What do you want to see in Q and Final?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:16 am

Sun Stealer wrote:God bless you, Salty. You nailed it on the head. The only thing I can add to this, is that what made this immature piece of crap even worse was the nonsensical pacing, forced plot, OC's that specifically exist to snap our willing suspension of disbelief in half, and confused, copypaste dialogue.

THIS MAN HAS SEEN THE LIGHT.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Well, hasn't there been a change of heart in the consensus about 2.x over recent weeks

Not really. It's just that those who think it's a superb masterpiece are relatively quiet.

And, despite my gripes with the second NME installment, i have to say that i have utmost confidence in Anno and crew being able to pull something truly worthwhile out of their hat for Q/Final.

Though there is the little nagging voice in the back of my mind that tells me i will end up like this (emphasis on what's being said), after watching what's left to be shown.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:32 am

I'd like to see Mari laugh like Sideshow Bob, with Mari's seiyū instead of Kelsey Grammer.
Voluntary Illusion.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:52 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:In fact, it's starting to look like we need to resurrect this thread.

It would have been nice if whoever locked that thread hadn't done it to make it look like I had the last word in. :fuyu_facepalm:

SaltyJoe wrote:i have to say that i have utmost confidence in Anno and crew being able to pull something truly worthwhile out of their hat for Q/Final.

I really think so too and feel that, like it or hate it, 2xx was intentionally set up the way it was. Like somebody else mentioned elsewhere, 1.0/2.0 could have been intentional over-the-top action to make way for any drama/mindfucks/psychological stuff/whatever else that will occur in Q and Final.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Well I'd be glad in that case as I'd have no reason to ever re-watch 1.0 and 2.0.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:Here is what I think everybody wants for Q: whatever evil wizard laid a spell on Anno between 1.xx and 2.xx, I hope he realizes the error of his ways and undoes the curse before Anno further sodomizes his magnum opus(an act known as "mariism" or "doing the Lucas").

what exactly are we unhappy about again? Mari and some more fanservice in 2.xx ? Or was there something else that has rendered 2.xx a steaming pile that I wasn't aware of?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:54 pm

I don't think there's been any real drastic change in people's outlooks towards 2.0. I still love it and while it's not NGE I genuinely enjoy it.

I just think the people who do like the Rebuild franchise can no longer be bothered with a forum that's become predominantly unpleasant. I rarely find myself coming to this website anymore except for the habitual check up for Evangelion announcements.

I used to enjoy the threads on these forums that were genuine back and forth discussions with people about their views and differences regarding Evangelion but lately it's just become a lot of down right negativity & cruel spite that really makes it seem rather pointless to try and throw in your own 2cents. It's like IMDB but with fewer people.

At least that's how I feel now. I don't see the point of making many statements because there will just be a barrage of negativity to follow. And who needs that?

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:11 pm

I wanted Rebuild to fix Evangelion, what I recognized as problems to be changed.

Well I didn't get that. Too bad I guess.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:27 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:stuff about how anno has forgone his artistic integrity.

you guys should make yourselves a banner with this motto. and then you could take pictures, and send them to anno. i bet he would LOL. :tongue:

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I just think the people who do like the Rebuild franchise can no longer be bothered with a forum that's become predominantly unpleasant.

yeah, possibly. i wish every rebuild thread wouldn't veer into how bad 2.xx was. it's even happening outside the rebuild forum, nowadays.

i don't think the defenders of rebuild have gone quiet, necessarily-- it's just that there isn't much to say that's not rehashing what has been said seventy times over. also, we're kind of at a drought period, when it comes to further rebuild scoop. come on, throw us a bone, here, anno! :nyao:

going a bit more to the topic, with a few more angels to go, and unit-00 likely out of order, do you think mari will see fighting again? assuming Asuka comes back and takes her unit-02 back for good, one figures mari will get to pilot one of the new units. hijacking again? or do they actually bring her in as an official pilot? and if that's the case, what about kaworu? is he even within Japanese jurisdiction? would his eva count as one of the three allowed to Japan, or is he a special case?

i think mari's going to pilot again. i would love to see her have a go at kaworu, actually. :toothy:
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

View Original Postcarla wrote:you guys should make yourselves a banner with this motto. and then you could take pictures, and send them to anno. i bet he would LOL. :tongue:

Well, if Anno thinks it's good, I guess it must be. Case closed, folks.

Seriously, is there even a joke somewhere in that post?

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 am

I hope Q and Final come out fantastic, so that years from now inbetween fighting off mutant cannibals and cleaning our guns, we can all talk on this forum about how 1.0, Q, and Final were great movies and try hard to forget about 2.0 ... and the cannibals.
The parts about our postapocalyptic future aside, I'm serious.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:I hope Q and Final come out fantastic, so that years from now inbetween fighting off mutant cannibals and cleaning our guns, we can all talk on this forum about how 1.0, Q, and Final were great movies and try hard to forget about 2.0 ... and the cannibals.
The parts about our postapocalyptic future aside, I'm serious.

