How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:06 pm

BusterMachine4 wrote:
I was worried people would look down on me because I'm not an adult yet.

Don't worry, we won't do that here-or at least the Staff won't! I'm living proof, after all. The way you conduct yourself and the things you say are how we judge people here, which I think you'll agree is a completely logical idea.

Edit: Also, it's genuinely nice to meet another young Zoomer my age posting here. May I ask you where you live? If you don't feel like answering publically, you can use PMs or if you don't feel like answering at all, just don't!

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Re: How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Edit: Also, it's genuinely nice to meet another young Zoomer my age posting here. May I ask you where you live? If you don't feel like answering publically, you can use PMs or if you don't feel like answering at all, just don't!

Well, all I'll say is that I live in the USA. I don't want to get too specific, because I've always been careful not to give personal info to people I meet online. I'm actually half-Estonian though, so that's another point of similarity between us! ^_^

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Understood. Also, I think you actually mentioned being half-Estonian somewhere, but I completely forgot about that!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:00 pm

If I'm mathing correctly: 1.0 came out in Japanese theaters shortly before I turned 22. An excitable and quite new Eva fangirl—I only got into NGE/EoE in 2005-2006.

.....I'm 35 now <_>
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Still less than half my age... ;)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:14 pm

Haha! Some family members are near your age, but I don't know how much the majority would appreciate Eva :emogendo: (Happily, at least one does!)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 pm

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:Wait, you're 16 too? Guess it's time to reveal my true age, then. I was worried people would look down on me because I'm not an adult yet.

I don't think anyone will or should look down on anyone for their age. My brother is only a year older than you and I talk with him about Eva all the time.

Plus I remember watching Eva at 15 like it was yesterday, and I sure didn't get any magical understand Eva powers since (sadly).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Rocko52
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rocko52 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:32 pm

I was 9 in 2007 and had never heard of Eva.

I first watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Evangelion when I was 14, in June 2013. At that time there were Three Rebuilds out, but I put off watching them until some point in the future. Eva became my favorite show of all time though, and that it remains, reaffirmed with each rewatch every few years.

Now it's 2021, I am 22. I've been an Eva fan for almost 8 full years, and in all that time no new Rebuilds have released. The scale of this project's release is just hard to wrap my head around haha.

Sachiel64
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sachiel64 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Fittingly enough, I was 14 when You Are (Not) Alone released.

Really hope 3.0+1.0 is out before I'm 29...
Sachiel64

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:57 am

Zusuchan and BM4 - it's weird to think that I'm twice as old as you, or more accurately, as old as both of you combined! Eh, I don't feel any older than when I was 19, when 1.0 came out, so I'll take what I can get... :lol: But yeah, I never imagined in 2007 that I'd be waiting for the last Rebuild movie in 2020! It feels incredibly weird, like, how did so many years go by?

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:Wait, you're 16 too? Guess it's time to reveal my true age, then. I was worried people would look down on me because I'm not an adult yet.

It's NOT about age, it's all about how you conduct yourself. Don't worry about "not being an adult", since most "adults" can say or do incredibly stupid things, while "kids" sometimes show a level of wisdom and maturity that their elders lack.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

melonpan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby melonpan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:04 pm

i was 7 years old, currently 20! i think i remember being in Japan spring of 2007, so my brain wants to correlate my hazy memories of that time with some of 1.0 :D
fan since 2013

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:14 am

I was 20 in 2007, living in the Horn of Africa. I remember being see hyped to see the show re-done in movie quality and never realized how much I would love the movies. Sometime I see my Facebook memories hyping up how all four movies will be out by like 2010 or something lol. I ended up moving to Japan in 2012 and actually got to see Q in theaters which was amazing.

I’m so anxious about the final one coming out because it’s been such a long journey but I can’t wait to see it. This franchise has meant so much to me since I first discovered it in 1999.

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:09 am

I was 23 in 2007 and I’m 36 now.

I first watched Evangelion waaay back in 1996, after renting the first tape from a video store. I was hooked in a way nothing else had hooked me before. It just clicked with me.

Afterwards I went to my local sun coast and bought the first three tapes with all my savings, which was about $100 dollars. I was 12 at the time.

I then bought each tape as it was released. Hell, I’ve bought nearly every piece of Evangelion media released since then.

What a ride. I’ve been a fan of this series nearly all my life. Watching 3.0 + 1.0 is going to be an emotional experience no matter how it turns out.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 am

View Original PostAkko wrote:Wasn't exactly into anime back then but well,
5 years old in 2007, turning 19 in 2021

Same here.

Josdavi/Armisrael
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Josdavi/Armisrael » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:32 pm

I was 12 back then, now I'm 26.
I've been fan of Eva since 2008 so I've been in this fandom more than half of my life :)
Life is insubstantial
but the joy of this, is to make an artificial reason to live till the end.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live"

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:18 pm

I was 14 when the 1.0 first came out in Japan but I don't think I watched a subbed cam rip of it until after my birthday at the end of September, maybe even six months after that to be honest. Currently 28 and I'm perfectly OK with waiting until I'm 30 for the dub to come out, so long as I can watch it with subtitles before then xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Orpheus388
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Orpheus388 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Would have been 11 in 2007. Knew nothing about Evangelion. I was hyped to high heaven for Spider-Man 3 though and reading as much as I could about that at an age where I was just now truly getting the hang of what using Google and Wikipedia to learn about stuff was all about. Now I'm 25, resigned to knowing I may not watch 3.0 + 1.0 until I'm 28. But y'know that's how it be sometimes.
You can call me Thanatos, kupo!

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:17 pm

I was 16 back in 2007. Now I’m 30.

I know, I’m getting old.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

pokcay
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pokcay » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:41 pm

20 y.o when 1.0 came out

currently 33

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:38 am

19 and now 33. :shifty:
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”