Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:46 am

I would like to sign up, please.
Even in death, I still nerd.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

Send a PM to both me and Ornette (mention that you want to join for his case), and mention an email ID. Whoever gets to see it first will send an activation email.

P.S. If you're interested in editing the commentary rather than the wiki, you're out of luck...we're not adding any commentary editors at the moment.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Could I register please?
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:08 pm

check your email.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

-
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Put me on a waiting list or something. I would like to be a scribe, but I'm not sure if I have the time, I'm not sure how useful I would be being that I only know two languages, English and Bad English, and I have my own work. But put me on a list, and if you find something you think I have the time and skills to handle, just give me a poke.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Same here. I'm pretty good in anything Eva-related (watched everything except D&R) and my English is good too. Way I saw, the wiki lacks a bit in Rebuild-related materials, I can fix that.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 am

I would like to join too. I've seen a few trivial mistypes and mistakes along the way and tried to fix them but I couldn't.
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

KusanagiShiro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KusanagiShiro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 am

I'd like to contribute to the wiki, as I have played some of the Eva video games in the past, and know a thing or two about the credits from them.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:And don't hesitate to lather up the poor neglected wiki with your love, too, EvangelionFan! <3

K. Stuff I can do:
- Writer/Editor Extraordinaire: I can proof read, write (condition: readily available quality source(s)) and assist others in their writing/editting efforts across the EvaWiki.
- Fast Learner: I am fairly apt with familiarising, understanding and operating computer programs / stuff from scratch. By looking at the 'For Noobs' page on the EvaWiki, I think I shouldn't have much trouble. I just need to find time to experiment with the system and find my bearings and then I should be good to go.
- Find Stuff: I admit the search function for the boards isn't the best, however I will happy to search the boards for specific items/translations/topics for people that are searching for stuff or need that extra something.
- Perfectionist: if see something I don't like, I will [s]purge[/s] improve it.

What I could probably write for starters:
- Articles for the NGE I-III and EoE OSTs. Admittedly, most of what I know about these I saw on Wikipedia. I'll take a look at the source(s) they used sometime, if they're agreeable I'll use them along with anything else I/we can dig up (e.g. credits, cue names, etc). Pointers would be appreciated, and if anyone happens to have a copy of any of these I would very much appreciate some scans of the album art to use in the article.
- Articles for Campus Apocalypse and Shinji Ikari Raising Project Manga. In the former case I'm not fond of the strange indenting that's going on; plus it's a bit of a mess having all of the volume briefs on the same page so I'd like to create seperate articles for each volume and the contained stages one by one as the translations come out. As for SIRP, there isn't much there but I think I can work with it starting with pretty much the same stuff as CA: seperate articles for each volume, volume cover scans (in English), publication info (for Jap and Eng editions). So on so forth.
- If anyone is intent on writing about FanFictions, I'd be happy to contribute with regards to the works of Gregg Landsman, Grummancat, SSD, SoulAssassin and JimmyWolk.

NOTE
Since last week I've officially returned to University for my full-time three-year Bachelor of Writing degree. As such I expect that most of my contributions to the Wiki will be in assisting others and editing the occassional article; any dedicated work (such as the above CA/SIRP ideas) is best left until holiday breaks when I'll have plenty of time to work with the EvaWiki.

So uh, Cheers.
Voluntary Illusion.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:09 am

I'd like to sign up, please. The Japanese Video Releases wiki page could use a little cleanup (which is mostly my fault) :)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 pm

EvaFan & svenge: Check your e-mails.

Looks like everyone from Ornette's last post on has been added except doggy. @Other Staff: Was there a reason for this? The noncommittal tone?

@EvaFan: Your plan of action sounds great. I hope you stick around. :kawaii: Some comments:

> write (condition: readily available quality source(s))

What do you mean? That you have sufficiently detailed materials / resources to base your article additions upon?

> By looking at the 'For Noobs' page on the EvaWiki, I think I shouldn't have much trouble.

You're referring to the "Boot Camp" page, right? Thanks for reminding me about that... (It could definitely stand to have the rambling V-rhetoric excised and additional how-to factoids put in place.)

> Find Stuff: I admit the search function for the boards isn't the best, however I will happy to search the boards for specific items/translations/topics for people that are searching for stuff or need that extra something.

