Seele didn't give a f*** about "losing" the Nebuchadnezzar key.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The_Max
Adam

Seele didn't give a f*** about "losing" the Nebuchadnezzar key.

Postby The_Max » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Something so important to Gendo (he even go to the bathroom with it) but Seele could not care less about that item getting "lost". In addition, they don't realize Gendo has it after 15 years...
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Seele didn't give a f*** about "losing" the Nebuchadnezzar key.

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:49 am

Kaji very specifically says that Seele were keeping it as a "spare". Their intended version of HIP involved Mark.06 and Lilith. Gendo's is rather more convoluted.

Also, the reason Seele weren't looking for the Key may simply have been because Bethany Base got blown up.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:49 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Kaji very specifically says that Seele were keeping it as a "spare". Their intended version of HIP involved Mark.06 and Lilith. Gendo's is rather more convoluted.

Also, the reason Seele weren't looking for the Key may simply have been because Bethany Base got blown up.

And how come Seele (and Kaworu, a "Seele child") didn't notice for 15 years due to the fact that Gendo goes everywhere with that "particular" briefcase?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:05 am

The key is the thing inside the briefcase. The case itself was probably supplied by Kaji when he smuggled the key out of containment.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:13 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The key is the thing inside the briefcase. The case itself was probably supplied by Kaji when he smuggled the key out of containment.

Of course and that is what I'm saying. It is a "very particular" case. So, in summary:

- What happened in Bethany base was, somehow, planned by Gendo.
- The item inside the case is very important.
- Gendo has that case for 15 years.

And Seele don't find out what happened in Bethany base and are blind about Gendo wandering with the case everywhere in 15 years with Kaworu around :irked:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:37 pm

It seems like you had your mind made up when you created the thread and never intended to engage in anything but a bad faith argument, but maybe that's just me...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Akko
Adam

Postby Akko » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:47 pm

*cinema sins intensifies*
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:It seems like you had your mind made up when you created the thread and never intended to engage in anything but a bad faith argument, but maybe that's just me...

Using your reasoning you are doing the same, looking for twisted paths to "patch" the plot. I came here to share my opinion with the hope of finding in other opinion something that I missed about this topic but seems that I missed nothing.

Admit the plot is "weak" about that part and that's all, it doesn't need to be perfect. Or maybe Anno will provide some sort of explanation in 3.0 + 1.0 :tongue:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:52 pm

An extremely weak use of "NO YOU". You marched in here and made an utterly bare-bones excuse for a thread with no intention of having an actual discussion, which is not how things are done around here, which is why I have criticised you. People responding to a thread with alternative explanations to consider is, on the other hand, proper behavior. If you want to have bad faith non-discussions about what you are already convinced is bad writing, you can do it somewhere else.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”