New Eva 2.22 Scenes revealed!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:(Although apparently the Joseph-Maurice Ravel Version deals with that Rebuild of Eva 1.0 Making of Feature? Gah I'm confused regarding what extra feature corresponds with what. Somebody please explain. T_T )

'
It's the making of 1.0 feature just with different music that's all.

And the that pic of Rei during the sync test scene would look more at home in Gurren Lagann than Eva....
Currently Playing-Battlefield:Bad Company 2 and SF4

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon May 24, 2010 1:41 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:...and apparently Kaji declares his love for Shinji... O_o
Wait, so there's another scene of the sort besides the one with their coffe-date?
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:...all sweet and innocent in order to build up how horrifying it is....
Given that the mass of saccharin Anno dropped at the end of 2.0 nearly ended with everyone dead and halting that might have made things worse for Rei and Shinji; yes, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were the case.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 pm

View Original PostSynapsid wrote:Wait, so there's another scene of the sort besides the one with their coffe-date?
Well, not in the actual movie. And maybe I'm just hearing things as I don't know much Japanese, let alone be able to make out all the nuances of the language, but - it does sound close enough to "aishiteru" and he winks at him while saying so.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm

The scene with Asuka on life support... Oh my God. Profoundly unnerving stuff. The visuals and the sound combine to make a really... jeez, I can't really explain it. It's mildly horrifying and incredibly claustrophobic. If H. R. Giger designed an Aztec sacrificial table for the criminally insane, it'd probably be something like this.

Do you have any screen shots?

That sounds messed up.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon May 24, 2010 4:39 pm

View Original PostThe Goose wrote:Do you have any screen shots?

That sounds messed up.
There's nothing new, just better quality (unless there's another scene of it added; I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet. But I doubt it).
[URL=http://img179.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052423h41m34.png/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img39.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052423h41m43.png/]Image[/URL]

darthikari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby darthikari » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

As creepy as it may seem, NME Ritsuko seems to have taken enough precautions against an EOE "Shinji visits Ausuka in the hospital" scene :asuka_miffed:
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue May 25, 2010 3:21 pm

View Original Postdarthikari wrote:As creepy as it may seem, NME Ritsuko seems to have taken enough precautions against an EOE "Shinji visits Ausuka in the hospital" scene
Everything about it looks more like it’s for containment than life support, and the needles and wires around her aren’t doing anything to change that impression either, they almost make it look like Asukael has hyphae coming out of her. Given that this comes just before Maya and Ritsuko discuss contamination it’s probably intentional. So maybe it’s to keep Asukael from strangling Shinji(which she already did as part of Bardiel) and the rest of NERV.
Oh, and those cylinders surrounding her are supposed to be suppressors, right?
View Original PostNAveryW wrote:http://projectenthalpy.com/synctest.png
You know, palette and hair notwithstanding, Rei and Shinji look almost identical in this shot. And this wouldn't be the only part of the film that has scenes dropped in that highlight the parallels between those two and Yui to a lesser extent (granted they’ve done that since the original EVA), but it seems like they're more aggressive about it this time around, especially if we consider the metaphorical context around having them both dissolve in the same womb in the end.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:There's nothing new, just better quality (unless there's another scene of it added; I haven't actually watched the whole thing yet. But I doubt it).
[URL=http://img179.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052423h41m34.png/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img39.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2010052423h41m43.png/]Image[/URL]

I especially enjoyed the exchange between Maya and Ritsuko.

Valuable specimen (eva 8 pilot) indeed.

all we need is Shinji's little tantrum to have knocked off the power for her to end up dead come 3.0
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm

View Original PostEric Blair wrote:Valuable specimen (eva 8 pilot) indeed.

Pardon?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 pm

According to the previews of 3.0, and judging by what Ritsuko says about why she's not being treated, I'm beginning to think Shikinami's gonna get cloned or something and be the pilot of eva unit 08.

There's nothing to support that assumption, of course... it's just a gut feeling.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Of course! The eyepatch Asuka is the evil twin. I bet by 3.0 she'll have a goatee too. Good work, EB.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Wed May 26, 2010 10:19 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Of course! The eyepatch Asuka is the evil twin. I bet by 3.0 she'll have a goatee too. Good work, EB.

Dunno about the goatee... some people seem to think a hook in her hand and a peg leg is more fitting; then of course, the goatee being par for the course with what Rebuild has made so far, is an option that can't be dismissed.

The other option is Anno will announce a press conference and announce to the world (assuming such a thing) that there will be no 3.0 AND 4.0 as his ultimate revenge to his fans, ending it with something classy, like "Go out and live life" or "problem, otaku?"

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Thu May 27, 2010 11:29 am

Or even better, the new dummy plaug system will be based on Asuka instead of kaworu for MP eva series, which will turn out that she has to fight against herself multiple times!

/fanwank end

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm

My favorite part of the added scenes:

Drunk Misato loves her spinny chair thing...what with how it's a chair...that spins...sentence-ender.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 am

View Original PostNatTheWriter wrote:Drunk Misato loves her spinny chair thing...what with how it's a chair...that spins

Drunk on the job, no less. Good Lord woman, get your act together.

Anyway, i'm glad that they added the scene where Unit-03 is being lifted. Reminds me of the way the God Warrior was flown around in the Nausicaa manga.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Barandax
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Barandax » Sun May 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Not all of these are new but here are a few screens that I enjoyed from 2.22. I will add a few more later and if anybody has some requests I will put those up as well.

http//img39.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=afterbattle.jpg

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Can anyone translate the cut scene with ritchan and Rei ? i dont speak Japanese but that cuted scene gave me vibe that ritchan is slight jealous of Rei.
ANATA BAKA !?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:40 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Can anyone translate the cut scene with ritchan and Rei ? i dont speak Japanese but that cuted scene gave me vibe that ritchan is slight jealous of Rei.

You mean this scene (it isn't a new scene): http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_2.0_%28Translation%29_Page_3 starting at "01:00:36,771 --> 01:00:39,406"?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:You mean this scene (it isn't a new scene): http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_2.0_%28Translation%29_Page_3 starting at "01:00:36,771 --> 01:00:39,406"?

No, no, i mean the one in the extras. Where ritchan inject something on Rei, they have a brief dialogue.
ANATA BAKA !?

Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ark » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Can anyone describe the dialogue in the deleted scene with Asuka on the train?
Maya Ibuki- "We're so lucky to be living in such a wonderful time."

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”