Is this referring to "Sauce Nazi"?

> Articles for the NGE I-III and EoE OSTs. Admittedly, most of what I know about these I saw on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is a good start. Additional info can be gleaned from the web by searching for the CDs' catalog numbers. I probably have some scans deep in the catacombs of my image archive.

> Articles for Campus Apocalypse and Shinji Ikari Raising Project Manga. (etc.)

Yes please! All of the manga-related sections on the character pages are very much lacking, too.

> If anyone is intent on writing about FanFictions, I'd be happy to contribute with regards to the works of Gregg Landsman, Grummancat, SSD, SoulAssassin and JimmyWolk.

Definitely. We badly need a page detailing various fanfic writers and their notable works. I'm not worried about "notability" at the moment; just add what you know.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:04 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:What do you mean? That you have sufficiently detailed materials / resources to base your article additions upon?

In the past whenever I've written essays for uni I've been very picky about the content of the articles that I'd use as source material.
I was referring to the Boot Camp page, and I suppose I was also referring to the 'Sauce Nazi' bit too >.>

View Original PostReichu wrote:Wikipedia is a good start. Additional info can be gleaned from the web by searching for the CDs' catalog numbers. I probably have some scans deep in the catacombs of my image archive.

I'll re-read the Wikipedia article/sources tonight and search about with the catelog numbers. If you happen to find any scans in your image archive (should you find free time to do so) could you please send me a PM with the details? Cheers!

I've no problems with writing about the spin-off manga since most of the information about them is in the books (translation/editing/publishing info etc) or available on sites I'm familiar with. As for storyline(s) info, I'll wait until my semester finishes in May so I can re-read SIRP and CA.

About the Fanfiction/Fanfic Authors; is it okay for us to include links to their work pages on the boards, Fanfiction.net profile pages and any other websites they might use to host/share their work (JimmyWolk's personal site, for instance)? Also, I'll likely begin by detailing their notable works as you said (with publication info where applicable) and giving a few sentences to outline the stories (but not spoil them).
Voluntary Illusion.

KimchiBagel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KimchiBagel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 am

I'd love to sign up for the wiki. I've seen all kinds of errors that I would love to fix on a lot of pages (I forgot which one, but one page even says Toji was the pilot of EVA-04 TWICE). Grammatical errors also seem to plague the wiki. :(

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Pilot of Eva-04... :facepalm: Our poor, poor Wiki!

Check your PM box.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:About the Fanfiction/Fanfic Authors; is it okay for us to include links to their work pages on the boards, Fanfiction.net profile pages and any other websites they might use to host/share their work (JimmyWolk's personal site, for instance)? Also, I'll likely begin by detailing their notable works as you said (with publication info where applicable) and giving a few sentences to outline the stories (but not spoil them).

Linking to where their work is available seems to be a pretty natural thing to do. I say go for it.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Reichu's announcement has inspired me to volunteer. I can add some pictures to the rebuild pages and expand on some of the info.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I'd like to join. I'm a pretty decent editor, and know enough about NGE that I won't embarrass myself.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Check your email.

Also a quick reminder for people uploading images.

Make sure to check if the image you want to upload is already in the wiki, there's thousands of images there, and a good chance that what you're looking for (especially if it's a screenshot) is already in there. You can see some of the categories here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Category:Images

Screenshots are divided by episode, and you can also use FGC (the commentary) images which are prefaced with "FGC".

If you can't find the image, when you upload an image make sure that:
1) The physical resolution is not exceedingly large. I don't know what the limits are but I tried uploading 2300x1700 or so resolution scans and the wiki just pukes.
2) The physical size in bytes of the image doesn't exceed the recommended limits. If it's borderline, that's fine, if it's very large, the wiki will puke.
(These last 2 things cause pages to come up blank)
3) Most importantly, you need to add your image to a category. You do this by putting in the "Summary" a link to a category.

For example:

[[Category:Images (Episode 25' Screenshots)]]

or

[[Category:Images (Comparison)]]

or

[[Category:Images (Publications)]]

This will make it so other people can find your image and use it instead of uploading the same ones over and over again with no way of finding them except to wade through the list of uncategorized files.

Sahaquiel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sahaquiel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 am

I would really like to become one. :harpy_liplick:
?????????????

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”