Shinji's Interface Headset

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

Shinji's Interface Headset [SPOILERS]

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:12 pm

...wearing those Nerve Connector things on his noggin when he was giving Zeruel a beatdown? I was watching the fight when I noticed that the cuts used never showed him wearing them.

Was it just the camrip, or something no one felt like mentioning?
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Evafan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Evafan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm

If it's not there, it's either the cam rip, or all it does is boost your sync rate like the plug suit.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Well he was actually wearing them in episode 20 compared to EoE where he's not wearing them at all.

Checking the camrip, I didn't see them at all:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Then that's a msytery then.Doesnt wearing a plugsuit and those neuron clip on's help you synch with the Eva?How was he able to start Unit 01 with neither?Eva has so many mysteries that it isnt funny.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:37 pm

I just remembered the thing they did in the series, they tried to sync with the evas without anything - butt naked. It can be related to this one.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Eva 04 wrote:Then that's a mystery then.Doesn't wearing a plugsuit and those neuron clip on's help you synch with the Eva?How was he able to start Unit 01 with neither?Eva has so many mysteries that it isnt funny.
It might be that Yui was holding his hand thought the event, it does seem that she really had a behind the scenes role in the Zeruel battle right from it's start...or perhaps Shinji's overpowering yandere fit lets him do it without assistance -o-;

@trueno twentyone
They did didn't they? It looks like they clips and suit are more assistance than necessary in themselves.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 am

Having a plugsuit/the interface headset on can supposedly help with synching, but EoE/2.0 show it's not required.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Actually, EoE showed nothing of the sort. Shinji had *no* control of Eva-01's actions. He wasn't even synched, or he would have had some reaction during the whole crucifixion scene.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Good point, I wasn't thinking about that part when typing up my reply. :sweatdrop: It's similar to how either Asuka how no control of Eva-02 during her final battle, or it was shared control with her Eva.

requiemvalorum
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby requiemvalorum » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Legendary wrote:Actually, EoE showed nothing of the sort. Shinji had *no* control of Eva-01's actions. He wasn't even synched, or he would have had some reaction during the whole crucifixion scene.

Did he not have bruises on both sides of his hands from the stigmata impalement?

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm

requiemvalorum wrote:
Legendary wrote:Actually, EoE showed nothing of the sort. Shinji had *no* control of Eva-01's actions. He wasn't even synched, or he would have had some reaction during the whole crucifixion scene.

Did he not have bruises on both sides of his hands from the stigmata impalement?

He did have those, looking at it, it's dark in color, no visible wounds, but pain is sure to be seen in Shinji's face.

Off-the-record: I am loving your avatars, Legendary and SSD. Where the heck you got that?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 pm

trueno_twentyone wrote:Off-the-record: I am loving your avatars, Legendary and SSD. Where the heck you got that?

:arrow: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=872
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:50 am

That thread is ridiculously difficult to sort through. But I found it.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 pm

i always felt the headset could enhance synchronization, but it wasn't entirely necessary, much like the plugsuit. special gear makes synching easier, much like mari's second plugsuit had a lot to do with the "beast mode." of course, that could just be me relating plugsuit and headset when in reality there's no connection between them, but that's the feeling i got.

so if rebuild!Shinji was already synching pretty high with his eva (was that screenshot before or after it goes berserker? i'd have to rewatch), the spiritual connection is more than enough to synch with the eva than any actual neural connection so the headset wouldn't be required?

*speculates like whoa*

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 pm

So would this mean that it could be possible to initiate beast mode without the suit? I mean like it seemed almost like the suit was protecting Mari from something, though whatever it was, it was still getting through......
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:56 pm

FUCKING AWESOME! And one of the best parts of the movie, next to Shinji berserking and actually somewhat growing a pair for once in the end. :w00t:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 am

@wonderluster-- actually, i don't know. i didn't get that impression, actually. to me it felt beast mode was all about the suit, but it was mostly because the beast mode implied so many physical changes in eva 02, so to me that kind of implied they needed a hardware change (the nifty plugsuit) to go with the software change (the animalistic attitude). that is, she could perhaps make the eva animalistic even without the plugsuit, if we accept that the synching itself doesn't depend on the suit but is just enhanced by it (of course, this is assuming mari can get that high a synch rate with the eva, depending on which soul is within the eva or IF there's a soul in it)... but would it be called a true beast mode or not i'm not sure, because beast mode implies the release of those control thingies and for that, uh, well you need the right equipment. or at least it seemed that way to me.

i guess it's all a matter of interpretation until (if) TPTB finally decide to reveal the mystery behind the funky new eva mode.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I don't know if its been mentioned earlier, but is there any relation between the pylons that come out in Beast Mode, and the pylons in the back of Jet Alone? I don't have an image, but they really are similar...
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm

Both are types of Control Robs. Limiters. One to control heat and radiation on Jet Alone the other to hold back Evas full potential. So yeah......Anno likes rods....Kinda weird..
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 pm

In before Freud.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”