Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Krennn
Embryo

saw it and my feeling =happiness

Postby Krennn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:57 am

so i honestly reading through this thread made me register, Just got to see the movie today and it really got me back into the i "want more mood" that i had when Death and Rebirth came out with that evil supense ending.

it was mentioned peviously in the thread but id have to agree that the review here is really well done, no spoilers really but its honest and short
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33869
the replys to the review just made me angry and i stoped reading after 3 of the "screw anime and your family" type comments

Also i was wonderng, besides Ornette, who else has seen the movie? speculation aside, seeing it on the big screen was a wonderful experince. It "almost" made me beleive that whole anno speech
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-02-20/hideaki-anno-releases-statement-about-new-evangelion-movies
key word being ALMOST

also for the "i don't understand Japanese" i'd have to say that in conversation nihongo wakarimasen is a-ok. no particle is really needed its pretty well assumed, gramatically. that and also using the me no speaky Japanese whle accompanied by the hands in traditional X-block style works ^^

PS: you guys made my night thanks
Last edited by Krennn on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im a man of few words.... that is all.

Yasha
Embryo

Postby Yasha » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:54 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:Me want US Release!

You guys, who live in U.S.A, are lucky since it is quite sure that some company will license Rebuild and release it in your country. However, when you live in Poland, where even the original series haven't been released, you have to buy it on something like eBay. Yeah... this sucks. I had to buy Neon Gensis Evangelion form a guy from France. ^^ At least I know English quite well so I can just watch some English subs. God bless the Internet! :)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:14 am

Yasha wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:Me want US Release!

You guys, who live in U.S.A, are lucky since it is quite sure that some company will license Rebuild and release it in your country. However, when you live in Poland, where even the original series haven't been released, you have to buy it on something like eBay. Yeah... this sucks. I had to buy Neon Gensis Evangelion form a guy from France. ^^ At least I know English quite well so I can just watch some English subs. God bless the Internet! :)

I feel you, Greece here! I'm getting used to the whole patience thing. There's no other choice anyway.

Still, i'm more looking forward for the second movie, my favorite character is gonna strike again!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Coded to the Core
Lilith

Postby Coded to the Core » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Whoa! , This Dont look like a "Review" thread .. More of "F*kin Spoilers" .. >> , But i really didnt read any review's i am just waiting , I wanna watch the movie my-self first .
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:15 pm

I believe there was some talk eariler about wanting Re-take elments in Rebuild. I have to say i've never seen Re-take, and never want to(everyone knows where i stand about A/S), after seeing Studio Kimagabuchi's Negima doujinshi i never want to see another one of their works ever again.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:35 pm

@ Yasha: You DIDN'T get NGE over there?! O_o But...but...you did get stuff like DBZ and Sailor Moon (Czarodziejka z Księżyca)...Wow that sucks. >_< (My immediate family's from Poland.)

@ Krennn: Yay, so I was correct with thinking you DON'T need to stick on the "wa" or "ga" all the time! ^_^

btw, "wa" is the general particle that's used, "ga" is only used when emphasizing things. "I can't explain it any other way."

@ Kaminoyouni: With A/S H-doujin, one of THE group gems IMO is Tengu no Tsuzura. Their work actually has HUMOR in it, though their more recent works haven't been as memorable as their older ones. Asuka Trial 2 was pretty good IMO, but. Anyway.

With saying I'd want a Re-Take element or two, that was mostly What if? type speculation on my part. I'm curious if Anno actually knows about that and what he thinks about it, but I'd much MUCH rather see Anno-tachi doing A BRAND NEW ENDING instead of pulling elements from a fan-work OR even using stuff already seen in EoTV/EoE. Come on, Anno! Give us something NEW!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:08 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ Kaminoyouni: With A/S H-doujin, one of THE group gems IMO is Tengu no Tsuzura. Their work actually has HUMOR in it, though their more recent works haven't been as memorable as their older ones. Asuka Trial 2 was pretty good IMO, but.!
still if its if it an doujin about A/S regardless of how well somebody does it, i ain't gonna give a rats ass. and from what you say it sounds like you did take a look at that Negima doujinshi they did.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Even better: they added a female-character the otakus can relate to. A chick/nerd with glasses.

Evangelion never ceases to amaze me with their totally genuine characters.
I won.

Krennn
Embryo

what about pen pen

Postby Krennn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:10 am

just cus i havent seen any mention of it in the thread yet. But In the movie you actually get a decent glimpse inside pen pens lil house. He's got a TV and a recliner people!

Just proves that pen pen is the bomb
Im a man of few words.... that is all.

Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Millions Livio » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:40 am

I always wanted to see his little hut.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:27 pm

and from what you say it sounds like you did take a look at that Negima doujinshi they did.

I haven't actually.

Re: Pen-Pen's home: I could have sworn we did get a glimpse inside of his quarters...Maybe I'm thinking of episode 15?

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Re: what about pen pen

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Krennn wrote:just cus i havent seen any mention of it in the thread yet. But In the movie you actually get a decent glimpse inside pen pens lil house. He's got a TV and a recliner people!

RoE just cannot get any more awesome! For the love of God, someone fansub this or, better yet, get ADV to dub it and release it on DVD in a wonderful special edition that includes lots of extra stuff (especially that brochure) by next week!

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
and from what you say it sounds like you did take a look at that Negima doujinshi they did.

I haven't actually.
well Negima itself it a pretty light hearted series. what Kimagabuchi did with it.... oh my fucking god, i wouldn't ever try another one of their works ever again. i mean seriously if you can take Negima and do THAT to it, i'll see Re-take as nothing but a hyped up piece of garbage.
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:42 pm

From what I remember hearing some...where, Studio Kimigabuchi's works are usually very angsty/dark, so it's kinda surprising that Re-Take ended in the happy tone in did (~after~ included).

I read one of their other works besides Re-Take, Boku no Evangelion 2 (there was no "1") and THAT ends up kinda angsty. Nearly everybody dies because of that attack on NERV, and Asuka is fighting the Eva Series when Shinji shows up to help her; The End. Also, something about AT Field status raising/lowering.

tonikaku, topiku (Topic) onegaishimasu! ;)

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:From what I remember hearing some...where, Studio Kimigabuchi's works are usually very angsty/dark, so it's kinda surprising that Re-Take ended in the happy tone in did (~after~ included).

I read one of their other works besides Re-Take, Boku no Evangelion 2 (there was no "1") and THAT ends up kinda angsty. Nearly everybody dies because of that attack on NERV, and Asuka is fighting the Eva Series when Shinji shows up to help her; The End. Also, something about AT Field status raising/lowering.

tonikaku, topiku (Topic) onegaishimasu! ;)
that isn't as bad as Negimaru(the doujinshi series title) i mean it as if they couldn't put enough of Chisame getting raped, and thinking she actually Asuna. and then it the end? they kill Negi! i mean come on with Eva a character death is expected but killing off negi is going way too far, come on hes a Ten year old middle school teacher thats also a mage and he's only been doing the best to help his students and to someday find his father who's been missing for 6 years.
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 am

I can't remember where but I think Goose was asking what Rei said in the second train dream sequence:

"Are you going to spend the rest of your life running away from unpleasant things?"

I watched it for the second time today so I was able to pay more attention to certain things, because a LOT happens pretty fast and there's usually a shitload of stuff happening on the screen at once.

To clarify a few things, "Adam", or whoever that giant white humanoid is on the moon, is NOT wearing Lilith's mask from the TV series, it's purple, but doesn't have the 7 eyes, and it looks like the mask is sewn to the face.

I also managed to time the interesting bits and significant scene changes so that people with the rebuild mp3 can seek to that point and figure out what was said:

*****WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS*****
http://www.tesuji.org/japan_2007/rebuild_timestamps.txt

xan
Embryo

woot

Postby xan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:00 am

Just saw the movie in Kyoto. The battle with Ramiel alone was worth the trip (I'm staying three weeks though).

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Re: woot

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:02 am

xan wrote:Just saw the movie in Kyoto. The battle with Ramiel alone was worth the trip (I'm staying three weeks though).

So ... lucky! >_<

Do you speak Japanese?

xan
Embryo

Postby xan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:16 am

CitizenGeek wrote:
xan wrote:Just saw the movie in Kyoto. The battle with Ramiel alone was worth the trip (I'm staying three weeks though).

So ... lucky! >_<

Do you speak Japanese?

Not nearly enough to understand everything that was said unfortunately. One thing I can confirm is that Misato calls Lilith Lilith from the beginning. Other than that everything said here seems pretty accurate, and Ornette is doing a superb job.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:42 am

xan wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:

So ... lucky! >_<

Do you speak Japanese?

Not nearly enough to understand everything that was said unfortunately. One thing I can confirm is that Misato calls Lilith Lilith from the beginning. Other than that everything said here seems pretty accurate, and Ornette is doing a superb job.

I hadn't heard the Lilith thing before, actually. It's not that big of a deal, though - pretty much no one (aside from Kaworu) even acknowledged that Lilith was not Adam in the series when they found out.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”