[REBUILD] How will it end? Give ME Rei's severed arm!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kuroshi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuroshi » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:38 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Kuroshi wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the old old original ending.

Which one would that be?

Arka.

<--- was too lazy to check OP for name when I originally posted XD

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 am

I still don't get why people are so obsessed with the Arka thing.* In the Proposal, the FAR are apparently a local phenomenon that predates human civilization, as opposed to a very not-so-local one. I'm not sure if the Proposal-FAR are supposed to be responsible for the Arka ruins or not, but, in any event, the actual shows gives us Moons instead of ruins as "mysterious constructions of advanced ancient race". The Geofront is still there in Webuild, too, innit?

And, Shin-seiki is correct -- the "laboratory" that they talk about in the Proposal is the Artificial Evolution Laboratory, which, as we know, ended up being pushed into Nerv's formative years.

The Proposal is a very different beast in a lot of ways. Rebuild seems to be bringing back older concepts here and there, but I'd expect to be surprised more than anything else.

@NAvery: I'll be getting some transcripts to you, in among the other things I need to do...
@SSD: Not Newtype Magazine USA, the book NGE Newtype 100% Collection. The Proposal (well, most of it) is published there, as a series of thumbnails JUST big enough for the text to be legible. Chronicle has republished the entire Proposal at full scale. Thank gawd.

* The katakana is A-RU-KA, which limits the number of Romanization possibilities. "Arka" was, as previously mentioned, the only rendition I could find that seemed to have anything to do with anything (i.e., Pointless Religious Symbolism).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:55 am

Reichu wrote:I still don't get why people are so obsessed with the Arka thing.

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fthagn!

Nice to see you're still alive, by the way.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:41 pm

I explained my fascination with Ar(u)ka in the first post in this thread... >_>

So has any of what the AEL's original full purpose was been translated yet?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:02 pm

I remember reading the original script a couple of months back, it sounded dumb in most parts, especially Arka and the 12 angels that wiped out America. But to bring back a few old ideas that don't hurt...why not? Above all, I'd like a surprise or two to be tossed in.

BobBQ, do you think the 2nd/3rd Angel (Apart from Adam) is going to be the infamous W'rkrncacnter? One of those would turn 3I into real madness!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:58 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:BobBQ, do you think the 2nd/3rd Angel (Apart from Adam) is going to be the infamous W'rkrncacnter? One of those would turn 3I into real madness!

It would have to be the seventh Angel for that to work properly.

Would Yui tear it apart and consume its Jjaro boxers, I wonder?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:23 pm

I thought 3 was the other Bungie number? :?

Yui: Ymm...Jjaro boxers!
W'rkrncacnter: What....ooooeeerrrrgh!!!!!

Anyway, back on topic.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:36 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:I thought 3 was the other Bungie number? :?

Yes, but seven is darker.

Anyway, I predict that Weva will end with Shinji using Eva-01 to carry an N^2 bomb into Terminal Dogma in order to knock Lilith out long enough for Somebody Else to deal with her, while the Magi goes insane and spams him with taunts, riddles and occasional bits of roundabout help.

Or it could just end with Third Impact again.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:15 am

I want Zardoz to be the harbinger of the Third Impact.

And what exactly is a "W'rkrncacnter"? Is it that fan-designed Angel?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:24 am

Maybe Melchior(Naoko as a scientist) will start talking to itself and keep saying "Oh, Hello" and "Heeheeheehee...I am a genius!" That'd be bad, even for Yui-sama.

Chee, we're Bungie fans(Yep, the Bungie of mighty Halo 3). The W'rkrncacnter comes from Bungie's old Marathon games, and it's a primal creature of chaos that was trapped in a sun, but was released and went on a rampage tearing apart starships and planets alike. The Cthulu mention reminded me of it. (Visit Marathon Bungie Org for a lowdown on the W'rkrncacnter)

Jeez...where have we gone? Better get back on topic before Aaron and Rachel use the B-word!

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Millions Livio » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 am

BobBQ wrote:
UrsusArctos wrote:I thought 3 was the other Bungie number? :?

Yes, but seven is darker.

Anyway, I predict that Weva will end with Shinji using Eva-01 to carry an N^2 bomb into Terminal Dogma in order to knock Lilith out long enough for Somebody Else to deal with her, while the Magi goes insane and spams him with taunts, riddles and occasional bits of roundabout help.

