully this doesn't make me sound like a complete militant. People, chip in your opinions if you, like, give a crap.

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 22:53 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:59 pm

I'll have to agree with Dr. Nick here, while writing our own blurbs would be fun and add a bit of personal touch, not everyone is going to care to actually make theirselves such a profile. And, well, a mix of Reichu blurbs and self blurbs would be kind of... no, quite disorganized. Organization-wise, Commentary 1.0 is nearly flawless, save some minor details that most people would hardly and quite possibly never notice. But that mix, well, one wouldn't help but notice. XD

And no, Doc, you don't sound militant at all. Image

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:16 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Okay, yeah, good point. Scratch that idea.

I'll still take the other infos, though.

And... OMFG! Scene 1 of episode #05 is finished! OMFG!!!!!

:slinks off to continue suffering over scene 2:

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:23 GMT

RyoTD [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RyoTD [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

!!! There is actually PROGRESS?! Image

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:37 GMT

Z Metalla [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Z Metalla [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

That's good to hear, boss. Image Have any estimate as to when Ep. 5 will be complete? Image

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:43 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Ryo, I find your lack of faith disturbing. Trust me, the next update will r0xx0r j00r s0xx0rz.

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:43 GMT

RyoTD [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RyoTD [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Yeah, and it will be the first time I'll be able to actually contribute. I've been waiting for, like, five months now.

Originally posted on: 25-Jul-2005, 23:46 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

A question to our manboat captain: Are you planning planning to release the new updates as a one big heart-attack-inducing chunk or little by little? (I assume nothing will be added on the site before the commentary forum is up and running?)

Originally posted on: 01-Aug-2005, 23:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Hmm... I was thinking of doing the "heart-attack-inducing-chunk" thing, but I might get a heart attack simply trying to accomplish that. I'll see how far along I am (not) when Mr. Tines finishes the new layout. The chap is at a geek-fest at the moment, so that gives me a little time to work my arse off!

:wanders off to recuperate from "Army of Darkness" and muse about Smelly Boy's essay:

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 01:03 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Reichu wrote::wanders off to recuperate from "Army of Darkness" and muse about Smelly Boy's essay:

Ash from housewares?

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 05:44 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Vicil [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Dear Author's of the fan geeks commentarry.

I know we don't get along, but I have a blarg that you can use for your project concerning the ending credits.

As I read, I noticed that you touched on the mystery of why Rei is featured upside down, spinning and slowly panning down the frame but I don't feel it was all too clear enough. Thanks to my new infatuation with NIN I recently interpreted this as "The Downward Spiral" Image . I think it's anno's way of communicating what Rei represents in the series -- a false happiness that will lead you to ruin.

You also note that Rei is linked to the moon through several visual keys, and that's true. It also carries on further in the series in the ending where Asuka is linked to the sun and Shinji is linked to the earth. In the movie, where we witness the fake universe in the sea of LCL; the moon is above Rei and the Earth is below Shinji. In the series ending you see the sun moon and earth under Asuka, Rei and Shinji's feet created by the spotlight in Shinji's theatre. And at the end of the movie when Yui states "As long as the sun, moon and Earth exist, everything will be alright." that reveals another interesting dynamic.

I'm sure you get where I'm coming from if you don't already know yourself, and you're putting in the time to find the resources -- I haven't read this very long and quirky topic; I'll let you gang ponder anything else it ties into. I'm not much for exploring Eva these days.

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 07:21 GMT

insight [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby insight [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 pm

I would like to join the commentary project. I was wondering if there are just certain set times that everyone contributes to each screen cap or if we just post randomly on this thread or what? I was reading it and it said we do the work here if I remember correctly, can anyone help me out?

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 15:18 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 pm

We used to randomly post in (different)desinated threads for each ep, as well as the OP and ED. Now, the site is under renovations, which will include seperate forums for this. It's fun. Image

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 18:20 GMT

insight [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby insight [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 pm

alright, i'll keep a lookout for them.

Originally posted on: 02-Aug-2005, 18:46 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”