Yeah, we'll remember this dark days and laugh!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I want horror. Nightmare-fuel as it's called in some circles. 2.22 got pretty close to having it, but I would love that in the next films. Also, classical music please! And as much as I love the score, I want something as amazing as the End of Evangelion score. I want to be blown away and moved. 1.0 and 2.22 did that to me in their own way, but I want an experience similar to what I had during and after End of Evangelion.

UltraBlackPilot
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby UltraBlackPilot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:31 pm

I wanna see a black character pilot Eva.
Currently dying of love overdose.
It hurts.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am

I have two ideas for the ending that I'd like to see.

1) Shinji and Gendo in a rap battle during instrumentality. Fuyutsuki is Gendo's hype man and Mari is Shinji's. Shinji overcomes the odds and defeats his father.

2) This is basically the ending to Crossroads but Keel is the devil, Kaworu is Steve Vai, and Shinji is Ralph Macchio. Kaworu can't play Paganini so Shinji overcomes the odds and stops instrumentality.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

^:pointlaugh:

Maybe Shinji and Gendo should land up playing extreme beach volleyball while debating Ancient Greek Philosophy? That would make for an awesome ending.

Even more awesome: Shinji launches off an Aircraft Carrier in an F-14 while "Danger Zone" plays. :smirk:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Something that occurred to me on the topic of "Rebuild is NGE but Shinji mans up" -- is Shinji vs Zeruel meant to be the equivalent of the over-cocky Shinji vs Leliel in episode 16?

I know we're not going to get Asuka time in the next movie -- but we could be in for a lot of Shinji angsting in the darkness.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Probably not. The ending is played completely straight; in episode 16, it's obvious Shinji is cruising for a bruising even before he falls into the Dirac Sea.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Well, hasn't there been a change of heart in the consensus about 2.x over recent weeks, now that people have started to look past the shiny and Shinji's white-knight finale!

I remember when I got my wrists slapped by Reichu for likening Anno's return to Eva to Lucas' return to Star Wars -- but now... In fact, it's starting to look like we need to resurrect this thread.

They're all posers, Tines, you and me were the original ones... as much as it makes me sick to my stomach to realize you and I have actually have some common footing ground. :smirk:

What I want to see in Q/Final?

I want to know what the deal is with Tuniel, what the hell happened to Bethesda or wherever the heck 2.XX started, as well as Golgotha, and any other Nerv base; bonus points if there's a Nerv-Hawaii.

I want to know what the heck is Marmaduke's Key (thanks Sunstealer, I'm gonna use that one more and more) and if Lilith now needs Nebuchadnezzar instead of Adam or if Adam is the one in the moon, or IF Adam is actually in the bowels of Dogma.

I want to see what happened to Naoko Akagi, some background interactions between her and Yui (I would ask for [s]Kyoko Soryu [/s] Mama Shikinami to be included, but I'm not holding my breath for her to be in the story) between Keel and Gendo, Gendo and Fuyu, and, why not? Fuyu, Naoko and Dr. K.

I want to know what the hell is the beast mode, and if it is a default mode on any other eva (judging by the fact it's not present in unit 02, I'd say no.)

I want to know what the hell or who the hell is Mari.

And before I start to rage once again about Shikinami, Soryu's name change and tl;dr...

I want, in sum, to know if all the changes, both minuscule and big, cosmetic, story-wise, plot-wise, character-wise, dealing with mythos, in-universe physics... in short, EVERYTHING... I want to see it properly explained to know if it was actually needed, or if they, the changes, were simply ass-pulled to make people think they meant something, leaving everyone with the same feeling of lacking closure.

I want to know what are all the changes were for and, please, leave no stone turned; if anything new was introduced in the OMA's I want it explained, deeply and preferably with no still animation back-flashes like with Misato.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:18 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I have two ideas for the ending that I'd like to see.

1) Shinji and Gendo in a rap battle during instrumentality. Fuyutsuki is Gendo's hype man and Mari is Shinji's. Shinji overcomes the odds and defeats his father.

2) This is basically the ending to Crossroads but Keel is the devil, Kaworu is Steve Vai, and Shinji is Ralph Macchio. Kaworu can't play Paganini so Shinji overcomes the odds and stops instrumentality.

Did you EVER hear Japanese people rapping?

It sounds terrible.

And Crossroads was a terrible movie.

I DEMAND GUNBUSTER MACHINES AND NORIKO(Mari?)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”