Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:04 pm

From the transcript I've read of the cooking scene, Rei came across as motherly, as in trying to set up father and son. Just going at it in a very Ayanami-ish way. And she made really spicy miso soup. a lot of it.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 pm

It doesn't happen instantly (unemotional Rei -> Rei deciding to cook dinner). There's a lot of stuff inbetween. People writing recaps aren't going to be able to detail out every single cut from memory. Like there's Rei walking into the classroom and saying "Ohayo", which I guess isn't normal. Rei has dinner with Gendo, it is very impersonal, very long table with Rei and Gendo sitting on opposite ends, some waiter guy waiting on them some distance away, in a very large room (looks kind of like Gendo's office). Rei asks why the other pilots don't eat with them, Gendo gives some half assed excuse, Rei asks if it's ok to do a dinner with everyone (including Gendo), Gendo is about to say no until he sees Yui, then says it's ok. So it's not like she's throwing a party, or even knows what a party is. My first impression was that she wanted to get Gendo closer to Shinji, because that seems to be what Shinji wants, and she wants to make Shinji happy.

Don't read too much into the reviews. They, in no way, can be used to replace the film itself.

ridersun
Embryo

Postby ridersun » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:46 pm

hi guys, is it possible that this page show a winny hash for the camrip of 2.0?
share link removed
sorry guys don't even know what "share" is. I downloaded it was a fake...sorry
Last edited by ridersun on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:13 pm

I don't use Share, but I thought I could get the filesize and hash to do an ed2k link, but failed (ill formed hash it said). Anyone had any luck with this?

Wonder what was the necessity of removing the sharedb link, if after all Share, as a p2p program, works with URI's, not URL's. It didn't give you a link to absolutely nothing hosted. It's not torrent or direct download. Not even xdcc.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4xdfbAcUIs&translated=1

Another little crappy camrip.

Sahaquiel is epic!

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Cool. Loved the sad piano music in the nighttime bit.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Dang ,it looked like the guy with the camera was getting beat up there at the end.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 pm

MOVE THE FUCKING CAMERA DOWN!! AAAGGGGGHHH!!!
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 pm

So wait.....Anno and co have just taken Shiro Sagisu's AMAZING "His and Her Circumstances" score and just pasted it on top of Evangelion images?

....Don't know how I feel about that.

I will say though, even in that horrid rip when Sahaquiel started to explode I was going OhMyGod in amazement. Something I haven't said in the theaters for awhile. That moment must be incredible to see on a big screen.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Combs » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm

hahahaha, Toji's sure excited about his lunch.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm starting to begin to think the reason the Japanese don't have many camrips is because they don't know how to aim a camera. Either way nice to see another section.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 am

Love the music during the school scenes.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:19 am

The Goose wrote:Um...she started interacting with Shinji and learning, from him, how to be human.
I guess so, we did see Shin-chan help raise ReiII in the anime, he's quite good at helping others out in that respect.

LiLi wrote:I tried my hand at translating the Japanese part - unfortunately my electronic dictionary is MIA... :(
I haven't listened to the camrip yet, did you get it all through the sound or have you found a transcript?

LiLi wrote:S: *whimpers*
M: You smell good... it's the scent of LCL...
S: Eeeh?
M: You're interesting. Well then, no need to tell others about this, NERV's puppy-kun. <3
I guess she figured him out pretty quick(not just the pilot par), I'm starting to like Mari, did she call Shin-chan koinu-kun or was it something else.

LiLi wrote:K: Yo! How about a date, once in a while?
S: I'm a guy.
K: No problem.
S: *squeaks*
I guess (along with Kaworu penetrating Godshin) that's Anno's way of leting us all know that Rebuild Shin's as uke as ever, even if he's better adjusted and in the action arc mode.

Puppy-kun wrote:Salary... you mean, that coffee can from earlier? *sigh* Ah... And you said it was a date... I thought you were a more honest person.
Poor Shin-chan, always geting seduced by older men(If you count femKaworu as one). Deep down he realy was looking forward to the dinner and flowers, but things never work his way do they?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

NyxOne
Embryo

Postby NyxOne » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:21 am

Can no ripper ever hold a goddamn camera straight enough?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 am

No Eva-01 eating Zeruel. And Zeruel turns into naked Rei or something.

BAD. MOVIE.

(Note: I haven't seen the movie.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:38 am

Yea but 01 rips open Zeruel and takes Rei from the core,thats still pretty cool.I heard its still very violent .And Sahaquiel looks awesome,what I could see of it anyway.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 am

Reichu wrote:No Eva-01 eating Zeruel. And Zeruel turns into naked Rei or something.
BAD. MOVIE.

Yui doesn't go spider but Shinji becomes the Angel of Death and Asuka's going to go Dilandau in the next film :biii: Sorry I think I've finaly lost my hold on reality
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 am

Reichu wrote:No Eva-01 eating Zeruel. And Zeruel turns into naked Rei or something.

BAD. MOVIE.

Meh.....

But we do still get "predation" and "eating" in the film. What say you about Zereul eating Eva Unit 00?

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:32 am

Sahaquiel is epic!

Most part of Nerv's budget goes in pumps...

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 am

Damn that cinema has one sexy ceiling. I felt the camrip emphasized this.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”