Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:08 am

the_seventh_child wrote:So it's been almost a month and no word for a fansub or something right?

Not even a R2 DVD release date.

zeaven
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby zeaven » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:14 am

They just released another trailer, for a movie that's been out a month. You can bet they're going to milk this until a month before the next one comes out.
Underneath it all, we feel so small
The heavens fall, but still we crawl...

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 am

Probably wont see it until next year at this rate.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:46 am

Ornette wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:So it's been almost a month and no word for a fansub or something right?

Not even a R2 DVD release date.

R2 applies to Europe and Japan right? Well at least, it gives something for us Europeans. It'd better be PAL and not NTSC.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Sorry, but the Japanese use NTSC.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Ironfoot wrote:Probably wont see it until next year at this rate.

Probably mid-2008, if we're lucky :[
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:21 pm

cat42 wrote:Sorry, but the Japanese use NTSC.

I've read somewhere that sometimes the dvds there are PAL. Even if that's not the case, i have my lovely pc. <3
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Ok, I wasn't asking about religion so much here, people. I mainly want to find out and gore. My biggest problem with Eva has always been EoE, because of the creepy sexuality and loads of gore(Asuka VS Mass Eva). I don't like seeing bodies being ripped into small pieces, thank you.
I hate not having my Siggy.

Lilith

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Victorthebattousai wrote:Ok, I wasn't asking about religion so much here, people. I mainly want to find out and gore. My biggest problem with Eva has always been EoE, because of the creepy sexuality and loads of gore(Asuka VS Mass Eva). I don't like seeing bodies being ripped into small pieces, thank you.

But would EoE have been as shocking and impressive without those images to convey emotions to the audience?

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Victorthebattousai wrote:Ok, I wasn't asking about religion so much here, people. I mainly want to find out and gore. My biggest problem with Eva has always been EoE, because of the creepy sexuality and loads of gore(Asuka VS Mass Eva). I don't like seeing bodies being ripped into small pieces, thank you.

You're not alone - I know one or two people who were disapointed in EoE's violence and sexual imagery.

I, however, agree with Avatar of Dreams - EoE would not have been as affecting or as profound or as impressive without all that stuff. EoE is such an amazing piece of cinema, I wouldn't change it for anything!
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:30 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:You're (not) alone - I know one or two people who were disapointed in EoE's violence and sexual imagery.
Fixed.

CitizenGeek wrote:I, however, agree with Avatar of Dreams - EoE would have been as affecting or as profound or as impressive without all that stuff. EoE is such an amazing piece of cinema, I wouldn't change it for anything!
Wait, you seem to contradict yourself. Did you leave a "not" out somewhere?

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Does everyone think RoE will go the way of EoE in the end?

NAveryW wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:You're (not) alone - I know one or two people who were disapointed in EoE's violence and sexual imagery.
Fixed.

^_^

Wait, you seem to contradict yourself. Did you leave a "not" out somewhere?

Yep, I did :/

Sandoz
Lilith

Postby Sandoz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:32 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:Does everyone think RoE will go the way of EoE in the end?

It's been said that the ending will be new, but not to what degree.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Sandoz wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:Does everyone think RoE will go the way of EoE in the end?

It's been said that the ending will be new, but not to what degree.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering about too. They said "a new ending," but for all intents and purposes, that just means we could get a few changed scenes and another minute or two of footage after Asuka's last line. And since still images and scenes are not foreign to Evangelion, one can't be too sure on what that may entail. Or maybe it's something completely different.

As for the release date, I'm expecting something around autumn of 2008 for a US release. That being said, I'll definitely watch the sub first (I'll buy the DVD too, but patience is a virtue I find myself without now and then) as I'm certain some groups will pick it up when the DVD is released in Japan.

Shawn Dudley
Adam

Postby Shawn Dudley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:17 am

Yeah, this is what I was wondering about too. They said "a new ending," but for all intents and purposes, that just means we could get a few changed scenes and another minute or two of footage after Asuka's last line. And since still images and scenes are not foreign to Evangelion, one can't be too sure on what that may entail. Or maybe it's something completely different.

No way they do the same ending as either EoE or EoTV. The end has been the most controversial part of EVA, they're sure to give us something different this time around.

A friend and I have a side bet that Anno finds a way to incorporate live action into the final movie. Not the whole movie, mind you, just a few scenes. Sort of what he was trying to do in EoE, but better.
"Do not believe in yourself! Believe in Me, who believes in you." -Kamina the Great

JP
Adam

Postby JP » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 am

Lemme put it this way...disregarding Shinji and Asuka laying on the beach at the end, and the crazy instrumentality voyage in Shinji's mind...do you still think Third Impact will happen in Rebuild?

IMO it's too big of an event. They will probably change it around, but still have it happen.
The pregnancy is now absolute.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:09 am

JP wrote:Lemme put it this way...disregarding Shinji and Asuka laying on the beach at the end, and the crazy instrumentality voyage in Shinji's mind...do you still think Third Impact will happen in Rebuild?

It's very hard to know. I can't imagine that they'll manage to stop SEELE and save the day - it just seems out of character for Evangelion.

I would, personally, be disapointed if we don't get the see the end of the world in RoE.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby thedarkorb » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:22 pm

If Rebuild is actually a followup to EOE, then I hope things turn out differently (not as depressing) than what happened in the original ending or else...we'll have a rebuild of rebuild? o-0

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 pm

thedarkorb wrote:If Rebuild is actually a followup to EOE, then I hope things turn out differently (not as depressing) than what happened in the original ending or else...we'll have a rebuild of rebuild? o-0

Nah, Rebuild is set in an alternate universe, AFAIK.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Haven't been here in a while... so news yet on a release eh?

I saw the new video on EM main page... looks amazing! Can't wait to see at least a Fan Sub.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”