Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Millions Livio
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Millions Livio » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:52 am

Victorthebattousai wrote:Eh, to each his own, I suppose. Still, if I had to bet, I don't think it will be in Rebuild. Since Anno isn't in as depressed a state, I doubt it will be thrown back in. I'm thinking it will be more like the Manga, a more sad moment, rather than twisted.

Regardless is one is in a depressed state or not, that side of them always exist.

Victorthebattousai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Victorthebattousai » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Of course. But when one is not depressed, they are less likely to express that side of their nature.
I hate not having my Siggy.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:55 pm

David Lynch by all accounts a generally happy guy, and look at the films he makes.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:44 pm

The only David Lynch I saw was Twin Peaks. Could you recommend some movies by him? Thx
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:01 pm

Eraserhead

The Elephant Man

Blue Velvet

Wild at Heart

Lost Highway (rare)

The Straight Story

Mulholland Drive

Inland Empire

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby reagen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:35 am

Victorthebattousai wrote:Of course. But when one is not depressed, they are less likely to express that side of their nature.

All too true... :D
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:36 am

@ Ornette: Forgot to ask you this earlier, but by any chance is the Rei Death smile copy/pasted into Rebuild:01, or does it at least look similar to that one? ...That'd be cool if it was kinda a cross between the two (Episode 06 and Death), heh.

And in terms of the ending/SFAiBL being there again: Rebuild 4.0 will have a brand-new ending, so it's very possible we won't even have that again.

Personally, I like the idea of each Seed being unique, and am starting to think that any of that "Adams" stuff simply deal with the Angels. Those Halo-white-looking things, though? The FAR, I think. *shrugs*

And I like I think(??) I said before, I really don't think that just because Shinji acts angrier it instantly means he's Manga-Shinji now. Granted, in the audio he did seem slightly more annoyed/angry about some things, but overall I still have a "Anime-Shinji" vibe from him; The Force is strong with this one. Image

For that matter, the lucky people who did see Rebuild:01, what are your thoughts on the subject about Shinji's personality?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:16 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ Ornette: Forgot to ask you this earlier, but by any chance is the Rei Death smile copy/pasted into Rebuild:01, or does it at least look similar to that one? ...That'd be cool if it was kinda a cross between the two (Episode 06 and Death), heh.

Not sure what you mean here. The animation in Rebuild was brand new, and I don't remember how the smile itself compared with ep06 or Death. I didn't even really remember the smile until I went through both ep06 and Death and screencapped the smile for that other thread.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:45 pm

I was asking how the smile compared, that's all.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I was asking how the smile compared, that's all.

I'd have to look at them side by side, can't really remember. Although it wasn't a copy/pasta, the animation, even the character designs, are noticeably different (but not by much). There's that one cut that was in the trailers of Rei looking surprised, that's right before she smiles.

berserkereva
Embryo

Postby berserkereva » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:04 pm

why when unit 01 recovers his hand she restores the mechanical stuff, I think that that thing only can regenerate organic stuff

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Quantum magic.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:50 pm

cat42 wrote:Quantum magic.
THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:49 am

All of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies use newly developed CGI graphics and animation for most of the part. Hand-drawing is still employed, but much, much less than that of the original series.

Also, you can tell the CGI graphics are more accurate in the fact it's much more detailed. And also requires less time and work from the artist.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:35 pm

slowpoke.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:36 pm

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:All of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies use newly developed CGI graphics and animation for most of the part. Hand-drawing is still employed, but much, much less than that of the original series.

Also, you can tell the CGI graphics are more accurate in the fact it's much more detailed. And also requires less time and work from the artist.

Probably not as much as you'd think. In terms of non-3D scenes, the pencil work is still done on paper. It's mainly the coloring and final outlining that's done on computers.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 pm

Yeah, i.e. see the production scans from the theatrical program.

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby wildarmsheero » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 am

Ornette wrote:

I'd have to look at them side by side, can't really remember. Although it wasn't a copy/pasta, the animation, even the character designs, are noticeably different (but not by much). There's that one cut that was in the trailers of Rei looking surprised, that's right before she smiles.

ImageImage
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Rodeo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:29 am

I heard there were people who thought the TV version was better.
Is this really true?

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:25 am

wildarmsheero wrote:
Ornette wrote:

ImageImage

Much prefer the Rebuild version. Much more subtle, and more keeping in with Rei's character.

And I love the hair. God-damn, do I love that hair!
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”