Rebuild of Eva 2.0 DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:30 pm

I see thanks man

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:12 am

for the people that miss Fuyu's spam on irc

http://evangeliwon.blog107.fc2.com/blog-entry-1000.html

DVD/BD potentially on May 26th

just in time for my birthday

<3

EDIT: actually looking through bablefishing of the post it sounds like it addresses the speculation of that being the release date and not actually confirming it as such. still no proper detail on amazon.co.jp and no obligatory av.watch article, so this might not actually be it.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:21 am

I wouldn't mind a 1.01-esque version of 2.0. I think the camera wobble and darkness issues make it more authentic and more like it was made for theaters. (I'm an art-boob, so that's why I think that way) smirk
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:25 am

Shogo-Kun wrote:I wouldn't mind a 1.01-esque version of 2.0. I think the camera wobble and darkness issues make it more authentic and more like it was made for theaters. (I'm an art-boob, so that's why I think that way) :smirk:

that's silly.

This anime was made digitally and it should be enjoyed as such.

I'm all for film shake, dust and grain, but only where it actually belongs.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm

I certainly prefer the wobbleless and grainless version of 1.X, but I do think that 1.11 exposes a bit too much of the digital side, especially aliasing and blown-up backgrounds. Loss of quality is good for hiding things like that, but it's still... well, it's still loss of quality, obviously.

Also, as much as I prefer a "clean" image, I will say that the film grain in the DVD transfer of Innocence did a good job of making static images seem less static (ironically, by increasing visual static =P).

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:37 pm

2010 spring release I hope? My translator is failing.

if its a 2011 release.......Yeah no way in hell I can wait that long to see it.
Last edited by Orphan Of Darkness on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am

NAveryW wrote:I certainly prefer the wobbleless and grainless version of 1.X, but I do think that 1.11 exposes a bit too much of the digital side, especially aliasing and blown-up backgrounds. Loss of quality is good for hiding things like that, but it's still... well, it's still loss of quality, obviously.

Also, as much as I prefer a "clean" image, I will say that the film grain in the DVD transfer of Innocence did a good job of making static images seem less static (ironically, by increasing visual static =P).

Glad to see someone here agrees with me. Also, the only reason I say that is because 1.11 looks blinding as all hell! I'd prefer 1.01 any day!
Last edited by Shogo-Kun on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long live the EVAs!!

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Taekmkm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:00 am

I don't mind as much, until the last 30 minutes. Then I'm literally just guessing what the hell's going on.
We watched 'The Lion King' in my math class once. After it was over, the teacher passed out worksheets that said: "If the circle of life had a diamter of 46 inches..."

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:20 pm

I can't see myself watching 1.01 ever again after seeing the eyecandy that is 1.11 so I really hope that 2.0 wont have the darkness and grain. but that's just my opinion.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Shogo-Kun wrote:1.11 looks blinding as all hell! I'd prefer 1.01 any day!
Most televisions and media players will allow you to adjust the brightness and contrast. I hope that helps.

I remember that when watching 1.01 on my television, I had to turn the color way, way up. Then I didn't turn it back down and my father thought the contrast in live action programs was way too high.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:for the people that miss Fuyu's spam on irc

http://evangeliwon.blog107.fc2.com/blog-entry-1000.html

<3

EDIT: actually looking through bablefishing of the post it sounds like it addresses the speculation of that being the release date and not actually confirming it as such. still no proper detail on amazon.co.jp and no obligatory av.watch article, so this might not actually be it.

It said the Animate store in Kawaguchi, Saitama, put in their catalogue the BD Eva 2.0 for sale on that date.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:57 am

Just in time for Anno's jubilee :grin:
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm

well, this looks like a nice confirmation but someone please translate the whole thing properly before people start jumping to conclusions

http://evangeliwon.blog107.fc2.com/blog-entry-1043.html

May 26th indeed, but........

babelfish wrote: Far more to 流石, it is the official announcement may have to wait

wut?

babelfish wrote:Well, that is currently registered "DVD" just because of Blu-ray will be released or not yet known and award disks and raw film and accessories.

DVD only at first again?

