So, How Will Occidental Audiences See It?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:22 am

In addition to the HOLY SHITE CRACKPIPE DOOM BITCH CRIB DEATH TIN CASE, you get an electric Unit-01-head pencil sharpener. Like you needed more crap cluttering up your desk when you have to scramble finish a term paper at 1 AM and it's due in the morning and the people upstairs wont stop their goddamn ululating.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:26 am

So no torrent yet. Are we gonna have to wait until a DVD torrent? If so is Eva 1.0 hitting Japanese stores before Eva 2.0 comes out?

Basically, its been a long Evangelion-less week.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:34 am

IT'S BEEN 8 DAYS AND STILL NOTHING!? ;_;

I don't care if I have to watch it recorded on a shaky cam, I want to see my Evangelions! I'm definately buying the DVD, anyway - but I want to see the movie NOW!

Yasha
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yasha » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:18 am

Patience, my friend. ^^

Since even filming trailer took Japanese so long, then we can't expect whole movie in such a short period of time. Maybe they have ultra high-tech antiscreening devices in cinemas? ^^

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby marmotgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:18 am

Yasha wrote:Patience, my friend. ^^

Since even filming trailer took Japanese so long, then we can't expect whole movie in such a short period of time. Maybe they have ultra high-tech antiscreening devices in cinemas? ^^

I really would have expected the lure of \m/ INTERNET HEROISM \m/ to have provoked at least one ravening otaku to risk the wrath of Gainax and Law (in that order of importance, obviously :wink: ) to bring the goods to the masses.

I think a topical change of sig is in order.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:56 am

Yasha wrote:Patience, my friend. ^^

Patience was never my strong point, and ESPECIALLY when it comes to Eva! :(

Actually, I read on JapanProbe that a law prohibiting filming in cinemas was passed about 2 days before Evangelion openend in Japan. This means a) Japan is waaaay behind the times when it comes to dealing with cinema piracy and b) it's going to be a while before we get to see RoE on the internets.

/cries
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:20 am

Three guesses on what prompted -that.- :roll:

But yeah, unless the controls are absolutely draconian I'd have guessed a fansub would've been out by now.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:32 am

We'll see it sooner or later.

Personally speaking, I can wait.

Doesn't mean I won't snatch up the first screener fansub I come across, though.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:45 am

I'm not surprised there hasn't been one yet. Given the sheer amount of people in the theatres it would probably be difficult to get away with it.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Personally I would rather wait for a DVD version. I big part of Rebuild is the advanced graphics and you will lose that with a shaky camera recording.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Personally I would rather wait for a DVD version. I big part of Rebuild is the advanced graphics and you will lose that with a shaky camera recording.

From earlier in this very thread:

Carl Horn wrote:
NAveryW wrote:But aahh... since it's being released theatrically, won't the only fansub available be a shaky camcorded video of the movie screen?

That's how I first saw the increasingly inaccurately titled The End of Evangelion. It had a flicker, too, due to mismatched frame rates. It only added to the effect. I think I actually shut the fuck up for the last fifteen minutes of the film, which is an achievement in itself. Everyone in the hotel room did--this was at Anime Expo '97.

Morzella
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Morzella » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:36 pm

We should make our own world beating anime that fabs are gagging to see, and then blatently not make it avilibul to people in Japan. let's see how they like it. Ofcourse this woiuld involve first creating a world beating anime, and the waiting sevral years to be able to make a much hyped come back to get the right affect. Guess some one had best get writteing.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:43 pm

I'm being a schmuck and listening to the audio recording, what can I say, I'm not patient myself. ^_^;

Eitherway, I'm planning on getting the Japanese DVD when it's out.

Ugh. Shogoki's roar=FAIL. How they sounded originally (like, giant humans, lol) was SOOO much better! ;_;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Krennn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Krennn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Sandoz wrote:I don't know about a torrent, but I would have guessed that pics of the New Girl and the redesigned Evas (even crappy cellphone cam shots) would have hit the net by now.

in my defense i would have but the shot was like 1 sec if tht long. and i dont remember actually seeing her face completely
Im a man of few words.... that is all.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:Actually, I read on JapanProbe that a law prohibiting filming in cinemas was passed about 2 days before Evangelion openend in Japan. This means a) Japan is waaaay behind the times when it comes to dealing with cinema piracy and b) it's going to be a while before we get to see RoE on the internets.

I think that was more of an update to the anti-cinema piracy laws, not the first law passed. From my understanding, that law was more of a stiffening of the penalties.

As for point b though, yes, its gonna be a long long time. Rocketman long, if you ask me.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Krennn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Krennn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am

yeah im pretty sure theyve had the anit filming thing, simply becuase theres always the cute little camera head mime guy who gets arrested by the kesatsu(police). ido so love that.

that and imo i really feel bad for those people who have to watch it for the first time from a screener. I understand that obviously its not possible for people to see it here, but i feel sad becuse i think people will loose out on how crisp and clear the picture and sound is... and i jsut hope people dont judge it based on a screener. hope that makes sense.

at the same time i wana watch it with fansubs now!
Im a man of few words.... that is all.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:09 am

chee wrote:Personally speaking, I can wait.

I'm having a hard time deciding on wether I would watch a shitty quality version of RoE or if it would be better to wait for a high quality version.

I really want to see this movie as quickly as possible, but I think I'd like to see it in good quality too.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:28 am

CitizenGeek wrote:
chee wrote:Personally speaking, I can wait.

I'm having a hard time deciding on wether I would watch a shitty quality version of RoE or if it would be better to wait for a high quality version.

I really want to see this movie as quickly as possible, but I think I'd like to see it in good quality too.

I ll see it soon as it comes available online
but ill only watch it if I can actually see the picture
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:31 pm

I can't wait for the beautiful moment when it arrives on DVD, in it's beautiful glory.

But until then.

TORRENT.

I want it. ;-;
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:38 am

Machinehead wrote:I can't wait for the beautiful moment when it arrives on DVD, in it's beautiful glory.

I think all of us cannot wait for that moment! :)
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”