Interesting little details in 2.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

[REDACTED]

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm

EDITED 'cause SSD's too fast for me. :rei_blush:
Last edited by Killer Bee on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Core splitting tangent moved to this thread: have at it over there. ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:06 pm

This image is from after the Unit 03 incident

the odd thing is that Asuka's doll and other belongings that where in that dressing room/transport car thing are all in this clear almost hazmat like container, anyone have any ideas as too why? Because to the best of my knowledge Asuka didn't have any of those items inside Unit 03 during the test so they wouldn't be contaminated.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:This image is from after the Unit 03 incident

the odd thing is that Asuka's doll and other belongings that where in that dressing room/transport car thing are all in this clear almost hazmat like container, anyone have any ideas as too why? Because to the best of my knowledge Asuka didn't have any of those items inside Unit 03 during the test so they wouldn't be contaminated.

Right she had all of those things with her when Unit 03 was activated so they're most likely just in that case/box thing to be returned to her/Misato is all.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Yes they should have been disintegrated/damaged/not recoverable because that's kinda silly/whateverthefuck but yeah that's animu for you.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:17 am

The doll is an important plot piece and would have lost any and all significance had it been destroyed.

But yeah, it is pretty "WTF" that it ended up unscathed. What would have truly been symbolic is if they found it damaged, either burned over an eye, or just have the eye missing completely.

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:^ Maybe the cabin that was used to lift Asuka to Eva-03 was a sturdy construct? :shrug:
Last edited by Sachi on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Nebuchadnezzar topic here, with legible image of the teeny-tiny text thanks to 2.0 Complete.

Also thanks to 2.0 Complete, we can now see that the face Asuka sees in her Entry Plug is not Rei I:

"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Key discussion split into the appropriate thread.

And hmm...that image of that little girl. It almost looks like Asuka(?) as a little girl, perhaps? Despite how the eyes look, I mean. Strange but interesting (and creepy) stuff.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Key discussion split into the appropriate thread.

And hmm...that image of that little girl. It almost looks like Asuka(?) as a little girl, perhaps? Despite how the eyes look, I mean. Strange but interesting (and creepy) stuff.

Ya it does look like Asuka as a little girl, but the eyes do seem to be a bit creepy.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:51 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Also thanks to 2.0 Complete, we can now see that the face Asuka sees in her Entry Plug is not Rei I

Indeed. One could wonder how they expected anyone to realize that without the book, though.

Too early to call for sure who it's supposed to be. If Q does open with a mind-rape sequence (as a lot of people have suggested) I'd look for it to be explained there. Could be Bardiel guised as baby Asuka (although Soryu, at least, already had the bangs and twintails as a five-year-old, which this person does not appear to), could be Bardiel guised as distorted Kyoko (if she even exists anymore), could just be an OHSHI- thing without any real importance for the frame-by-framers to spot.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 pm

I would say it's definitely not Rei since the hair is way too long for it to be her.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm with the notion that it's a younger Asuka, or Kyoko. But I'm also wondering if it's possible that it's a personification of Bardiel itself? If we go by the standard in NGE that Angels are humans that rejected human form, then they do perhaps have an inner human self; this creepy face that seems to be firing an eye beam (already associated with Sachiel and Zeruel) could indeed be Bardiel. Or not. I really don't know.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:36 am

Maybe it's setting up a "Q" version of the Rei/Armisael conversation, except with Asuka facing off against her Angel doppleganger.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Ha ha! Foreshadowing.

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm

I just had a horrible thought.

Asuka will be combined with an Angel and will in effect be the last Angel and Shinji will have to kill her with his own hands by choice.

Like what he did with Kaworu in NGE, except here it is a nice duality because he almost killed Asuka with his own hands before AGAINST his will and in the end he will have to do it by choice.

As it stands if Asuka gets out and resumes her life it makes the impact of that scene with her in 03 kind of pointless. And with the new art of her face getting ripped off, Anno clearly wants her to suffer for some reason. We might be thinking she is safe from further mutilation at this point but I don't think so.

I'm sure I am wrong and I hope I am wrong, but as therapy I needed to say that out loud.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:20 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:I just had a horrible thought.

Asuka will be combined with an Angel and will in effect be the last Angel and Shinji will have to kill her with his own hands by choice.

Like what he did with Kaworu in NGE, except here it is a nice duality because he almost killed Asuka with his own hands before AGAINST his will and in the end he will have to do it by choice.

As it stands if Asuka gets out and resumes her life it makes the impact of that scene with her in 03 kind of pointless. And with the new art of her face getting ripped off, Anno clearly wants her to suffer for some reason. We might be thinking she is safe from further mutilation at this point but I don't think so.

I'm sure I am wrong and I hope I am wrong, but as therapy I needed to say that out loud.

I'm fairly certain loads of people (including myself) guessed that this is what would happen in 3.0 shortly after 2.0 was released. Not that I still believe it will happen but...
SPOILER: Show
;___;

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

^^ You make a good point. I don't think too much discussion has been brought up about Asuka being contaminated by the angel. What that means for her I haven't the slightest.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah I know the part about her combing with an Angel has been talked to death, but not really about Shinji having to kill her.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:29 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Yeah I know the part about her combing with an Angel has been talked to death, but not really about Shinji having to kill her.

Well I know that I had jumped to the realization that if Asuka became an angel that she would have to be killed, and the last time something like that happened was the Kaworu thing so it made immediate sense to go in that direction to me, especially if Kaworu is going to play a different role in Rebuild. :(

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”