3.0+1.0 Theory

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Caroline L.S.
Embryo

3.0+1.0 Theory

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:17 am

So, I have this little theory that I wanted to share here. I kind of had this idea. Please try to correct me or point me to someone that already figured it out.

What if unit 13 is a reconstruction from what is left out of unit 03. 03-13... Now that said. What if Asuka finally finishes her job and teaches unit 2 completely in the battle seen in the trailer to stop the impact. Given that she survives... She might be forced to pilot 13 with Shinji in dual sync. It would be a bit messed up for her to return to the unit that raped her mind and body. That is why I find it plausible that Anno will do it. After that. MY guess is that the two of them will cause the final impact or turn back time somehow. Hence the +1.0. Or they might both end up dead and we get something similar to the end of the manga.

I would like to hear your opinions. What do you think? Am I onto something?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: 3.0+1.0 Theory

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:59 am

Eva-03 was a production model; Eva-13 is an Adams that survived from Second Impact. Had Eva-03 been an Adams, the whole 9th Angel incident would have had a very good chance of awakening the Eva and causing an Impact.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 am

Reichu wrote:Eva-03 was a production model; Eva-13 is an Adams that survived from Second Impact. Had Eva-03 been an Adams, the whole 9th Angel incident would have had a very good chance of awakening the Eva and causing an Impact.

Now, is there any evidence in rebuild material only, that says that 13 is one of the Adams? I mean, Don't take this as an insult or anything, but I found your theory is a bit of a construct upon construct. Sure it might make sense from the lore perspective but it makes no sense to me from the narrative one. What is the higher lesson that Anno wants to teach us with that? I am not saying that you are wrong. I just don't buy it. I might give it a try and reread it in its newest iteration but I just don't know...

To me, Rebuilds are theatrical in more ways than one. They do tend to favor cheap drama over the complexity of lore and characters. This tells me that the plot as complex as your theory is really implausible. I still think that the rebuild will be tied into the EoE in some way. It is just my opinion. We shall see how it all plays out. Hell, it might even turn out to be a prequel instead of sequel/parallel. Who knows.

The 13 having two pairs of hands in the same configuration as 03 had told me there might be something here. Asuka's eye would tie into that by being the wild card in her being placed in a position when she might have to pilot even if it might cost her.

Hell the Bardiel incident might even be how the 13/adam body came to be "reborn" By reacting to Asuka/Soul fragment and growing another pair of hands.

In the end, it is all just speculation. I am probably wrong.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Mari says it outright. If for whatever reason you don't believe her, the fact that Eva-13 turns into a Radiant Giant when it acquires the Fruit of Life and has the ability to open the Gates of Guf (something regular Evas can't do -- case in point, see Eva-04's pseudo-Impact) tell you all you need to know.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:42 am

Reichu wrote:Mari says it outright. If for whatever reason you don't believe her, the fact that Eva-13 turns into a Radiant Giant when it acquires the Fruit of Life and has the ability to open the Gates of Guf (something regular Evas can't do -- case in point, see Eva-04's pseudo-Impact) tell you all you need to know.

Well to answer that I guess I will have to read up on your theory. Even if I really don't like the implications of it. What kind of narrative purpose would that plot serve? That said, I don't really want to prove or disprove any present theory here. I am just asking about the possibility.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:43 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote: What kind of narrative purpose would that plot serve?

"Multiple Adams" and "Adams being weaponized" is kinda NTE's thing, so it would be a very odd decision to not have the machine that is probably going to be the (figurehead of the) big bad in the final movie be just that: A weaponized Adam.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”