Eva-01, Eva-08 and Eva-06

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice picture SSD ^_^ I wish to know what she looks like under that mask though. inb4 someone photoshops a stupid image...

I don't believe this at all but Ill toss this in for fun.

Eva 01 is Eva 08, this explains why she did not protect Shinji in NERV in 1.0.

But no, 01 is 01. The other core I'm guessing is that of the Angel.

One S2 organ maybe and one core for Yui?
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:20 pm

That picture is of the mask/suit placed on Eva-06 since in 1.0, unless you mean it'd be nice to see what Lilith looks like underneath her mask (which might not be a mask but her face, though who knows).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Where the hell is it's mouth!? and how the hell does its visors glow?!

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:38 am

They have the being all bandaged up while I don't understand since I don't think its injured. Guess so you just don't see any of it. I wish to know what the being looks like under those bandages.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:As I said somewhere else, something about the 3.0 Next Time Preview made me feel Kaworu will pilot Eva-08, but I guess we'll see (or if Kaworu still gets Eva-06, then 08 goes to Mari).

What I don't get is where the hell is Eva-07 in all this.

See the Eva Unit 08 thread... I have a good idea... ;)
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Mad
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mad » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:
Eva 01 is Eva 08, this explains why she did not protect Shinji in NERV in 1.0.

She didn't have to protect him. Nothing fell from the ceiling like in the original episode.
Lolfreudian

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Stuff I wrote:As I said somewhere else, something about the 3.0 Next Time Preview made me feel Kaworu will pilot Eva-08, but I guess we'll see (or if Kaworu still gets Eva-06, then 08 goes to Mari).

The hell? That was a huge typo on my part. :dizzy: I meant that I think 08 will go to Shinji, 07 is Mari's and 06 is still Kaworu's. /Late reply is late.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Wasn't something about a new child mentioned in the preview?
"Unit-08 and it's pilot" or something similar?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 pm

The only thing the preview said was "Eva-08 and its pilot", which doesn't necessarily mean there's going to be a brand-new character.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 pm

It's Kensuke. No argument, hands down it's totally Kensuke
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm

wonderluster wrote:It's Kensuke. No argument, hands down it's totally Kensuke

Unfortunately, Kensuke piloting an Eva would breach the fundamental principle on which the universe is based, instantly inducing Third Impact.

More seriously, I'd expect it to be Rei, given her increased prominence and recent downgrade to "holy shit my Eva just got fucking eaten wtf" status.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 am

Azathoth wrote:
More seriously, I'd expect it to be Rei, given her increased prominence and recent downgrade to "holy shit my Eva just got fucking eaten wtf" status.

I truly could be given to Rei, she aint done nothing wrong or against orders so far in Rebuild, HOWEVER, there is the factor that in Rebuild she has become a lot more human than in NGE. Menaing that if Shinji's in some sort of critical situation, she might go pull a Mari and actually just highjack it.....Whereever it happens to be...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Azathoth wrote:More seriously, I'd expect it to be Rei, given her increased prominence and recent downgrade to "holy shit my Eva just got fucking eaten wtf" status.

Is giving Rei another Eva really a good idea? The reason Eva-00 got eaten was so that Zeruel could assimilate her "pattern" and gain easy access to Lilith (and maybe manipulate Lilith's soul, as well, for whatever he was planning to do after that). And Rei's become not only a liability in battle, but a pretty damned dangerous item to mix up with Evas in general (see Eva-01 after Rei gets absorbed).

In summation: Assuming Rei and Shinji do end up getting bodies again, Gendo is likely to be under significant pressure from the brass to keep Rei from doing much of anything. I wouldn't be surprised to find Rei's piloting career completely over, and her "who the fuck am I, anyway?" career off to a kick start.

Since Shinji's partially responsible for "Near 3I", I wonder if Seele are going to try to keep him away from any Evas, as well.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Personally, i tend to think that Seele knew full well what Gendo is up to, and that near-Third Impact was going to happen. Kaworu's intervention is just too well timed to let me believe otherwise.

