Interesting little details in 1.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Maybe Kaworu's freaking huge. :wink:

And on the pictures: that is a rather bizarre angle for a large stranded ship to be in. I know after 2nd Impact, the ocean's rose because Antarctica melted, but I don't think it would have receded suddenly enough to do that. Did something cause a large enough explosion to send a ship that large flying?

Also, yeah, the picture makes me think that the city has essentially just built over the ruins instead of clearing it all out first. It does a good job of portraying that all isn't well with the world.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm

In regards to the SEELE moon base, it really looks to me more like an excavation, meaning this white giant was already on the moon, so it's not like they really have a choice. As for the Moon coffins, uh, maybe SEELE went around and broke every telescope in the world? Or maybe they're so powerful, and confident in their power, that they don't care if people find out the truth, because their plans will go through anyway.
Or maybe, they built it up there so no one else could screw with it? To distract people from the real secret? Because Keel is Dr. No?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 am

Have we mentioned the similarity to the excavation in 2001 yet?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:06 am

has it been considered that the coffins are where all the angels in rebuild have come from? I hope this isn't a redundant question, i've been away for awhile and haven't watched rebuild yet

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:22 am

Yes, it has been said that the coffins represent the angels, but not necessarily where they came from.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I've just had an unsettling thought concerning Rei: maybe Webuild Gendou ordered her to befriend Shinji. That would explain why she didn't think of Gendou before smiling; it was a spontaneous gesture, just part of a role she was playing.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:00 pm

That'd...be disturbing in that it'd take away from Rei naturally(?) choosing Shinji over Gendo as the (in this case) films progress. I hope that's not the case.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Gendo ordering her to befriend Shinji actually makes some kind of sense.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:01 pm

I doubt thats the reason. When Shinji said to Rei that she should smile, she was truly shocked. Theres no way she could have faked that.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:11 pm

She may have been shocked by her own feelings then, or just shocked at how he choose to deal with the situation. I think Gendo dictating every single movement is ridiculous, but he could still have ordered her to get closer to Shinji and have teh shock of human emotions be genuine.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Then how would someone explain how cold she acts towards Shinji and the slap she gives him in the film. She never tries to get close to Shinji before he sees her nude. And even after that, she doesn't spend time with him. She only watches him a couple of times and tells to him when to go to Nerv. Plus, Slapping someone isn't the best way to win them over to your side. Besides, even if Rei was too angry at Shinji's remarks about Gendo to break the plan of getting closer toward him, I'm certain she'd temper her anger enough to follow Gendo's plan.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't think that Gendo's giving Rei orders to befriend Shinji and such. But that doesn't mean that he's not above manipulating both of them. Clearly he's more than a little curious at what their reaction to each other will be.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 pm

I didn't know where to post this but well...

I remember zuggy once posted something about the new Rebuild SEELE monoliths, which now include this Mason insignia, something about Pitagoras or whatever. Well, it was true, even on merchandise

http://www.evastore.jp/index.cgi?rm=image&id=2423&genre=&page=&key=&type=3&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Snakes in my motherfucking SEELE logo? Steve Jobs on the Nerv one? And now even the Masons?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Well yes, you could already see it pretty clearly on the DVD version. There's no "now" about it.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

They also published the image on the back of the monoliths in the 1.0 Complete Records Collection, or whatever that book is called. I've just been lazy and mean and have only posted the scans of the creepy unused Lilith so far.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:43 pm

For today's fun note. If you can catch it before it's righftully removed-

On Eva 2.0's Wikipedia page someone said the ending theme is "Angels Cry" by Angra.

P.S. Let's hope I haven't made a fool of myself by being proven wrong.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 am

lol wrong thread
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:56 am

Just watched 1.01 and also noticed the manipulation of Rei and Shinji's relationship.

F: Eventually your son will act as planned.
G: Yes. Next we will have Rei move in closer to him. The plan has not changed.

Personally I like this; it fits the theme of manipulation and general tone of Rebuild thus far, which is much more direct and cold. Though it could be nothing but a little more depth, as Gendo's manipulation could just be a catalyst for Rei to develop real feelings for Shinji and ultimately reject Gendo's "plan" -- or Shinji could just get royally fucked over (which is inevitable in some capacity).

Taiga_Shinjiro
Embryo

s2 engine

•      
  •      

Postby Taiga_Shinjiro » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Don't know if this was glaringly obvious, or if its already been pointed out, but something I just thought about-

In Rebuild Shamsels core was destroyed, where in the TV series it was retrieved and analysed-
SEELE studying the core led to the project trying to develop s2 organs for use in the Eva series- do I have that wrong?

Would that mean that should the harpies show up in 3:0 and 4:0- they won't have s2 engine/organ?

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:10 pm

It's been pointed out. It means either the Eva series get scrapped or they find a new means of S2ing.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”