New Pilots (3.0 speculation )

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:if its to correspond to the pilots that they are using then that would mean that Rei's number should be the 0 children(unit 00) and Shinji the 1st children (unit 01)

Rei is the First Girl, Asuka is the Second Girl, and Shinji is the Third Boy. Sorry.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Eva_1.0_Promotional_Posters
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Eva_2.0_Promotional_Posters

(Also, in case you missed it.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

asukafan05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan05 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 am

I believe that the awakening pilot will possibly be Rei II. If it does continue the theory that Rei has a bunch of clones, then maybe this is when Anno wants to show them. I do recall a clip showing Rei and clones at the end of 2.0. Oh and I believe that unit 02 will be reappearing because recently at a convention my brother went to this past weekend, he mentioned a spoiler shot of one of the Mass Produced Evas (looks more monster like with top half similar to original and lower half has arm like appendages) which will be seen in either 3.0 or final. But anyways, there is unit 02 in the picture. Well that's what he described to me. For the other eva's, I think Mari will be the pilot to a new eva like unit 7.

edmundasBakashinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby edmundasBakashinji » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 am

View Original Postasukafan05 wrote:I believe that the awakening pilot will possibly be Rei II. If it does continue the theory that Rei has a bunch of clones, then maybe this is when Anno wants to show them. I do recall a clip showing Rei and clones at the end of 2.0. Oh and I believe that unit 02 will be reappearing because recently at a convention my brother went to this past weekend, he mentioned a spoiler shot of one of the Mass Produced Evas (looks more monster like with top half similar to original and lower half has arm like appendages) which will be seen in either 3.0 or final. But anyways, there is unit 02 in the picture. Well that's what he described to me. For the other eva's, I think Mari will be the pilot to a new eva like unit 7.

possible. Make Shinji feels that there are so many Reis are don't know which one is the one he likes in 2.0...then Kaworu will fit the place of Rei instead, good flow

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: New Pilots (3.0 speculation [spoilers])

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:Misato during the preview for 3.0 says "the awakening of unit 08 and it's pilot."

Not "awakening"; "Quickening" like the title of the movie.

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:43 am

View Original Postasukafan05 wrote:at a convention my brother went to this past weekend, he mentioned a spoiler shot of one of the Mass Produced Evas (looks more monster like with top half similar to original and lower half has arm like appendages) which will be seen in either 3.0 or final.

can i please request a video link/torrent/screen shot if anyone has this please!
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

Which convention? Was this a 2.22 showing? (Source please!)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am

View Original Postasukafan05 wrote:I believe that the awakening pilot will possibly be Rei II. If it does continue the theory that Rei has a bunch of clones, then maybe this is when Anno wants to show them. I do recall a clip showing Rei and clones at the end of 2.0. Oh and I believe that unit 02 will be reappearing because recently at a convention my brother went to this past weekend, he mentioned a spoiler shot of one of the Mass Produced Evas (looks more monster like with top half similar to original and lower half has arm like appendages) which will be seen in either 3.0 or final. But anyways, there is unit 02 in the picture. Well that's what he described to me. For the other eva's, I think Mari will be the pilot to a new eva like unit 7.

Spoiler shot.Yeah,right.Your brother sounds like a liar.Why would they show something from 3.0 or final before the movie was finished?This sounds like BS to be quite honest.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:45 pm

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Spoiler shot.Yeah,right.Your brother sounds like a liar.Why would they show something from 3.0 or final before the movie was finished?This sounds like BS to be quite honest.

Takin to unit 04s side on this one, if there was anything like that, somebody would have taken a dirty snap of it and posted it on the net, either that or Reichu's interdimensional Eva senses would start tingling
On the path to Universal Understanding.

asukafan05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan05 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 am

Hmm... well whether it was BS or not... IDK cause my brother went to the convention because I had work. But I clarified it with him and actually, he doesn't know... so sorry about the info. Oh but the convention that he went to is called Kawaii-kon 2010 here in hawaii.

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 am

View Original Postasukafan05 wrote: I clarified it with him and actually, he doesn't know.

so he doesnt know if he saw the trailer that was never there?

BS detected

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:17 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:so he doesnt know if he saw the trailer that was never there?

BS detected

Alright alright, let's leave it be for a while before it gets locked, my question is pointed towards Asuka, her new plugsuit, it's still red so you think it'll be for Unit 02? Maybe she'll have ZA BEASTO?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 am

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:her new plugsuit, it's still red so you think it'll be for Unit 02? Maybe she'll have ZA BEASTO?

Its a test type suit meaning that its used to test the evangelion, not for actual eva use, and Asuka put in a special request to Misato for it to be red.

and its pronounced DE BISTO

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:Its a test type suit meaning that its used to test the evangelion, not for actual eva use, and Asuka put in a special request to Misato for it to be red.

The one in the trailer for 3.0. Not the one in 2.0.

And it's pronounced "THE BEAST!"... in Engrish.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:The one in the trailer for 3.0. Not the one in 2.0.

And it's pronounced "THE BEAST!"... in Engrish.

sorry i didnt notice we were talking about the 3.0 plugsuit.
maybe she has a special plugsuit with more life support mechanisms?

i dunno,
we assume she was in the hospital for a short time if she is piloting in the next movie and mental contamination may have made her a super psycho or a Shinji clone.

they possibly added some new additions to her plugsuit to help her live if she does become suicidal (hence more life support) or possibly something to help her better synch with unit 02 since mari forced it to abandon its "human side" and to further stop contamination.

Maybe all of the pilots are getting new plugsuits to match the ones that Kaworu and mari have, you never know

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 am

View Original Postasukafan05 wrote:recently at a convention my brother went to this past weekend, he mentioned a spoiler shot of one of the Mass Produced Evas (looks more monster like with top half similar to original and lower half has arm like appendages) which will be seen in either 3.0 or final.
Nope, that's just what they look like in Evangelion Anima.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:21 am

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Nope, that's just what they look like in Evangelion Anima.

reference picture of the MP evas from anima please

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 am

[URL=http://img293.imageshack.us/i/mpevanima.png/]Image[/URL]

They're not a pretty sight.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 am

I thought that was the "Angel Carrier" or something.

:goes to redownload Anima scans before she makes a bigger ass of herself:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:07 pm

I think they're the same thing.

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm

View Original PostRodeo wrote:I think they're the same thing.

they arent. I looked it up
the MP evas in anima have more muscular upper bodies and dont have exposed ribs or bones.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”