Ruin Your Virgin Experience of 1.0 Today!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 am

Sorry to break the current string of conversation, but the community at THAT BOARD have been having a field day making screencap comparisons between Webuild and the original.

Last edited by The Bastard King on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 am

I think I'm finally going to step in and encourage everything to use the OTHER threads in this subforum (like this one and this one) instead of just randomly posting any discussion in a thread that's technically about cam-rips and other ways of ruining your virgin experience, not for discussing aspects of the movie itself.

This goes for the lack of direction in other threads, as well.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:31 pm

The Russian subtitles... (beta) Anybody wontsss? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ы
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

kasuturo
Adam

Postby kasuturo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 pm

mah compiutah dont read any rrrrussian subs lol!

Thank you, sooo much, but seriously, how the hell am I supposed to open those subtitles??? :S

I mean, I'm trying to open them to see the movie, but I get something like this when opening in notepad:

Dialogue Section -=-=-=-
Dialogue: 0,0:00:03.00,0:00:06.00,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,Neon Genesis Evangelion: You are (NOT) alone, áåòà-âåðñèÿ ñóáòèòðîâ
Dialogue: 0,0:00:07.00,0:00:10.00,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,by Asuka-Joy è Darkmessiah
Dialogue: 0,0:00:11.00,0:00:14.00,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,Èíôîðìàöèÿ è íîâûå âåðñèè
Dialogue: 0,0:00:49.25,0:00:52.42,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,Ââèäó ÷ðåçâû÷àéíîãî ïîëîæåíèÿ
Dialogue: 0,0:00:52.42,0:00:56.50,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,âñå òåëåôîííûå ëèíèè îòêëþ÷åíû.
Dialogue: 0,0:00:56.50,0:00:57.48,DefDialog,,0000,0000,0000,,Áåñïîëåçíî.

WTF is "Èíôîðìàöèÿ è íîâûå âåðñèè" supposed to mean! >_<
I do not have a signature.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Huh, i think when there will be an all-working-version of subs u may ask to translate it... Cat42 for example :D
Sry, but all our English-speaking users are involved in other spheres :wink:

@ kasuturo you must install a Russian encoding from the W1nd0w$ distributive. Also you haven't the Japanese one?
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

kasuturo
Adam

Postby kasuturo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 pm

CtHuLhU wrote:@ kasuturo you must install a Russian encoding from the W1nd0w$ distributive. Also you haven't the Japanese one?

That was it. Oh, my. This is the first time I ever see EVA with russian subtitles. I'm soooo gona watch it over and over and over and over again :D

Thanks for the help! :D
I do not have a signature.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:14 pm

There are Russian subtitles but not English ones?

Well...I guess that makes sense, actually.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:44 pm

don't we have our own transcript that Ornette made?

anyway, I'm currently collecting whatever screencaps I can, best check out "THAT BOARD"....
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 pm

V wrote:don't we have our own transcript that Ornette made?

That's only loose scene descriptions, not a transcript of the dialogue.

On a side note, I had downloaded the avi file and it's like a gig, divx, way too large for the crappy quality. I went ahead and re-encoded it using h264 and vorbis for the audio. Resulting file is less than 300megs, using THAT BOARD's tracker, I uploaded a torrent to /torrent/ as well as toshokan and your usual torrent places.

V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Ornette wrote:

On a side note, I had downloaded the avi file and it's like a gig, divx, way too large for the crappy quality. I went ahead and re-encoded it using h264 and vorbis for the audio. Resulting file is less than 300megs, using THAT BOARD's tracker, I uploaded a torrent to /torrent/ as well as toshokan and your usual torrent places.

Crud; do we at least have a translation of the final scene on the Moon?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

System Shocker
Lilith

Postby System Shocker » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Ornette wrote:

Hm, I want to host that file instead. I am almost out of bandwidth. It'd be cool if you could pm me a direct link to the torrent or something. I'm taking off the file until I get that.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 pm

CtHuLhU wrote:Huh, i think when there will be an all-working-version of subs u may ask to translate it... Cat42 for example :D
Sry, but all our English-speaking users are involved in other spheres :wink:

Wait, what are you volunteering me for?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:03 pm

I made a translation of some of Kaworu's line and other things a while back...

*digs thru thread*

It seems like recently, Reichu or somebody else did a better job then I did, but at least it's something: EDIT: My Search-fu despite looking in the Rebuild topic and entering my name as the author and "translation", "Kaworu", "Shinji", nothing comes up. ;_;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:11 pm

Did you try that awesome new Google forum search feature?

Jay911
Lilith

Postby Jay911 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 pm

cat42 wrote:I'm still betting on that being from the battle with the new 3rd angel.

Has anyone put money down on it being from the battle that injured Rei?

IIRC the original manga had her fighting prior to Shinji's arrival to explain her injured state when he first sees her (on the stretcher, not as an apparition in the city). I would presume we're not to consider her injuries to be from the 00 activation test.

Would the outline from the screencap be where Rei in 01 landed after getting her gluteus maximus delivered to her by hand?
--j.

System Shocker
Lilith

Postby System Shocker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:14 am

Hey, here is another link to the cam [url]http://systemshock1.centelia.org/Rebuild_1_CAM.mkv[/url]

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:25 am

Jay911 wrote:
cat42 wrote:I'm still betting on that being from the battle with the new 3rd angel.

Has anyone put money down on it being from the battle that injured Rei?

IIRC the original manga had her fighting prior to Shinji's arrival to explain her injured state when he first sees her (on the stretcher, not as an apparition in the city). I would presume we're not to consider her injuries to be from the 00 activation test.

Would the outline from the screencap be where Rei in 01 landed after getting her gluteus maximus delivered to her by hand?

I thought the same thing...but we later see Eva-00 injuring Rei when it goes out of control during a test, just like before.

Why they show us the chalk outline that early (literally the first 30 seconds) is so far unexplained, and may be a bigger mystery than we thought....
Who is "Codename V"?....

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:04 pm

The final version of rus subs http://ifolder.ru/4944773

Cat42 wrote:Wait, what are you volunteering me for?

Just a kidding :?

At least you can eat these timestamps...
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Anyway, my computer does have Russian support, and it's interesting, because when watching it in the video player, it comes in as Russian, but in notepad, it looks like ,Ââèäó ÷ðåçâû÷àéíîãî ïîëîæåíèÿ.

I think I wanna try something...
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Awesome Ornette wrote:Did you try that awesome new Google forum search feature?

I did now! :)

On [url]http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92080#92080[/url] I wrote:Kaworu: Number three again, huh? You still haven't changed. I look forward to meeting you, Ikari Shinji-kun.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”