ZOMG FULL AND PROPER TRANSLATION PLOX

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Bah!!! This sucks! May 26th? Jesus.....11 months after the release of the film. Just ridiculous. Khara better had made the wait worth it what with all their outrageous claims with not being "satisfied with the theatrical cut" and the re-dos ala.....Eva 1.01 and 1.11.

Just churn the muther****** out now on dvd. Jesus! :argh: This wait has been killing me. I've probably watched that damn cam-rip for 2.0 more than 50 times now. :angry!!:

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Google translate got me this.

spoiler for lots of engrish  SPOILER: Show

DVD "Evangelion: fracture EVANGELION: 2.22" 5 月 26 on Sale
Finally confirmed, Geo E has product information on the shops. Release date is confirmed May 26 as a tip a day earlier. "31" set with Rakuten Books you're flying. Following information Geo E merchandise.
[DVD] Evangelion: fracture EVANGELION: 2.22 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE

Version will air the "2.22". Blu-ray is probably the mechanism, "1.21" in movie theaters since Blu-ray update mechanism, so when you edit so I'll add that to the + will the other.
Master status and will also air one of the "dark" instead Firumutereshine specification digital master. When theatrical release, it was found in high quality then some.

Well, that is currently registered "DVD" just because of Blu-ray will be released or not yet known and award disks and raw film and accessories. Standard number "KIBA-1773" and one single notation. Rakuten Books DVD products to the standard two minutes I was registered copies, DVD or the first version, or should have a Blu-ray version. Far more to 流石, it is the official announcement may have to wait.喜Bimashou Toriaezu decisions now released in late May!

Well, stick Kano Hana raw film. I stick it?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:Just churn the muther****** out now on dvd. Jesus! :argh: This wait has been killing me. I've probably watched that damn cam-rip for 2.0 more than 50 times now. :angry!!:
There are other movies, you know...

Well, not that the ANN article says anything more, but here it is. Maybe it'll be updated soon.

EDIT: Oh, note that it's 2.22 and not 2.02. This (hopefully) implies there won't be another version to "have to" buy.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:23 pm

NAveryW wrote:There are other movies, you know...

I'm well aware of that. Its just that I still carry this "want" and indeed a "need" to see this movie in better quality soon. I think of this damn film almost everyday. Call me obsessed or whatever....but even when watching other films and other media i still think of it.

Lucky i got the cam-rip on my handy ipod then i guess. Watching those epic battles in short sessions calms my nerves....LOL. I sound like some drug addict now. :toothy:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:
NAveryW wrote:There are other movies, you know...

I'm well aware of that. Its just that I still carry this "want" and indeed a "need" to see this movie in better quality soon. I think of this damn film almost everyday. Call me obsessed or whatever....but even when watching other films and other media i still think of it.

Lucky i got the cam-rip on my handy ipod then i guess. Watching those epic battles in short sessions calms my nerves....LOL. I sound like some drug addict now. :toothy:

You are FREAKely overOBSSESSED, there i said it.
i want to see eva-02 in full glory more then you, and i'm still waiting.......
ANATA BAKA !?

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hopefully this means that Funi will get the rights to 2.02 soon! :harpy_liplick:
Long live the EVAs!!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 pm

I figured we'd get this information about now.

I'm only speculating but it looks like Khara/Gainax delayed announcing any REAL information concerning this home video release until AFTER Gainax's second Gurren-Lagann film hit home video so as not to distract any attention from it.

May 26th huh? It's great to finally have a release date being thrown about. A whole 11 months after the film premiered. It's so shocking to see how Hollywood and Japan differ in their home video releases. Fox just announced AVATAR (not the Extended Edition natch), even though it's still raking in millions of dollars per week is going to be on DVD before their fiscal year is up- which ends on June 30th. That's at most 6 months between theatrical and video release.

And yeah. Let's hope 2.22 means they've fixed any emArgencies, redrawn, rainbowed, and inserted all new scenes already. So come 2011 right before 3.0 comes out we're not tempted with - "Evangelion 2.222 with 22 new seconds of Mari running her hands up and down her breasts. In BLU-RAY!"

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”