Eva 2.0 Trailer 2 (HQ)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Evayo
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Evayo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:26 pm

And it could be much, much longer than that, at least until a decent camrip surfaces. Damn you, depressing fact that I don't live in Japan anymore! Damn you! :fistshake:

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm

why would you leave? :) jk

if only they had the kind of pirates we had here, my friends downloaded so many US movies the day of their premieres

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 pm

NAveryW wrote:
Ornette wrote:It's probably not listed anywhere because the movie isn't "finished" yet. 1.0 didn't get out the door until the day before premier.
Sooooooooooooooource?

I can't find the link, it was posted in one of these threads. It may have just been a "I heard that..." thing but I remember it coming from someone from the staff.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 am

I've been catching up with the older posts in this thread for about the last half hour, and I know I'm a bit late to the party but I've decided to throw in some of my own commentary / dopey speculation / opinions on some of the shots from the trailers (and yes, I know most of these have been said in some form before).

Asuka having a nightmare / bad dream about her mom and / or dolls / puppets (in the trailer its movement reminded me of a hand puppet)

Notice how in this shot from trailer 1, she looks disheveled, as if waking from a bad dream.

Asuka goes into Shinji's bed (sleepwalking again, or consciously?). However, it's worth noting that they're not in the same position as in the Israfel episode, which makes me curious if this time Shinji stays with her through the night. Note that the lighting is difference from the previous scene, since Asuka's room has a window and Shinji's doesn't. Also, she's wearing the same gown in both scenes.

The morning after? (Yeah, I think by now the AS fanboy in me is taking over. Next topic!)

This angel is a giant time bomb. If the "hands" on the "clock" hit 12, boom goes the dynamite.

[URL=http://img520.imageshack.us/i/pdvd514.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Toji contemplates the nutritional value (or lack thereof) of Pocky.

Shots of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, and Mari in the plugs, surrounded by a pink aura. Methinks it's a massive battle involving a 4 Eva unit team (perhaps a revised Sahaquiel battle?)

Maybe the first time Shinji sees Asuka in her plug suit. Asuka notices some obvious ogling, and decks him.

[URL=http://img38.imageshack.us/i/pdvd567.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Oh, how nice-- some nice man brought Rei coffee. ^_^

[URL=http://img524.imageshack.us/i/asukasad.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Asuka is sad because Rei is getting all of Shinji's attention at the aquarium. :(
Last edited by Timstuff on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:12 am

I don't want to shatter any dreams but, don't the signs on the door on the background suggest that they're not in Shinji's room? (I'm talking about the possible "morning after" picture)
Last edited by DummyPlug on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 am

If you recall episode 9, they were sleeping in the main room.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Combs » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 am

Yes, but thats another box behind him as well.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:15 am

Yeah but look at the background, there's a bunch of signs on the door, one says UP, the other ones I can't read.

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:16 am

Oh, i thought it was a door. Then I guess it's 5 minutes to AS midnight;

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:17 am

DummyPlug wrote:I don't want to shatter any dreams but, don't the signs on the door on the background suggest that they're not in Shinji's room? (I'm talking about the possible "morning after" picture)

Yeah, I honestly don't think the last one is connected to the previous two scenes, I mainly threw that in as crack. :tongue: Besides, Shinji either would have had to rotate 180 degrees during the night, or switched places with Asuka, neither of which seem to make sense.

However, given that they're not in nearly as "awkward" of a position as they started off in during the show, the A/S fanboy in me does still cling to the possibility that Shinji might have actually decided to stay the night with Asuka this time around. ^_^

Megashadow13
Adam

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 am

Timstuff wrote:
DummyPlug wrote:I don't want to shatter any dreams but, don't the signs on the door on the background suggest that they're not in Shinji's room? (I'm talking about the possible "morning after" picture)

Yeah, I honestly don't think the last one is connected to the previous two scenes, I mainly threw that in as crack. :tongue: Besides, Shinji either would have had to rotate 180 degrees during the night, or switched places with Asuka, neither of which seem to make sense.

However, given that they're not in nearly as "awkward" of a position as they started off in during the show, the A/S fanboy in me does still cling to the possibility that Shinji might have actually decided to stay the night with Asuka this time around. ^_^

Timstuff... you officially helped me be sure that they will be SxA tomorrow :D or today... or whatever time it is... lol XD im also with you on that one that Shinji stays... i would say that he didnt care if Asuka saw him in the same futon as her this time... what a change... :O lol
Reality is just an extension of your dreams~
if you fail in epic proportions, you might just become a winning failure...
O WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLY??

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:05 am

Timstuff wrote:Image

Maybe the first time Shinji sees Asuka in her plug suit. Asuka notices some obvious ogling, and decks him.

Observing both pictures, the setting of the two is pretty similar (rooftop with a fence?). Shinji falls back on the first one, and Mari is on the ground searching for her glasses on the second one. My guess is that Shinji and Mari will literally run into each other, with Asuka thinking "God! The people i will have to work with!". Another cliched moment successfully implemented.

Ah, it's so much fun to discuss such far reaching, plot important possibilities.

gaijinsan
Embryo

Postby gaijinsan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:43 am

DummyPlug wrote:Yeah but look at the background, there's a bunch of signs on the door, one says UP, the other ones I can't read.

Hi, this is my first post. sorry for my poor English.
The signs behind Shinji are called "care-mark" .

http://www.danbo-ru.com/benri/keama-ku.html

the middle 1-(03) lliterally "attention for treatment"
the right: 4-(08) "dont lay down" ("keep this side up")
the left: maybe 9-(02) "dont expose to sunlight"

I guess they are all related with Asuka. The last one reminds me ep-22 (Arael)

Its tomorrow anyway :toothy:
そうやっていじけてたって、何にも楽しいことないよ。

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:42 am

I figure the ^_^ Shinji one is still related to Asuka, just maybe slighty different context, eg Shinji ^_^ from 9.
1st three pics: Shinji's storage closet new room, daytime one: living room??
Oh, here and in Japan, "Lovelove AsukaShinji" tends to be the #1pairing, with Shinji/Rei at second (But they're related through Yui! >_< Lilith too...) and Misato/Shinji tied at third place with Kaworu/Shinji. I wonder how Mari will change all that. (Sauce is what I've read online & Japanese friends.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Soul Fire
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Soul Fire » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:58 am

all of mari's tights are ripped in that picture of her on the floor so perhaps Asuka has decked her one. :pwnd:

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:07 am

Would it be wrong of me to hope Asuka would die a horrible death at the end of this film?

No. No it wouldn't be.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:24 am

Soul Fire wrote:all of mari's tights are ripped in that picture of her on the floor so perhaps Asuka has decked her one. :pwnd:

What, she punched her in the stockings?

Also, i'm no expert on female garments, but isn't the fact that she is crawling aound on the ground enough to have her tights get ripped?

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 am

Kinda looks like Shinji and Asuka are sleeping in a single room or something, perhaps it's going to be like the manga instead where they are relocated from the apartment to a NERV facility.

OMG a pic of Mari not involving her just standing around!
Last edited by BattleMonkey on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 am

It's looking like Shinji might have a collision with Mari that knocks them both over, and Mari goes to look for her glasses while Asuka looks at them both with a "hmph!" face. I hadn't seen that pic of Mari before, but put in context with the other one it seems to make sense.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 am

^ God I hope not.

That's such a tired and overused anime cliche. I know Eva assaults anime cliches but Rebuild is so contracted for time that would just be embracing the tired junk in the medium.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”