Evangelion: Jo Rebuild game (PS2 & PSP)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm

liusyaoran wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I'm such a noob for having this problem, but I can't get past the first fight against Sachiel. When it gets to the final command where EVA01 is on top of Sachiel and smashing it, what button is it asking for? I tried pressing everything but nothing worked.

Please help.

mash the buttons HARD
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

liusyaoran
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby liusyaoran » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Which button? O? Hit the button as fast as I can or just hit it hard?

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm

O, fast and hard.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 pm

soljerameelguy wrote:O, fast and hard.

You're mother plays the same way as this game, Oooo snap!..Sorry ^_^'

Anyway, sorry for asking for the download. I found it and put it on my desktop but remembered what Greg A. said to me at Tekko and deleted it.

The game looks pretty good, Otakon Ill have to pick up a copy if they have it which I doubt they will but there is a chance.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:46 am

I hope this game get's an english release.It's horrible how Japan keeps all these games to themselfs.Since this is based off of rebuild,then this should get an english release.The first rebuild movie is getting an english release so I dont see why this cant get an english release as well.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 am

Eva 04 wrote:I hope this game get's an english release.It's horrible how Japan keeps all these games to themselfs.Since this is based off of rebuild,then this should get an english release.The first rebuild movie is getting an english release so I dont see why this cant get an english release as well.

Are you Trolling? ON MY FORUM!? j/k dude look. Eva might be popular in some circles in the states, but not as much as it is in Japan, mark my words. YOU. WILL. NEVER. SEE. AN. EVA. GAME. IN. THE. STATES. PERIOD.

Add to that list the huge array of cool gundam games, super robot wars, and some other titles namely dating sims(atleast for consoles).

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:
soljerameelguy wrote:O, fast and hard.

You're mother plays the same way as this game, Oooo snap!..Sorry ^_^'

oh lol, nah, my mother has been hanging around for awhile, she has this cronic bleeding condition and she cant walk much because she's missing her legs.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm

I guess your right.Eva is popular in some states but that doesnt compare to the popularity it has in an entire nation.Oh,well.It's not the end of the world if it doesnt get an english release.Would be nice though.

blakblade94
Embryo

stuck @ sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby blakblade94 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:53 am

hi i got evangelion jo a couple of days ago and im up to sahaquiel but im injured and die in 2 hits. it seems like since the start ever since i took damage never heals, so is there a way to repair the eva (also out of battle Shinji is wearing bandages)
<3 Eva

liusyaoran
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby liusyaoran » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Okay, now I'm having trouble with the 2nd battle, which is the 4th angel. How do you kill this guy?? Is there a guide anywhere online for this game?

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:57 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I guess what I'm wondering is, would you say it's at least better then something like the GoS visual novels in terms of gameplay* (hard to compare apples to oranges, I know.)?

It is far better than any of the Evangelion visual novels, no doubt about it. It's a good game, just not as good as Evangelion 2.

liusyaoran wrote:Okay, now I'm having trouble with the 2nd battle, which is the 4th angel. How do you kill this guy?? Is there a guide anywhere online for this game?

With the pallet rifle equipped, you should runaway from the Angel, shoot for a while and runaway once again before the Angel hits you. Keep attacking from the distance and Shamshel will eventually "die" and a QTE will trigger.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am

Since I don't have this game I can't really understand but it sounds to me like each battle is kinda the same.

Shoot - Roll - Shoot repeat

Is this correct or is there more going on?

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 am

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Since I don't have this game I can't really understand but it sounds to me like each battle is kinda the same.

Shoot - Roll - Shoot repeat

Is this correct or is there more going on?

You're given more options & weapons, but shoot-roll-shoot using the rifle is the most effective tactic. :toothy:

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 am

I cant get past Frikkin Bardiel so I quite this game. Now Im playing the PSP version of Girlfriend of Steel 2.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 am

soljerameelguy wrote:I cant get past Frikkin Bardiel so I quite this game. Now Im playing the PSP version of Girlfriend of Steel 2.

Don't give up, trust ur instincts!

Come on, get back in there and play cause I wanna know the endings.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Lleonard Pler: Question for you: I take it you're going to write an FAQ for this similar to Eva2? Once I get some money to buy this thing, I'll try to let you know my observations from playing it (no idea when that would be, though.)

It's a good game, just not as good as Evangelion 2.

I'm glad to know that. What interests me about this game is supposedly "your actions effect the outcome of the ending(s)". I wonder if that means you can get a different ending each time or not, or if there are a few good ends instead of one good end, several bad ends, ala Eva2. >_>
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:11 am

soljerameelguy wrote:I cant get past Frikkin Bardiel so I quite this game. Now Im playing the PSP version of Girlfriend of Steel 2.

I defeated Bardiel using long-ranged weapons and making sure that there are plenty of support buildings (red and green) in the area. Keep a prudent distance from Bardiel, don't let it get close to you and take profit of the moments where he goes idle or attacks the support buildings.

Now I'm in the Zeruel fight and I don't know what to do, the Angel takes most of the life bar with just one shot.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 am

what I cant figure out how to do is get more buildings. I cant buy a certain amount. or something,,,,its so horrible not knwing nihongo.. TT_TT

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

soljerameelguy wrote:what I cant figure out how to do is get more buildings. I cant buy a certain amount. or something,,,,its so horrible not knwing nihongo.. TT_TT

By playing a lot in the simulation combats from Maya, the 5 areas of Tokyo will gain experience and at certain point get new spots where to place buildings.

Then you can buy new support buildings and place them in the maps by talking to Misato.

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Seriously, Zeruel is impossible. I'm quitting this game because of this combat. :pwnd:

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:26 pm

where can i buy the game?
i already found it on Amazon.JP (thank the dark gods for "translate in english"-button,
but is there somewhere else i can buy it?
i suppose there doesn't exist an english version...?
ah, equal to me!
i'm learing Japanese right now so i have some sort of extra motivation! :nyao:

but i guess it doesn't work on an european PS2?
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”