Eva 2.0 Trailer 2 (HQ)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Reichu wrote:but presumably without any unison training.

I figured as much, myself.

Kaname: Even if Asuka/Shinji don't become a couple in Rebuild (whether or not it has to do with Mari), their relationship is important enough to Shinji's development that I doubt Anno would just ignore it. ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon May 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Anno won't ignore the Asuka influence on Shinji (though let's forget the non-existent romance).

Even more so than NGE, Rebuild is all about Shinji and the main importance of each other character is how they affect Shinji's growth. Asuka and Shinji are def going to be a huge part of 2.0's soul.

Kazi
Embryo

Postby Kazi » Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm

NAveryW wrote:No, not divided. It's just an outline emphasizing the angle. The "beak" on the front "face" does the same thing.

That would make that stalk an elongated square pyramid (or a tetrahedron, but the "theme of 4" would be broken). What would the rest look like?

Looking at the first trailer, it seems like its legs just skim the surface of the water until they touch down so that the other can move and not so much like Clocky is lifting his legs up to move them. Like holding a pair of chopsticks together at the top and shuffling them along to make them walk.

That's how I see it, anyway...

The AxS "aquarium scene" theory sounds pretty good too
It must be the...Eleventeenth...Angel...

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Mon May 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Anno won't ignore the Asuka influence on Shinji (though let's forget the non-existent romance).

Even more so than NGE, Rebuild is all about Shinji and the main importance of each other character is how they affect Shinji's growth. Asuka and Shinji are def going to be a huge part of 2.0's soul.

:soapbox:

I agree. Evangelion is about Shinji learning to interact and co-exist with other people. Asuka is a big part of Shinji's massive learning process and that is what the majority of the movie is going to be centered around. I'm doubting whatever Mari's going to be like will even come close (unless there's a romantic thing between her and Shinji, which I doubt and do not want anways).

*steps off soapbox*

But yeah I'm more curious to see if Kaworu is introduced in 2.0 and if so will he try to lure Shinji into BUTTSECKS with everybody still being around and relatively sane.

etjusticepourtous
Adam

Postby etjusticepourtous » Mon May 11, 2009 10:47 pm

schismatics wrote:But yeah I'm more curious to see if Kaworu is introduced in 2.0 and if so will he try to lure Shinji into BUTTSECKS with everybody still being around and relatively sane.

I think Shinji just fucks the new girl.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon May 11, 2009 10:56 pm

schismatics wrote:But yeah I'm more curious to see if Kaworu is introduced in 2.0 and if so will he try to lure Shinji into BUTTSECKS with everybody still being around and relatively sane.

99% chance that Kaworu will not interact with any of the other characters in this film. 90% chance that the only time you'll get to see him will be right at the end of the film, again.

Made-up percentages and all, but much as Khara likes to pretend they're being secretive about certain things (i.e., making believe Eva-05's pilot is still classified information), they've made it devastatingly easy to predict that Kaworu and Eva-06 are heading down to Earth after the Zeruel incident. In the original preview from 2007, the debuting Evas are presented in "order of appearance", that being 05-02-04-03-06. With the keywords poster, we find out that "Evangelion Mark.06" is actually the very last item on the list, placing its debut not only after Eva-03, but after the "Predation" of Zeruel as well. And, presumably, at the ass-end of the film.

Of course, they've never stated anywhere that Eva-06's pilot will be Kaworu, but, I mean, "Eva-06 and its pilot come down from the Moon". They're not exactly going out of their way to be subtle here.
Last edited by Reichu on Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 am

Kazi wrote:http://www.majhost.com/gallery/armagemon100/Lolz/wat/sdjjsd/clock.png

If this is how the angel is designed, without a psyche attack I can only see it being a bigger push-over than Matariel.

etjusticepourtous wrote:I think Shinji just fucks the new girl.

... :slapslap:

Reichu wrote: but much as Khara likes to pretend they're being secretive about certain things they've made it devastatingly easy to predict that Kaworu and Eva-06 are heading down to Earth after the Zeruel incident.

Is that so much "secretive" as being merely "tongue-in-cheek"? They played a similar game with Touji being the 4th child.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TheLobe » Tue May 12, 2009 2:02 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:For some reason, I have the feeling that this

If it means less gay clothing I'm all for it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 am

Alaska Slim wrote:If this is how the angel is designed, without a psyche attack I can only see it being a bigger push-over than Matariel.

Much, MUCH bigger......

I wouldn't worry too much, though. Unlike Matarael, Clocky has a budget.

Is that so much "secretive" as being merely "tongue-in-cheek"? They played a similar game with Touji being the 4th child.

Are you sure that's the phrase you're looking for?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 am

Reichu wrote:99% chance that Kaworu will not interact with any of the other characters in this film. 90% chance that the only time you'll get to see him will be right at the end of the film, again.

