Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Now you know what Instrumentality is all about! :lol:

It might be incoherent, but we can pick up nicely without having to bother about a lock or a deletion.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Phantom_Blitz
Embryo

Postby Phantom_Blitz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I made up this far fetched theory as to who the Giant is. I believe the Giant could be the Reincarnated Lance of Longinus that belonged to Lilith. The Spear's spirit inhabited the moon and obtained a body after from the uber-LCL GNR sprayed on the moon.

(I call it uber-LCL at the time the LCL sprayed in the moon GNR was done absorbing through her sigmata. (Thus LCL being in a more complete form) Also Adam and the angels being in GNR buffed up LCL content.

The reason Kaworu may refer to the Giant as the Third is that it is the third living being that appeared on the planet. Although it can also be the fourth as both Lilith's Spear and Lilith appeared at the same time. So they may be interchangable.

Kaworu may say that the Third hasnt changed because he is only talking about its spirit or will. Since in this series Spirits tend to go from body to body with few changes.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:49 pm

I think that it's too soon to jump into complicated conclusions.
We'll have to wait until 2.0 (if not all the movies) are released (the wait is killing me :pwnd: )

I think that the most logical answer would be that the giant is unit 6 half finished, or even it's progenitor. In the entire series we never see how the evas are build (or born, or even "grown"), the only glimpse of this is the famous image from the "birth" of eva 01:

now compare it with the image of the moon giant:

Both have their faces cover, and the core is visible in the two.

Now... what about the blood trail?
The way eva 01 was created, we asume that there was some "cutting" at some point, leaving Lilith the way it is. So we can asume that the blood comes from the separation of unit 6 from it's progenitor.

The question is... is this giant unit 6 or it's progenitor?

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Maybe its ADAM...just a thought
I won.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Themaninblack wrote:Maybe its ADAM...just a thought

I thought that too. But then...?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

On the mask: Why the hell does the mask have to have always been there? Why couldn't Seele have just put it on, as a restraint or sommat?

My theory is that it's one of many attempted Adam clones created using the Adam DNA, and that it's going to become Eva-06. That way, we still have the Adam in Kaji's briefcase, as well as the Moon Giant being Adam, and Kaworu being Adam. Three "Adams." Hence the "Adams" from the trailer, making it not Engrish at all. I doubt very much that Khara would mess something up that bad.

It's not complicated and makes sense, so it's what I'm sticking by. I'm sure it's been said billions of times.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Or it might just be a reference to multiple "Adam"-type progenitors being sent out there. But after what you've posted...I seriously wonder if Eva-06 is the Lilith clone, as opposed to Eva-01.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:23 am

I stand by the beast on the moon being the Third Angel.

Like Adam and Lilith, it was somehow contained by those wacky religion iconography loving guys at NERV and SEELE and is being used as the next step in Eva-lution.

No more need for having to struggle with cloning the Omega Angels like Adam and Lilith to make your Evas, just take your original source and use that.

What most interests me is if the ....is Kaworu the 12th or 7th Angel now...piloting the Third Angel- how is that man gonna get down to CENTRAL Dogma if the place will self destruct if an Angel pases the Triple EEE level?

Mmm the plot thickens.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:07 pm

The Moon Giant being Eva-06, a Lilith clone, the Third Angel, or some combination thereof was proposed earlier. (The posts should be at the beginning of the thread.) The "Adam" thing was the first impression of many movie-goers, as well.

Nephilim offered up some stuff I haven't seen yet, though. (Though, just to nitpick, Moon Giant doesn't have a visible core. There's just a mysterious bump in the solar plexus region.)

If Eva-06 ends up being a Lilith clone, some rewriting might be required to make her pilotable by Kaworu.

Also, what's the point of sewing pointlessly symbolic masks to giants' faces, anyway? Evangelion is so stupid. :biii: Also, that IV is "lawl".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Reichu wrote:Nephilim offered up some stuff I haven't seen yet, though. (Though, just to nitpick, Moon Giant doesn't have a visible core. There's just a mysterious bump in the solar plexus region.)

