Couldn't Ramiel just blast his way into the Geofront?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EVA X
Lilith

Couldn't Ramiel just blast his way into the Geofront?

•      
  •      

Postby EVA X » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm

I mean, why not? His strongest attack blew away an entire mountain. That's gotta account for something when going against the Geofront.
Last edited by EVA X on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:07 pm

And risk killing Lillith? But even if he could avoid that I don't think Ramiel could just shoot straight down.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm

It couldn't shoot down for some reason involving the Earth's magnetic field, gravitational flux, and high concentrations of plotanium in the city's armour.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm

And plot. Don't forget plot.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 pm

If ramiel shot straight down,we wouldnt be able to see it's badass way of shapeshifiting.And that alone made him/her my favorite angel.

EVA X
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby EVA X » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:And risk killing Lillith? But even if he could avoid that I don't think Ramiel could just shoot straight down.

Isn't Lilith far below the Geofront? I don't think his strongest blast could go that deep But probably enough to penetrate a few levels of armor.

Armitage
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Armitage » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm

I think it also depends on the personality of the angel which we sometimes forget they possess . (some spoilers follow)

My guess , actually , is that Ramiel is quite vulnerable despite being a flying fortress . We know that in order to active one of his abilities he needs to expose his core (hence why Misato carries out the seemingly futile attacks so that unit 01 can snipe) . If Ramiel were to power up , charge , and burn through the ground , he might be vulnerable to a direct attack either by 01 or something else . Plus , all of this speculation is assuming that the angels know what's in the geofront .

I actually find it interesting actually that it's not until after ramiel that sahaquiel and ramiel start tearing up NERV hq . My theory is that angel knowledge might be passed on from one incarnation to the next (not sure how kaworu fits into all that) and hence once ramiel breached the geofront , the angels realized what kind of fortification they're dealing with . Hence why they later took on more direct and destructive views towards tokyo-3 .

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Jesus Christ some of you people can squeeze a river from a rock. There isn't even an in-universe explanation for half the dumb shit that happens in *this* universe.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

EVA X
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby EVA X » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Armitage wrote:I think it also depends on the personality of the angel which we sometimes forget they possess . (some spoilers follow)

My guess , actually , is that Ramiel is quite vulnerable despite being a flying fortress . We know that in order to active one of his abilities he needs to expose his core (hence why Misato carries out the seemingly futile attacks so that unit 01 can snipe) . If Ramiel were to power up , charge , and burn through the ground , he might be vulnerable to a direct attack either by 01 or something else . Plus , all of this speculation is assuming that the angels know what's in the geofront .

I actually find it interesting actually that it's not until after ramiel that sahaquiel and ramiel start tearing up NERV hq
. My theory is that angel knowledge might be passed on from one incarnation to the next (not sure how kaworu fits into all that) and hence once ramiel breached the geofront , the angels realized what kind of fortification they're dealing with . Hence why they later took on more direct and destructive views towards tokyo-3 .

Hm, that's probably why Zeruel had such a powerful particle blast. One shot...18 layers, that's no accident.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Did you forget Sachiel blasts through all the levels of the geofront eventually as well? They just vary in power, there's no evidence to support knowledge being passed down. Hell, with few exceptions, the angels just run on the instinct to return to what they think is their mommy.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, in theory, the souls of dead Angels could keep floating around the Tokyo-3 vicinity and whisper Protips to their siblings.

EVA X: Please title your threads descriptively. Half-sentences don't easily convey the subject of the thread, if at all.

Dartz wrote:There isn't even an in-universe explanation for half the dumb shit that happens in *this* universe.

The plus side of fictional universes is that you can make up explanations for everything.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

EVA X
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby EVA X » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Consider it done.

Did you forget Sachiel blasts through all the levels of the geofront eventually as well? They just vary in power, there's no evidence to support knowledge being passed down. Hell, with few exceptions, the angels just run on the instinct to return to what they think is their mommy.

Yeah, he did, but it took some time. Whereas Zeruel, did it in one multi burst blast.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:And risk killing Lillith? But even if he could avoid that I don't think Ramiel could just shoot straight down.

That and due to PIS since the movie would have ended a lot quicker also.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 am

Seeing as how the Angel shot straight through the hills as if they were butter, it would be a very quick efficient way to destroy the very Lilith it was after. Yet another thematic element within Evangelion: Too much power is a bad thing, and causes you to destroy the very things you love.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:04 am

This very same question can be asked for the series Ramiel; both of them share the same answer: plot. Had Ramiel shot straight down, IT'D HAVE BEEN GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Mad
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mad » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Axell wrote:Did you forget Sachiel blasts through all the levels of the geofront eventually as well? They just vary in power, there's no evidence to support knowledge being passed down. Hell, with few exceptions, the angels just run on the instinct to return to what they think is their mommy.

Didn't Sachiel cheat and hit a building? I'm pretty sure he blasts a building which effectively knocks it down into the Geofront.
Lolfreudian

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Dartz wrote: plotanium in the city's armour.

I saw what you did there.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Mad wrote:Didn't Sachiel cheat and hit a building? I'm pretty sure he blasts a building which effectively knocks it down into the Geofront.

One of the city's defenses is to lower the buildings into the Geofront for safekeeping during an Angel attack. When Sachiel began blasting through the Geofront, he probably knocked one of the buildings off its hinges and it fell to Nerv HQ. This doesn't impy that he was cheating, merely that he made it deep enough to actually effect those buildings. Then he blasts again and we see the cross explosion coming from the ceiling of the Geofront, showing that he made it through all the way.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Sachi wrote: Then he blasts again and we see the cross explosion coming from the ceiling of the Geofront, showing that he made it through all the way.

Does that mean that there's two crosses or is it one big joined double cross.....Thingy..
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

He attacks more than once.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”