I'm guessing you're probably right about the whole Kaworu thing. I was kind of semi-hoping for an Asuka/Kaworu confrontation...THAT would be interesting. :w00t:

Itac
Adam

Postby Itac » Tue May 12, 2009 8:37 am

I haven't read through the entire thread yet(sorry, hurrying to write this before class), but the one shot difference I've noted that I haven't seen mentioned is in the Kaji-Shinji-Melons scene. In the series, this shot took place right before Zeruel, with lots of big booms going on. In the shot in the trailer, it's clear skies.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 am

Itac wrote:Kaji-Shinji-Melons scene. In the series, this shot took place right before Zeruel, with lots of big booms going on. In the shot in the trailer, it's clear skies.

The scene in the trailer probably corresponds to when Shinji first "meets" Kaji's melons, in episode 17. He squats down to get a good look at them; the trailer seems to show him standing up after this.

schismatics wrote:I was kind of semi-hoping for an Asuka/Kaworu confrontation...THAT would be interesting.

Depending on what happens in the third installment, you might get your wish.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue May 12, 2009 11:00 am

I'm hoping its not going to be like I've stated before like Angelic Days where everyone fights to be the one Shinji sees. Asuka and Kaworu may fight but it would just be that story again and then Shinji will see Mari and grow closer to her then she will have to go away and he will be sad thus returning to Asuka...If that happens..I swear.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue May 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Anno's a far better writer than that.

I wouldn't be worried about that. Be more worried that because of the shortened running time characters like Asuka aren't given enough screentime to properly flesh out and merely exist based on their exteriors (in Asuka's case- Bitch. In Kaworu's case- Non-Hetero)

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Tue May 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I'm hoping its not going to be like I've stated before like Angelic Days where everyone fights to be the one Shinji sees.

God that'd be awful...I find it fascinating though that everybody seems to find Shinji really interesting in the first place... :chinscratch:

But anyways I'm doubting that Asuka/Karowu fighting over Shinji would happen. Just my opinion.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I'm hoping its not going to be like I've stated before like Angelic Days where everyone fights to be the one Shinji sees.

The story is probably going to be in deadly serious territory by the time Kaworu shows up. Though there will inevitably be some comedic moments in 2.0, before all goes to hell.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Itac
Adam

Postby Itac » Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Reichu wrote:The scene in the trailer probably corresponds to when Shinji first "meets" Kaji's melons, in episode 17. He squats down to get a good look at them; the trailer seems to show him standing up after this.

Oh yeah...
I was thinking the entire time I was writing it that there was another scene that like in the series, but I couldn't remember for sure so I left it out..woops.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Gendo'spapa wrote:like Asuka aren't given enough screentime to properly flesh out and merely exist based on their exteriors (in Asuka's case- Bitch. In Kaworu's case- Non-Hetero)

Dude, an issue of Newtype Japan even said that "2.0 will center around Asuka's actions" so we have nothing to worry about with her. (The translation of the page was on THAT BOARD a few months back and it seemed to be a creditable source.)

Reichu wrote:The story is probably going to be in deadly serious territory by the time Kaworu shows up. Though there will inevitably be some comedic moments in 2.0, before all goes to hell.

Yes. And hell, Descent Arc had the final "funny moment" with Asuka reacting to Hikari liking Toji with an O_o face. After that we didn't get any "lulz" until the 26 AU...

With funny moments, I'm kinda banking on Image as being Shinji reacting to Asuka already wearing her plugsuit though they just met/there's no fighting, or maybe she hit him for whatever reason. (In place of the slaps from the start of episode 08.)

I'm not surprised that Kaworu won't show up until the very end of 2.0, but it's sometime disappointing with character interaction considering how 3.0 and Final were intentionally set to be 45 minutes each or whatever. ...Perhaps the final two films WILL be their own separate film instead of back-to-back ala Air and Sincerely Yours?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Tue May 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote: ...Perhaps the final two films WILL be their own separate film instead of back-to-back ala Air and Sincerely Yours?

I figured it was going to be two separate films...now you just made me nervous though about the whole idea...wouldn't it be kind of dumb thought to call it a tetratrology (spelling ?) if the made the last 2 movies into 1? idk...

As concerning funny moments, as long they remake Shinji choking Asuka in Final then suddenly *HAPPY MUSIC BURST IN*. :w00t:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote: Dude, an issue of Newtype Japan even said that "2.0 will center around Asuka's actions" so we have nothing to worry about with her. (The translation of the page was on THAT BOARD a few months back and it seemed to be a creditable source.)

Was that just a repost of RockManBall’s translation?

Sounds like bull-hype to lure in fanboys, though. We've got our "center", and his name is Shinji. That doesn't look like it's going to change.

I'm not surprised that Kaworu won't show up until the very end of 2.0, but it's sometime disappointing with character interaction considering how 3.0 and Final were intentionally set to be 45 minutes each or whatever. ...

And what’s all that crap Otsuki said about Rei and Kaworu way back, when the “Rebuild of Evangelion” working title was first announced? I’m far too lazy to slog through those old, bloated threads looking for it right now…

Perhaps the final two films WILL be their own separate film instead of back-to-back ala Air and Sincerely Yours?

Would be nice, but I’m not going to keep my hopes up.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”