Also, i'm kinda surprised that the popular opinion regarding Kaworu throwing the Lance at the right moment seems to be that "Becuase it's a sequel!!!!11!1 HE knew in advance!" rather than the less flashy, but more reasonable "Seele told him to do so".
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, about that... I'm reminded of this:

Kaji wrote:Triggering Unit-01's awakening before the rest are present...
Commander Ikari, SEELE won't keep quiet about this.

Of course, this is BEFORE Kaworu engages in Impactus interruptus, and I'm not sure anybody has a terribly good idea what the "rest are present" part is supposed to mean (down to "how the hell do we translate THAT?")... Maybe something to do with Evas that don't yet exist, I dunno... But the direct implication is that Seele won't approve of what happened, and, by extension, probably weren't expecting it, and may well have preferred if it hadn't happen at all.

Seele has more than enough motivation to plant eyes and ears everywhere, so feasibly Mark-06 was mobilized to stop the proceedings as soon as they became aware of Eva-01's naughty behavior.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Reichu wrote:Since Shinji's partially responsible for "Near 3I", I wonder if Seele are going to try to keep him away from any Evas, as well.

Well despite it being on a lower magnitude of needing a lockdown, in the original, they did get Shinji to pilot again didn't they?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:09 pm

wonderluster wrote:Well despite it being on a lower magnitude of needing a lockdown, in the original, they did get Shinji to pilot again didn't they?

You said it yourself: The original is "lower magnitude"... in all respects under discussion here. Eva-01 becomes a "god", but she doesn't try to destroy the world; Nerv is able to re-cage her. Shinji's degree of participation in Yui's "awakening" is debatable -- he certainly wills for the Eva to "move", but beyond that is a total unknown. We have zero evidence that he fuels the Eva with the kind of "fuck the world" attitude he has in Rebuild. (The only "evidence" comes from Rebuild's very different version of events; it takes a huge leap to retroactively apply it to #19.)

Since we're talking about two different things, it seems reasonable that rebuild!Shinji may not have the same privileges as NGE!Shinji whenever they get him out of Eva-01. Doesn't mean Gendo won't work him into the plans, just that Seele might not approve of it. Unless, of course, it's convenient for them.
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Hell, even if Shinji WAS the fuel in the original, and he was doing it to fuck the world, he still powered down after the Angel's death. It's highly likely that Shinji will emerge and be in deep shit, unless Gendo can spin things some way to place blame on Rei, probably by sending Ritsuko to explain the situation, and we all know what happened in the original series when that happened.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:26 am

Reichu wrote:Seele has more than enough motivation to plant eyes and ears everywhere, so feasibly Mark-06 was mobilized to stop the proceedings as soon as they became aware of Eva-01's naughty behavior.

True, however, those GENDO! In SPACE! scenes were basically there to show us not only that the Mark-06 is being constructed, but also that they were prepairing it for something specific. I'm thinking about the delivery of the Lance, mainly.

Also, when Kaworu suits up, he remarks, "It is time."That kid always says that. Yet, up to that moment, there wasn't even a hint at the fact that Eva-01 was about to become all godly. However, Gendo mentioned earlier that Seele might suspect what he is up to.

These are the hints that have lead me to believe that Seele indeed knew about the trick Gendo was about to pull on them. I mean, they could have just stopped him before the deal, yet they let it play out. Besides, Kaji isn't omniscient either. Just really smug.

Legendary wrote:unless Gendo can spin things some way

Whatever Seele wants to accomplish in the long run, i tend to think that Gendo will be in much deeper shit than Shinji. Even if Seele wanted this premature T.I. to happen, it's highly doubtful that Commander Ikari will get a Gendo-snack for his efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced into hiding at the beginning of Q.

@topic: Erm, uhm... I would take it well if Unit-07 would go to Asuka, and if it would look like the offspring of a Harpy and the Escaflowne. Surprising, ironic (Asuka piloting a Harpy), but at the same time, leaves room for a really snazzy design.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:16 pm

So if Gendos the one in charge, then Shinji will probably pilot Unit 01 again. But Im thinking it's going to be in the end of the movie, in reluctance, to save everything

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”