Well, if you notice in the image, it looks like the whole body is covered by some fabric (its too wrinkled and loose to be the skin), so i asumed that the core is in there, and maybe visible).
Reichu wrote:Also, what's the point of sewing pointlessly symbolic masks to giants' faces, anyway? Evangelion is so stupid. :biii: Also, that IV is "lawl".

Well, it's one of the things that make it mysterious and disturbing. They have this tradition about cover the face of a dead person that gives me the willies. (like in ringu with the towel guy, or in silent hill 3 final boss, uuhhh, i almost shited my pants)
*insert cool signature here*

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:05 pm

...Could that drilly-spirally thing above Kaworu's head be a Spear of Longinus?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Nephilim wrote:Well, if you notice in the image, it looks like the whole body is covered by some fabric (its too wrinkled and loose to be the skin), so i asumed that the core is in there, and maybe visible).

I've considered this, but I haven't been able to see a single place where fabric ends and actual body begins. (The arms and head are exposed, at the very least.)

Well, it's one of the things that make it mysterious and disturbing.

When they're, at heart, silly and impractical, they tend to be on my "pet niggle" list. If an in-universe justification is somehow provided, however...

Having all of this crap on the Moon probably beats any of the idiocy in the original series.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 pm

My theory is that it's one of many attempted Adam clones created using the Adam DNA, and that it's going to become Eva-06. That way, we still have the Adam in Kaji's briefcase, as well as the Moon Giant being Adam, and Kaworu being Adam. Three "Adams." Hence the "Adams" from the trailer, making it not Engrish at all.

If what your saying is true, then wouldn't Unit-00 and Unit-02 be one of the "Adams" as well, since they were created from Adam?

Personally, I think that the thing on the moon is Adam and Seele are going to change it into Unit-06 or at least create something from it. Though, I could be wrong since the machiney surrounding it doesn't look like its changing it into something. The machiney looks like its keeping it alive.

Looking at the moon gaint closely, it looks like it been through hell. The marks make it look like its been sowed back together. If this thing is Adam and it was involved in Second Impact, then maybe, when it exploded, someone put it back together.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:40 pm

With the exception of the thing that looks like a giant IV, it looks like they were excavating the giant. It looks like they have an excavator to dig it up, and there's a lot of scaffolding around it.

I agree with Reichu about the mask. It's not nearly as crazy as having Kaworu wake up from a coffin, though.

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm working on a very oddball theory. Maybe this is all something similiar to(though not EXACTLY the same) as Xenosaga's storyline? Maybe the event's of the Evangelion original series have already occured in the Rebuild. Maybe the Giant is the old lilith. This would of course make sense of the giant looking in bad shape. Maybe everything is starting all over again.

Crackpot theory. I'm not sticking next to it, just a thought. And of course you have the problem of Adam(Kaworu) being with Lilith.
I hate not having my Siggy.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Victorthebattousai wrote:Maybe the event's of the Evangelion original series have already occured in the Rebuild. Maybe the Giant is the old lilith. This would of course make sense of the giant looking in bad shape. Maybe everything is starting all over again.

It's called the Sequel Theory, and Reichu does bad things to people who espouse it.

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:49 pm

When Adam was cloned to create an Eva, it was obviously halted at some point before it was finished and restrained. The Evas most definitely aren't Seeds of Life. So what if Moon Giant is an Adam clone that's developed fully? I'm just speculating out loud at this point.

And on your theory, victor, thousands have come up with that same thing. It's pretty much been debunked due to lack of evidence thanks to a line from Maya.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:36 pm

At least we know the Moon Giant is not Lilith. Since the angel in Central Dogma has breasts, it has to be Lilith. A giant shaped angel with breasts and a character calling it a female name has to be Lilith.

Plus, one has to consider the fact that if Gendo still has the same plan he had back in the original series, then he would need Lilith near him so he could join with it. Though, this can be argued if Rei has Lilith's soul in Rebuild.

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 pm

He cloned Lilith with Eva-01. Why not another clone?

As far as who's come up with what, I haven't a clue. I seldom get together with other fans online. Many I have found to be a bit odd, I think. Not sure about the patrons here XD

What line from maya?
I hate not having my Siggy.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:29 am

Take the Sequel Theory stuff here before I need to split out a bunch of posts:

http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4369
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”