Or it could just end with Third Impact again.

Nah, it will end with Shinji rescuing Asuka and then both of them dying after destroying the last Angel. Toji is with them and somehow survives and we see "3rd" carved into the memorial.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:59 pm

totally stolen halo 3 ending lawl. anyways, Rei's severed arm always kinda creeped me out as a possible eva ending. But i didnt think of that till just now.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:31 pm

I want to believe Arqa* will somehow factor into it. Given the archeological significance of the site, and the fact that the Dead Sea fault runs into Lebanon, I actually wouldn't be surprised if SEELE found the secret Dead Sea Scrolls there.

*I believe it is named after the Arqa in Lebanon due to the Tell of Arqa. However, I have also, occasionally seen it spelled as Arka. Arqa, however is the most prevalent spelling I've found for Irqata's modern name.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

destroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby destroyer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:40 am

i think we're all gonna get hit in the face with something that hasn't been leaked or thought of yet. after hearing/reading things about 1.0 i have been thinking about things that may or may not be involved in the end.

1. could Shinji be an angel? he's the 3rd of course. he's very close to a lilith-related eva...
2. what's with that moon? is that really the earth from EoE? did Rei's blood create life somehow on what we think of as the moon?
3. will 3rd impact even happen? and if Shinji is in charge will he chose something different?
4. how are they going to initiate 3rd impact? maybe they'll still make the set of mass manufactured EVAs, but it doesn't really seem like they will. it wouldn't really make sense to make 5 or 6 more EVAS when there are only 8 more angels and we've pretty much seen glimpses of EVAs up to 06 (maybe ?)
5. anno probably... maybe knew the fans were probably going to think these new movies were a sequel based on what they have shown us. he's probably going to turn it completely on its ear and give a completely different definition to all of those things.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:33 am

1. could Shinji be an angel? he's the 3rd of course

That would be entering RE-TAKE territory, and it's while somewhat interesting, would be VERY NO DESU because Khara/Gainax are (or should be -_-) smart enough to come up with something original, of their OWN ideas. Not something from a doujinshi.

Remember, Shinji is the 3rd Children. (Or rather, 3rd Boy. ;))

And could somebody please refresh my memory of why Sachi supposedly is not the 3rd Angel? I is lost. (IIRC, Sachi=3, Sham=4, Ram=5.)

I know Lil is (mistakenly unless Anno's changing something around?) called the 1st Angel, but...

3. will 3rd impact even happen? and if Shinji is in charge will he chose something different?

Personally, I think so seeing as 3I is inevitable in the Eva-world. However, although Shinji will reject Instrumentality (Beats the alternative and all), 3I itself as well as the ending overall will most likely be played out differently.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

destroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby destroyer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:55 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
1. could Shinji be an angel? he's the 3rd of course

That would be entering RE-TAKE territory, and it's while somewhat interesting, would be VERY NO DESU because Khara/Gainax are (or should be -_-) smart enough to come up with something original, of their OWN ideas. Not something from a doujinshi.

honestly, even though Shinji isn't an angel, he kind of ends up doing the work of an angel in the end of evangelion in my perception. he doesn't truly do mankind any real favors. the ending is ambiguous, but it seems like he's left mankind alone. the way he would like to be in his head, but not where anyone truly wants to be.

Remember, Shinji is the 3rd Children. (Or rather, 3rd Boy. ;))
i know that, but it could have been double talk from the characters. making us think one thing, meaning another.
And could somebody please refresh my memory of why Sachi supposedly is not the 3rd Angel? I is lost. (IIRC, Sachi=3, Sham=4, Ram=5.)

I know Lil is (mistakenly unless Anno's changing something around?) called the 1st Angel, but...

not sure. this is one of the reasons i wish i could watch this new one myself. no matter how many details people type about anything EVA related i always feel like something is left out.

Personally, I think so seeing as 3I is inevitable in the Eva-world. However, although Shinji will reject Instrumentality (Beats the alternative and all), 3I itself as well as the ending overall will most likely be played out differently.

or maybe 3rd impact means something different this time around. if nerv/seele/gendo plan on creating and control 3rd impact i think the way they bring it about, if they do infact, it will be a completely different idea.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:35 am

Maybe thats how Anno will will mind rape us this time
"and by the way guys third impact isn't happenning"
I dont know where the movies would go if that craziness happened
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”