Eva 2.0 Trailer 3

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:38 am

I just found out how much I'm looking forward to this movie. When I saw it, despite the lousy quality, despite it being short, despite there being some reused clips, I had to work hard to keep my breathing under control. Also, I'm not ashamed to admit that one or two small fangirl shrieks escaped my lips (and I'm a guy).

I'm SO excited for Rebuild 2. Two more weeks!
Gamer_2k4

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:A Gagmatleliel you mean? Interesting concept.

Yes, for effective time use, it is in place of those three.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:I'm really liking everything I'm seeing in this trailer. Only thing that worries me is Asuka going bugfucking nuts.

Out of context footage is out of context?

Not sure why folks are even mentioning the possibility that Zeruel won't be around. We saw him in trailer #1, and the poster has the entry "Predation" near the very end.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:02 am

Reichu wrote:
Gendo'sPapa wrote:I'm really liking everything I'm seeing in this trailer. Only thing that worries me is Asuka going bugfucking nuts.

Out of context footage is out of context?

Yeah, there was only a few shots of her in there, and we we have no idea what the context was. In the wrong context, the clips from the last trailer could make it look like in the "almost kiss" scene from episode 9, instead of Shinji leaving they sleep together. :tongue:
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

the shot where gendo's hand is against the big green letters is either
A. (more likely) Unit Mari's OS
B. the dummy plug
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 am

45 minutes for 3.0 and 4.0? Ahhh I was under impression they would all be full length films. I hope they change and try to flesh this all out.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 am

BattleMonkey wrote:45 minutes for 3.0 and 4.0?

That was, like, three years ago. Note the corresponding release schedules, which are now absolutely irrelevant. While there's nothing stopping 3.0 and 4.0 from being super-short, I seriously doubt it.

As for the trailer itself...what is that giant cross-thing with the big flash? Clock Angel? Or did Zeruel suddenly turn into a flying cross? Also, who can make any sense of the singing in the background? Utada sounds like she's singing "Everyone, everytime..." at the end, but that's about as much as I can make out.
Last edited by UrsusArctos on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:23 am

How long till we get a full HD version of this like the other ones?
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 am

It might coincide with the movie's release date (the 26th), or maybe sooner than that. Not easy to tell.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Master Raven
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Master Raven » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:39 pm

lol all this hype surrounding this movie is making me so worried about spoilers. I said before that I wasn't gonna bother with a cam release but honestly, given how popular these movies are going to be, I'd rather not take a chance and wait for months for the DVD, so if the quality is good enough, eh fuck it, I'll get the camrip.

And eh I don't really get the feeling Asuka's going to go "batshit crazy" or anything, not like that's anything new, at least for me. :smokin:

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Here they have some "Yahoo Japan Special Version" of the trailer with some hidden message. Couldn'T find it. My connection is kinda slow at the time and you have to reload the whole video each time you wanna watch it.

http://event.yahoo.co.jp/eva2009/message/index.html

The quality looks somuch bette than the filesI have DLd. Dont like the "Next Ep" BGM though.
You may have to add some Microsoft dingdang to watch it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Adam wrote:You may have to add some Microsoft dingdang to watch it.
Hey, a Silverlight plug-in widget as a player. First time I've seen one of those (a Silverlight thingy) in the wild, as opposed to MSFT's web pages and how-to toys.

The bandwidth allowed out of Glorious Nippon is so low as to be unwatchable, though.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Here's the main page. As I said, my connection is too slow to check all the stuff out. Should all be old stuff though
http://event.yahoo.co.jp/eva2009/index.html

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Adam wrote:Here they have some "Yahoo Japan Special Version" of the trailer with some hidden message. Couldn'T find it. My connection is kinda slow at the time and you have to reload the whole video each time you wanna watch it.

http://event.yahoo.co.jp/eva2009/message/index.html

The quality looks somuch bette than the filesI have DLd. Dont like the "Next Ep" BGM though.
You may have to add some Microsoft dingdang to watch it.

heh, you can also see a video of shiro sagisu composing the music used in trailer two.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Like I said before, I'm not sure why people seem to think this is THE 3rd trailer seeing as we don't see this Image anywhere in during it.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 pm

She looks like she is cross-eyed. :smirk:
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:52 pm

@SSD: Hey. I was the first person who made that observation (I think), even though plenty of other people could make the same observation independently! Give me some credit here! :smirk:

But, yeah, 30-second spot is 30-second spot. Trailer 3 is yet to come. Too bad I don't have my powers right now and can't tell you more.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Reichu wrote:Give me some credit here!

+400(%) credits to you. :smirk:

30-second spot =/= trailer 3.

Shouldn't the News post be edited to reflect such? I'd do it myself, but I'm not able to edit posts that I didn't write for some reason...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Not to say that it won't be so, especially if I missed an according announcement, but is there any rule that there will be a (*real*) corresponding trailer with each volume? And more so that they have to use the E-Extra cover in the trailer (or rather vise-versa; trailer material only in the magazine)?

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:07 am

Once that it must be it. Cuz it seems those shots were taken from the real one trailer with Rei's capture i've never seen before.
[URL=http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8183/capsw.jpg]Image[/URL]

Last edited by CtHuLhU on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”