Mass Produced Evangelion in The rebuild series?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Could it be that "SEELE's children" only refers to Children manufactured by SEELE? That would seem to be Rei and Kaworu, if their backstories are anything like those of their NGE predecessors (and assumption I'm not quite willing to make, but still . . . ).

It's all so maddeningly vague. I think I understand it, but then come up with another way to interpret it and realize I don't understand anything at all. :(
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

boyfrand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby boyfrand » Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Could it be that "SEELE's children" only refers to Children manufactured by SEELE? That would seem to be Rei and Kaworu, if their backstories are anything like those of their NGE predecessors (and assumption I'm not quite willing to make, but still . . . ).

If in fact they are still trying to make NME understandable/accessible to new fans, then this would make sense. But does khara even care about that part of the NME mission anymore? lol

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:51 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Could it be that "SEELE's children" only refers to Children manufactured by SEELE? That would seem to be Rei and Kaworu, if their backstories are anything like those of their NGE predecessors (and assumption I'm not quite willing to make, but still . . . ).

It's all so maddeningly vague. I think I understand it, but then come up with another way to interpret it and realize I don't understand anything at all. :(

I'm still banking on my Angelic souls hypothesis.

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Sun May 06, 2012 2:29 am

I would hope not on the angelic souls theory of yours, the angels have allways been known be silent enigmatic and mysterious beings(with the exception of a few), to have them inhabit Rei clones and be able to speak would destroy the very essence of what makes them so interesting in the first place
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:21 am

View Original Postfadadio wrote:I would hope not on the angelic souls theory of yours, the angels have allways been known be silent enigmatic and mysterious beings(with the exception of a few), to have them inhabit Rei clones and be able to speak would destroy the very essence of what makes them so interesting in the first place

Damn. Well, I guess it does mean less to squeeze in for 3.0 and FINAL.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

Well, an Angel did inhabit the image of Rei (and speak) once before, so it's not without precedent.

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Well, an Angel did inhabit the image of Rei (and speak) once before, so it's not without precedent.
indeed which I found interesting but Kaworu fills that role the best. My point was that if 4 more angels decided to start talking that is would take away the very essence of what makes them so interesting
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”