Official Rebuild Dub Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 pm

"Unless, Funi plans to release it at some peak moment to get maximum sales."

I think you just answered your own question right there. Funimation probably wants to boost one of their financial quarters & they know Eva is one of the few titles that actually sells to people outside the small market of dedicated anime geeks. Wouldn't be surprised if they hold off to make it a just before Christmas release.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:50 pm

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:Other than that, I can't think of why there is a huge delay unless Khara requested it for some reason, perhaps to release a 4.0 trailer to include in the American release.

Yeah, there's no way in Hell it's that. Khara wouldn't just do that, especially since they've been dark every since their own BD release. They would be making a lot of Japanese fans pissed by doing that.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Wow, that Japanese Blu-ray of 3.33 I bought has really earned back what it cost me to buy. I mean, the only thing I’m really looking forward in Funi’s release is the DVD so I can get a larger printed, English-translated version of the booklet that came with the Japanese Blu-ray.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:57 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:so I can get a larger printed, English-translated version of the booklet that came with the Japanese Blu-ray.

Yeah, I'm waiting for my friend to get it also because I've been dying to see a translated version of the booklet and there's no translation for it anywhere on the internet.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:12 pm

@TheFriskyIan

I didn't word what I said properly. I meant that Khara would release some sneak peek in Japan and then Funi would translate it and include it in Eva 3.33. Still you are right and I highly doubt that's the reason.

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:"Unless, Funi plans to release it at some peak moment to get maximum sales."

I think you just answered your own question right there. Funimation probably wants to boost one of their financial quarters & they know Eva is one of the few titles that actually sells to people outside the small market of dedicated anime geeks. Wouldn't be surprised if they hold off to make it a just before Christmas release.

I hadn't thought of it being a Christmas release. But I had thought they would use Eva for a rainy day. If they were having a bad quarter they could release Eva to boost sales. It just seems a bit odd to me we still have no release date.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:39 pm

The delay possibilities were mentioned in the Rebuild Dub thread:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Surprised this wasn't posted yet. Thought it was?

Redubbing some lines to leave ambiguity? Including same extras as Japan release including God Warrior? Something else?

Guess we just gotta wait and see what's up, which sucks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 am

I've also mentioned this in what I think is the rebuild dub thread, but I'll post it again here. Anime Expo is about two weeks away. As the biggest anime con in the US, it's a very good place to make an announcement. And if they don't, they'll definitely be asked about it at their panel.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:22 am

y is ur name nuclear lunchbox tho

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 pm

^ Uh, wrong topic?

Sounds like AX is most likely when they'll say what's the holdup. Fingers crossed for August release.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Fingers crossed for August release.

That would make for a wonderful birthday present.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:23 pm

And for me - but zero chance now, I'd say. Best to look forward to a Christmas present!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

PainXIII12
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PainXIII12 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:33 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:The delay possibilities were mentioned in the Rebuild Dub thread:

Guess we just gotta wait and see what's up, which sucks.

well this could mean a removal of some parts of the film or a Directors cut, maybe extended edition, I don't know but it had better get here.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Supposely the delay was for more screen time, but since then ive search high and low for more screenings and found nothing. I was hoping they might have something in New Orleans or Baton Rogue or even east Texas.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:15 pm

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:Supposely the delay was for more screen time, but since then ive search high and low for more screenings and found nothing. I was hoping they might have something in New Orleans or Baton Rogue or even east Texas.

That would be insane , a nerw movie with more scenes ??
can't wait for more infos now

Black Swordsman
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Black Swordsman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:18 pm

View Original Postairman4 wrote:That would be insane , a nerw movie with more scenes ??
can't wait for more infos now

I think he meant screen time as in cinema screenings.

Getting tired of waiting for this release though...

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:29 pm

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:Supposely the delay was for more screen time, but since then ive search high and low for more screenings and found nothing. I was hoping they might have something in New Orleans or Baton Rogue or even east Texas.

That was the official story, but I don't think the movie's had a theatrical screening since February or so.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:39 am

Amazon, today wrote:Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on December 02 2013 (Order #204-5463755-3820366).

"Evangelion 3.33 - You Can (Not) Redo [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: February 05 2015 - February 07 2015

I have no idea whether this is real or another finger-in-the-wind exercise.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 am

^
Ouch! I really pity you guys! At least I hope that you'll get a version with good graphics instead of the version with shitty compression and pixelation of image we got in other European countries!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
Ouch! I really pity you guys! At least I hope that you'll get a version with good graphics instead of the version with shitty compression and pixelation of image we got in other European countries!

Just buy the Japanese disc release and be done with it.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:55 am

I got that on release, naturally. :tongue: It has neither subtitles (which I've added, of course) nor dub (which is not yet available). Nor is the booklet translated.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:At least I hope that you'll get a version with good graphics instead of the version with shitty compression and pixelation of image we got in other European countries!

Well, you can at least mux together your dub with the Japanese video (like I've done with EoE).

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”