Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:11 pm

Cone wrote:Yui-sama don´t have to approve anything... SHE´S A FREAKING DOG!!! XD

Inu? Anta Baka? Neko desu! NEKO!!!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:19 am

So maybe, instead of seeing the movie it can just be translated shot for shot line by line by those lucky people that have.

(I'm joking of course)

Oh its a sad world we live in. And a month ago I was certain by now I'd at least have seen a version of the movie in some way or form. And I don't even bittorrent that much!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 am

It's NGE. The DVD will inevitably come out over here after the Japanese release. It's not some obscure title (I'm still waiting for my official R1 release of Angel's Egg- curse you, Anchor Bay.)

pen^2
Embryo

Postby pen^2 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 am

chee wrote:It's NGE. The DVD will inevitably come out over here after the Japanese release. It's not some obscure title (I'm still waiting for my official R1 release of Angel's Egg- curse you, Anchor Bay.)

But there's so much money to be made in seemingly irrational decisions. Sure, they could release the first Rebuild movie ASAP and give it top priority treatment... but there's lots of money to be made in re-releasing, so why not start with a bad transfer, sub-par (or no) special features and then year by year release better and better versions. Then when all 4 Rebuild movies have been sold individually, they could sell them together in a small box set. Then a year later, they can release the Ultimate-Perfect-Platinum-Renewal Evangelion collection with the whole series, the original movies, all new movies and extras packaged in a lunch box or a tin or whatever sells anime these days.

While I hope for the contrary, it wouldn't really surprise me if this happens. It's certainly happened before.

Cone
Embryo

Postby Cone » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:03 am

I don´t really care if they are goingo to make 34 releases, or if the it´s coming in a lunar coffin titanium box set with a LCL fountain on top... I´m not gonna be able to buy it nevertheless... =~~

But i DO want the internetz to provide us ze torrentz ^^

An P.S.: Your right UrsusArctos... It´s a cat indeed XD Gomeeeen XD
I thought I knew something about Eva... Poor kid... <=)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:01 pm

P.S. Which was more creepy? His smile in 1.0, or his smile at the end of the HIP h-video?

His smile in the HIP Hentai is rather, uh, creepy, I'll admit. Though fun-fact: There's an H-doujinshi that's more or less like said video, so I dunno which was first. (The HIP Hentai is laughably bad, considering it has a few catchphrases from the anime, but it's actually better than most of the other Eva Hentai out there (there's only one exception, and it's this amazingly well-done 3D A/S H-video). :shock: Which probably isn't saying much?) /Off-topic

Anyway. *Ahem*

Where exactly is that Movie Proposal anyway? Is it up online anyway??
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Waitwaitwaitwait. We have ANOTHER Proposal now? Frak, we're falling way behind in translating this shart.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 pm

*Facepalm*

No, no, no. Stardust is asking you where that proposal you mentioned earlier IS.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Oh. Well, you said movie proposal, and the previous Proposal was for the whole series.

Where is it? I don't believe it's online. It was published in a Japanese Newtype, and with commentary in the Chronicle. Reichu apparently has an incomplete version of it typed up, from what she's said.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 pm

*smacks self in head* Wow, my head's really been screwed on backwards due to Summer Break.

I guess it's a good thing school starts up again for me this week??

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:08 am

So, would you guys say it's better or worse for Chistians? A lot of sexuality, nudity, gore?
I hate not having my Siggy.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:13 am

Victorthebattousai wrote:So, would you guys say it's better or worse for Chistians? A lot of sexuality, nudity, gore?
You mean the proliferation of Evangelion? :?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:33 am

Victorthebattousai wrote:So, would you guys say it's better or worse for Chistians? A lot of sexuality, nudity, gore?

There's more nudity than the TV series, but not as much as in EoE, we don't have Giant Naked Rei (yet), and the gore is turned up a notch (or 3), the angel deaths all result in huge amounts of blood, covering large portions of the city or wherever they were fighting, it even rains blood there's so much. The closest thing to sexuality is Shinji copping a feel of Rei's breast.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:19 pm

I really can't believe that kind of post exists. Would you please wake up and realize we're in 2007?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:30 pm

I'm assuming that by "Christians" you mean "hardcore Christians". The majority of America is Christian, yet the majority of America also liked 300.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:03 pm

NAveryW wrote:I'm assuming that by "Christians" you mean "hardcore Christians". The majority of America is Christian, yet the majority of America also liked 300.
do you mean hardcoe christians as in "fundamentlists" christians?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Coded to the Core
Lilith

Postby Coded to the Core » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Isnt it funny how every single freakin topic ends up so off topic that the mod's just lock it! :P .
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:34 pm

I know that fundamentalist Christians tend to have a problem with Eva, but either way that's ridiculous because what we see in Eva is simply Pointless Religious Symbolism, the use of Christianity, stuff with the Kabbalah and other things are simply meant to "look cool" while being used in context with the show. It doesn't have any "deep" meaning as some people try to get you to believe. I'm Christian and I could care less that Lilith is up on the Cross. After all, other people WERE crucified besides Jesus and all.

Anyway, topic, people, topic.

Eva really isn't that bad in terms of violence except for Episodes 18, 20 and EoE, but even then it's not THAT gory or anything. Personally, I'm more concerned about violence than any sexuality or nudity (it's a part of life, so who cares?), but I do wonder if the violence in the Rebuild movies will be more extreme than in the series or EoE was.

Ornette, would you say what we get in Rebuild:01 with violence is similar to the series-violence?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:40 pm

To hell with religious fundamentalists. They've got fail in their DNA.

I say, let 'em complain.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:02 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Ornette, would you say what we get in Rebuild:01 with violence is similar to the series-violence?

We don't see anything like Eva-03 getting its face smashed in, with eyeballs flying out and stuff. The fight with Sach was about the same (violence-wise). It's just we get like mega truckloads of blood. All the angels explode/spew unproportionate amounts of thick red blood. I thought it was kind of cool.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”