"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:20 am

Best comment from the /a/ livewatch threads

THE ANGELS ARE DOING THE CAN-CAN THIS IS FRANCE AFTER ALL
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

HEALTH_DISCO
Embryo

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby HEALTH_DISCO » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:22 am

I didn't really like the french translation, even for the recap.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:23 am

It was okay. I still don't like the CG but whatever. And I still don't care about Mari.

I'm sure the movie is going to be good but these 10 minutes were just okay.
Last edited by Justacrazyguy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Lord Roem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lord Roem » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am

Obviously it ended up being the half-English girl destroying the most iconic symbol of French architecture.

"Sorry, Mr Eiffel" isn't going to cut it, Mari.

First Brexit and now this.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:26 am

So Wille is able to restore the earth somewhat? This makes the whole situation with Shinji and the spears even sadder in retrospective.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:28 am

The first 10 minutes of Anno’s Shin Eva successfully outdoes all of del Toro’s Pacific Rim, as far as the visuals are concerned.

Watching this on Eva Monkey’s livestream has GoatJesus complaining that the first 10 minutes isn’t the whole movie, which is understandable, but not reasonable in any way.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:30 am

Anyone care to share what they saw for those of us unable to catch any footage?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:31 am

From what I gathered out of the subtitles, Wille went to Paris to regain access to (a) an inactive NERV branch base, (b) potential spare parts for Units 02 and 08 which, from Mari's see-through vision, appeared to be stored inside the old branch.

The restoration of the Paris CBD from the red wasteland opens up some interesting possibilities for where the rest of the film could go. Is a good end possible?

I guess we'll find out in 2020.
Voluntary Illusion.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 am

Sooooooo did Wille kinda just forget that Shinji, Asuka and Rei are still walking around Japan...? Wondering how much time has passed since the end of 3.0.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 am

Here's what I got from the scene:
The Wunder crew are wearing suits because the air over the red wasteland is toxic to them. As soon as it is purified, Ritsuko disengages her visor.
That is what Asuka meant at the end of Q - "The L-Barrier density is too high, the Lilin can't pick us up". They are immune because they are affected by the curse of Eva. This is what differentiates them from "the Lilin".

Another thing, the visual effect used for the purifying was exactly the same as used in EoTV Ep 26 when the darkness gets wiped away and the congratulations scene begins
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:41 am

For now (like right now, it could be removed or replaced with a higher quality version) is the teaser & sequence:

New Movie starts at around 4 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAPrlLVpv50

eldomtom2
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby eldomtom2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:46 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Here's what I got from the scene:
Another thing, the visual effect used for the purifying was exactly the same as used in EoTV Ep 26 when the darkness gets wiped away and the congratulations scene begins

...no?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:57 am

Those green Eva/Angel - Nemesis series units are clearly the ones we see in 3.0 during the scene where Shinji is leaves his room at Nerv HQ and goes searching Rei Q.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 am

Was Misato in this scene, even as a voice?

Paris being restored to normal... Shinji will take that well if he finds out. (Sarcasm obviously, he might just finally snap and decide to ruin it, purposely this time. Gotta be edgy before the edgelords and emos come out.)
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:06 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Those green Eva/Angel - Nemesis series units are clearly the ones we see in 3.0 during the scene where Shinji is leaves his room at Nerv HQ and goes searching Rei Q.

But we saw arms in that scene whereas none of these looked like they had any arms.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:07 am

So both the 30 second teaser and the next time PV from Q have been realised here -- no "where are our Gendo and Fuyutsuki donkey adventures?" this time.

Also, in certain trademark respects, the state of the art seems to have deteriorated over the past 30 years when one compares Noriko and Mari.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:11 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:But we saw arms in that scene whereas none of these looked like they had any arms.

These ones don't have, but some will probably have later in the film.

Microsoft_Sam wrote:Paris being restored to normal... Shinji will take that well if he finds out. (Sarcasm obviously, he might just finally snap and decide to ruin it, purposely this time. Gotta be edgy before the edgelords and emos come out.)

He will probably snap even more when he realizes that there was actually a way to restore earth safely even without his help.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
He will probably snap even more when he realizes that there was actually a way to restore earth safely even without his help.

Looks like it's villain protagonist time!!! :devil:

SPARE NO ONE!!!! KILL THEM ALL Shinji!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Last edited by Microsoft_Sam on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:23 am

Those Angel things look like continuations of the Mark.04 series (notice how they just keep on adding "4"s now instead of changing the letter...). Looks like Wille went to this Paris base to stock up on supplies, including parts to repair 02 and 08. Mari says "Just hold on, Puppy Boy" at the end.

Here's hoping we still get the "three children in the red wastes" scene after the title card.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”